Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:45 pm

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182198 times)

NAT0003

Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2017, 02:49:02 pm »
Having a VCAA assessor as your teacher is very useful as they know the course inside out and they will know all the tips and tricks for doing well as well as the common errors people make. I had an assessor as my teacher for bio last year and it was really helpful as she could mark all my practice exams like they were the real thing, giving me excellent feedback. I simply wouldn't have been able to mark my own exams to the same level and wouldn't have had any constructive criticism to work with. Overall I think they are most useful for subjects where it is difficult to mark your own practice exams.
Does having an accesor as a teacher mean that sacs are marked harder in general?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2017, 03:00:49 pm »
Does having an accesor as a teacher mean that sacs are marked harder in general?
ehh really depends on cohort strength. With a weaker cohort sacs are generally meant to be marked quite leniently to keep the students engaged (makes sure most people pass and not lose hope with really low scores). In more stronger cohorts the sacs are generally marked harsher to separate the top students and also to ensure that not everyone ends up full marking.

NAT0003

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2017, 03:03:51 pm »
ehh really depends on cohort strength. With a weaker cohort sacs are generally meant to be marked quite leniently to keep the students engaged (makes sure most people pass and not lose hope with really low scores). In more stronger cohorts the sacs are generally marked harsher to separate the top students and also to ensure that not everyone ends up full marking.
So because i'm in a relatively strong cohort, it will be really hard to get 100%

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »
+1
What degree are you studying :)
I'm sure if you read my sig it tells you ;)
(Not to be confused with pharmacy )
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2017, 04:06:42 pm »
+2
15/3/2017 Had my chem SAC today. I went in feeling pretty confident, since I did heaps of prep, but I went out feeling pretty bad.  :'( The SAC was only 50 minutes long, so I was stressed for time and rushed through the last 3 pages. I feel like I could have done much better if I organised my time better. I have my physics SAC tomorrow. I just hope I do well for physics, so I have something positive to think about.

NAT0003

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2017, 05:15:46 pm »
I'm sure if you read my sig it tells you ;)
(Not to be confused with pharmacy )
Oops, didn't realise your sig, my bad :P

Got a bit of methods homework, further homework, starting creative writing in english today

J41: Merged double post. NAT, please contact me if you're having difficulty modifying your posts. :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:24:48 pm by Joseph41 »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »
+2
-I got my Methods test mark. Usually I do better in the tech-free but for this chapter I got 50% for tech-free and 78% for CAS allowed '-_- Overall I'm very disappointed in myself
-I also did the practical part for my Bio SAC. It was so confusing because it was my first time doing a practical SAC. I'd rather have an assessment based on theory which has questions rather than a practical (I am so no an independent learner)
-On Thursday I have the written part of the Bio SAC and right after it (with a half an hour break) I have an English text response SAC for This Boy's Life. I hope I do well in both
-The next two weeks I have an Informatics SAC going for five periods, which I for some reason am looking forward to
But...I'm going to try my best and be optimistic because there is no point in making myself lose motivation, and I don't want to spread any negative vibes here. Just stay strong everyone and try your best! I'll write again next time, though I'm not sure when that will be...

Welcome to ATAR Notes, somayya.b! ;D

All the best for the Bio and English SACs tomorrow - let us know how you go. :) I'm sending good vibes!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

TooLazy

• Trendsetter
  • 2014 Forest Hills Drive
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2017, 05:32:12 pm »
+4
Welcome to ATAR Notes, somayya.b! ;D

All the best for the Bio and English SACs tomorrow - let us know how you go. :) I'm sending good vibes!

I admire your profile picture. Something about it is just really relaxing.
I could stare at it alllllll day
Future engineer

NAT0003

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »
You're profile picture is pretty cool too ;)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2017, 06:14:19 pm »
+1

Hahaha amazing - thanks! The schwa is my favourite thing ever. :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

chooby

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »
+2
=15th of March 2017=
~THE BIO SAC~
-didn't sleep too well so was honestly super nervous about it. a good majority of my friendship group is doing bio 3/4 as well so we were all just stressing out a lot. went in nervous but honestly, it was a lot easier than I'd thought it be. I think I was just so in my head before the exam that my first thought was to just finish and ended up at the last page with over 20 minutes to spare! i definitely know now that I've missed a few markes here and there but overall, it's like a weight being lifted off my shoulders.  ;D
-time to study for methods sac next week :(
-got methods sac back only to find i got 100%! great boost of morale for bio sac after seeing my grades for english :\
-planning to stay afterschool more often just so i can get straight into studying because I know I'm falling behind so why not just take the time while in the school mood to study ya know?
-went to acapella again. practiced pieces for generations in jazz at mt gambier. anyone else going this year???
-gonna do methods, chem and physics homework after finishing this post so woop.

Well done with chem! ^_^
Thermodynamics sounds horrible, I can't remember much (if at all) of it! :)
Don't worry about your English SAC, I'm sure you'll ace the semester!
How'd studying for bio go last night? :)
Honestly had no idea what was happening with thermodyamics.  :P Going to Edrolo and textbook the shit out for revision for that. English SAC is going okay. Planned out mini-deadlines on when I should get certain aspects done like research, writing and recording so hopefully I will stick to it and not be super stressed on the due date. Yeah, definitely stayed up later than I should have for bio :\ but its over now so I can catch up on some sleep.

15/3/2017 Had my chem SAC today. I went in feeling pretty confident, since I did heaps of prep, but I went out feeling pretty bad.  :'( The SAC was only 50 minutes long, so I was stressed for time and rushed through the last 3 pages. I feel like I could have done much better if I organised my time better. I have my physics SAC tomorrow. I just hope I do well for physics, so I have something positive to think about.
Honestly, my advice right now is to keep your head up high and keep marching onwards. If the morale is low especially for the physics SAC tomorrow, you'd be too clouded in your emotions and won't be able to focus. It's great that you acknowledged what you could've done better in this SAC but the next step to that is working on techniques and other habits that can help you manage our time. Something my friend does is that she does practice tests under timed conditions with her sister who had already graduated from highschool. Not only is there that time pressure but there is also that pressure of others doing the test around you so if you could focus on the test rather than the other people that would be amazing. And if you don't have someone to do that with, you could always do set homework questions under a timed condition. (thats what i'm doing c;) so not only do you get your homework done faster but you are able to time yourself on simpler textbook questions to ensure you understand the concepts and ideas in each question. Hopefully this will help and all the best to your physics SAC tomorrow!!!

"It's not the building that matters; it's what happens in it that does" ~ Mark Conner

2017 | Biology [38]
2018 | English [] Methods [] Chemistry [] Physics [] MUEP Chemistry []

TooLazy

• Trendsetter
  • 2014 Forest Hills Drive
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2017, 06:51:16 pm »
+3
You're profile picture is pretty cool too ;)

I'd say its pretty 'super' ahahaha if you know what I mean  ;)
Future engineer

vcestressed

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »
+2
15/03/17
- My methods teacher has been away for 3wks and apparently he's sick so I'm really worried. He's not only the best teacher but he's also the coolest person I've ever met in my whole life. I hope he gets better. <3
- My spesh SAC is on monday - defs not looking forward to it.
- My spesh quiz got moved to Friday cuz no one was ready :) :-*
- I just wrote my whole debate.. it's at 3 tomoz and we're against some really high ranked private school so I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like -_- I'm the only one on my team who has finished their speech hahah. My other team members actually 'start' making their debate half an hour b4 the actual debate cuz they can make everything up on the spot. (well, they think they do :P)
- I have one more chapter to write and then i'm done with writing my story online. Never gonna write online again LOL. The readers get super angry when i post chapters late and it pisses me off :o
- I have heaps of homework to do today

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »
So because i'm in a relatively strong cohort, it will be really hard to get 100%
not necessarily but that is the most likely case.

e.g MHS and JMSS SACs are usually stupidly hard but I think scotch sac's are quite doable.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2017, 07:43:56 pm »
+1
=15th of March 2017=
~THE BIO SAC~
-didn't sleep too well so was honestly super nervous about it. a good majority of my friendship group is doing bio 3/4 as well so we were all just stressing out a lot. went in nervous but honestly, it was a lot easier than I'd thought it be. I think I was just so in my head before the exam that my first thought was to just finish and ended up at the last page with over 20 minutes to spare! i definitely know now that I've missed a few markes here and there but overall, it's like a weight being lifted off my shoulders.  ;D
-time to study for methods sac next week :(
-got methods sac back only to find i got 100%! great boost of morale for bio sac after seeing my grades for english :\
-planning to stay afterschool more often just so i can get straight into studying because I know I'm falling behind so why not just take the time while in the school mood to study ya know?
-went to acapella again. practiced pieces for generations in jazz at mt gambier. anyone else going this year???
-gonna do methods, chem and physics homework after finishing this post so woop.

Honestly had no idea what was happening with thermodyamics.  :P Going to Edrolo and textbook the shit out for revision for that. English SAC is going okay. Planned out mini-deadlines on when I should get certain aspects done like research, writing and recording so hopefully I will stick to it and not be super stressed on the due date. Yeah, definitely stayed up later than I should have for bio :\ but its over now so I can catch up on some sleep.
Glad to hear the biol SAC was easier than you thought! Congrats on the score for that methods SAC and all the best for the other methods SAC.;D
I can highly recommend the staying back after-school thing, I did that most Wednesdays last year and I found it really beneficial (plus it encouraged my sister to stay back and do homework instead of going straight home to play Sims 4, hahah).
That's super awesome with the mini-deadlines thing! I did a similar thing, with my calendar to remind of events/assessments coming up and I still use that little habit to this day. :)
That's okay, try not to wreck your sleep schedule too much, too often though! (Trust me, I did that going into uni and by like 8 I felt dead and still had stuff to do. I'm slowly bringing myself back to normal :P )

15/03/17
- My methods teacher has been away for 3wks and apparently he's sick so I'm really worried. He's not only the best teacher but he's also the coolest person I've ever met in my whole life. I hope he gets better. <3
- My spesh SAC is on monday - defs not looking forward to it.
- My spesh quiz got moved to Friday cuz no one was ready :) :-*
- I just wrote my whole debate.. it's at 3 tomoz and we're against some really high ranked private school so I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like -_- I'm the only one on my team who has finished their speech hahah. My other team members actually 'start' making their debate half an hour b4 the actual debate cuz they can make everything up on the spot. (well, they think they do :P)
- I have one more chapter to write and then i'm done with writing my story online. Never gonna write online again LOL. The readers get super angry when i post chapters late and it pisses me off :o
- I have heaps of homework to do today
Awh! That's no good about your methods teacher, sending happy and healthy vibes! :)
I hope you do well in your spesh SAC, how are you find spesh overall?
Woo! Go you ;D Best of luck for your debate, I'll be cheering on for you here. :)
Don't worry about people complaining with your online stories, you do you, not what other people want you to do! :)
Have fun with the homework! ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!