Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:41:58 am

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 24908 times)  Share 

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:37 pm »
ok so i know im not one to be posting on this thread but like:

1. damn they put cubics in the math exam yall really unlucky
2. there are sometimes incredibly late offers (one of my friends got sent one in november and another in early december)
3. i dont remember there even being a clock. maybe there was and i didnt even notice hahahah. you should however try to use your time wisely once you hear "5 minutes left". look at the questions you have skipped and think "can i solve this in 30 seconds at most?" if not, mark it as C (you can do B if you wanna be different)(this is the next time for an exam, doesnt matter if it's for shs or not)
4. apparently they completely changed the format of numerical and verbal after speaking to some people who were preparing for 1-2 years. if you did horribly on it (or you think you did but you end up with 6 superiors) youre not alone
5. plEASE PLEASE PLEASE for those who went over the time limit dont do it ever again. youre not supposed to be able to finish the test!! even tho some people might have, just guess the rest with those time warnings. peoples tests dont get thrown into the bin but that whole entire test isnt even marked at all. i know this is a horrible thing and its not making anyone feel better but please dont go over the time limit (tHIS IS THE CASE FOR 99% OF THE EXAMS IF NOT 100%)

im sorry if i sound even a little bit rude. these were just some things i wanted to say. hopefully yall really do get in to the schools you want <3

omg at first i thought number 5 meant that if we didn’t finish the test it would thrown in the bin or not get marked at all and spent 5 minutes silently having a mental breakdown before i connected my last two braincells together and read it again shsjsks
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2019, 09:04:48 pm »
Guys, not to sound cocky or anything, but HOW DID U FIND THE MATHS HARD?!?! I did like 45 for maths and guessed the rest. It WASNT EVEN YEAR 10 MATHS (except for the last questions). I thought numerical was hard af. I literally did 25 questions on numerical, then spammed B’s. For verbal I did around 35 questions and guessed. But I did rlly good on writing and though I finished reading, I probably got a above average

IKR? NUMERICAL WAS SOOO HARD. IT WAS WORSE THAN MATHS AND MATHS WAS NOT FUN OR FRESH
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2019, 09:52:31 pm »
IKR? NUMERICAL WAS SOOO HARD. IT WAS WORSE THAN MATHS AND MATHS WAS NOT FUN OR FRESH
wtf are u guys talking about, there were like 30 Numerical pattern questions which were like 13 minutes, and 15 other big af questions with 17 minutes in hand. The other 5 could be guessed, whereas, maths wasn’t that hard either but WTF WAS THAT LAST QUESTION?? Verbal was hardish, I don’t even wanna talk about reading comp as I hate that and I WISH IT WAS ANALYTICAL, NOT CREATIVE

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2019, 10:06:47 pm »
ok so i know im not one to be posting on this thread but like:

1. damn they put cubics in the math exam yall really unlucky
2. there are sometimes incredibly late offers (one of my friends got sent one in november and another in early december)
3. i dont remember there even being a clock. maybe there was and i didnt even notice hahahah. you should however try to use your time wisely once you hear "5 minutes left". look at the questions you have skipped and think "can i solve this in 30 seconds at most?" if not, mark it as C (you can do B if you wanna be different)(this is the next time for an exam, doesnt matter if it's for shs or not)
4. apparently they completely changed the format of numerical and verbal after speaking to some people who were preparing for 1-2 years. if you did horribly on it (or you think you did but you end up with 6 superiors) youre not alone
5. plEASE PLEASE PLEASE for those who went over the time limit dont do it ever again. youre not supposed to be able to finish the test!! even tho some people might have, just guess the rest with those time warnings. peoples tests dont get thrown into the bin but that whole entire test isnt even marked at all. i know this is a horrible thing and its not making anyone feel better but please dont go over the time limit (tHIS IS THE CASE FOR 99% OF THE EXAMS IF NOT 100%)

im sorry if i sound even a little bit rude. these were just some things i wanted to say. hopefully yall really do get in to the schools you want <3

Do they actually not mark my entire Verbal test? Does that mean they give me an average for it or is it just not counted? If it’s not counted, then how do the schools choose or compare? I’m genuinely losing it right now!

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2019, 10:23:18 pm »
+1

Do they actually not mark my entire Verbal test? Does that mean they give me an average for it or is it just not counted? If it’s not counted, then how do the schools choose or compare? I’m genuinely losing it right now!
Chill, ur stressing too much, it’s not going to get you anywhere.

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2019, 10:26:39 pm »
+1
It may not be counted, that brings your score down. I’ve heard that to get in you have to achieve a certain score on every test/ they add up all your marks and that’s how they get the students. I honestly don’t know though. I’m freaking out as well. It’s been like 3 days but I still feel like I’m in the exam/going to do it. I think you’ll be okay though.

omg theres so many theories on how they mark it. we’ll probably never know for sure
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2019, 10:27:08 pm »
Guys, not to sound cocky or anything, but HOW DID U FIND THE MATHS HARD?!?! I did like 45 for maths and guessed the rest. It WASNT EVEN YEAR 10 MATHS (except for the last questions). I thought numerical was hard af.
Calm down everyone. Different people do differently. If someone found a test you did good at hard, that’s natural. It’s ok to tell everyone how you went and stuff but please just stop forcing your opinions on people. It’s super annoying.  :)
bork

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2019, 10:29:23 pm »
Calm down everyone. Different people do differently. If someone found a test you did good at hard, that’s natural. It’s ok to tell everyone how you went and stuff but please just stop forcing your opinions on people. It’s super annoying.  :)

Yeah you’re right! we all found the difficulty of the tests slightly different. sorry for being annoying. i hate maths with a paSsion
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »
i think a lot of us are freaking out too much. Breathe, guys
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

serendipity17

• Trailblazer
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2019, 10:33:40 pm »
i think a lot of us are freaking out too much. Breathe, guys
yes definitely agreed, myself included

two

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2019, 01:28:14 am »
hey i know this might be a bit late, but good job to u guys for completing the test and i hope all of u make it into your desired schools ! when i sat the test last yr, math was definitely the hardest subject for most ppl and i personally think u shouldn’t worry too much about the test now. keep in mind tho, since basically everyone found math to be quite challenging, the ‘superior’ mark would be lower as ur results r all based off one another (this works the other way around as well :o).

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2019, 08:15:42 pm »
honestly everyone just good job on actually going through the assessment
If you get it congrats because wow but if you dont get in dont be too disheartened maybe it just wasnt meant for you
The fact that you actually care about the exam and your results shows that you guys are dedicated students and will strive in any school
anyways goodluck for the future and hopefully y'all get into the schools you want to <33
(I'm going for macrob)

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:22 pm »
Wait, WHAT?  ??? :-\ :'(

CurryCid18, I just had a similar occurrence today and thought you might want to hear my opinion on this. I had a religion exam today, which is a pretty big deal, it's very strict on rules and stuff. When I was done with the test there was 20 or so minutes to spare and I whispered to a mate behind and the teacher saw and reported me. I was pretty anxious and nervous for the entire day, in anticipation of what was going to happen. But at the end of the day me and the few others that 'cheated' got called to the year 8 coordinator and pretty much just got a warning.

I know that the MHS exam is completely different to this, way stricter and important. But I think from these experiences we can learn to just take it easy, there is no point worrying about something you can't change. At the end, whether or not you get penalized/ let off just learn from your mistakes.

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2019, 06:25:50 pm »
CurryCid18, I just had a similar occurrence today and thought you might want to hear my opinion on this. I had a religion exam today, which is a pretty big deal, it's very strict on rules and stuff. When I was done with the test there was 20 or so minutes to spare and I whispered to a mate behind and the teacher saw and reported me. I was pretty anxious and nervous for the entire day, in anticipation of what was going to happen. But at the end of the day me and the few others that 'cheated' got called to the year 8 coordinator and pretty much just got a warning.

I know that the MHS exam is completely different to this, way stricter and important. But I think from these experiences we can learn to just take it easy, there is no point worrying about something you can't change. At the end, whether or not you get penalized/ let off just learn from your mistakes.

I think you’re right. Maybe I’m overreacting, but the Selective school test means so much to me and I put so much effort. I can’t help but think that I might have not got in just because of that incident. Guess I just sit back and wait now for the next month and a half. Btw, hope you did well on your religion exam.

Idiosyncratic28

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2019, 07:43:12 pm »

Hi Progenitor,

I only have to say ‘ cheat’ in ‘religion exam’ sounds like oxymoron. LOL.

I wish no one cheats any exam !! So that it’s fair for all.

Im sure Progenitor you were not doing anything silly but just had a chat since you finished you exam already by then, so good on you 👍🏼

Good luck to all here.

Ta