Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:37:12 am

Author Topic: quote analysis  (Read 4001 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
quote analysis
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »
can someone tell me what this quote explains? I am trying to look for quotes to backup 'explain the various roles in government of spartan society'
-KgkG-

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: quote analysis
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:32:56 pm »
+1
can someone tell me what this quote explains? I am trying to look for quotes to backup 'explain the various roles in government of spartan society'
Hey,
These are my quotes for the Spartan government:

- [Ephors] “There is a monthly exchange of oaths, ephors acting for the city, a king on his own behalf”-Xenophon
- [Ephors] “Has supreme authority”-Aristotle
- [Gerousia] “The mind, like the body, is subject to old age”-Aristotle.
- [Gerousia] “Whoever was met with the most shouting and the loudest, was the man declared elected”-Plutarch.
- [Ekklesia] Thucydides-votes by acclamation.
- W.G Forrest: “Lykourgos… found 9,000 men could call themselves Spartans and made themselves citizens; he found Kings, a Gerousia and a Demos”
- “For more than 400 years .. they had the same system of government .. a source of internal strength”-Thucydides
- “conceiving a system utterly different from that of most others that showed his country excel in prosperity.”-Xeonphon

If you need any other evidence, I uploaded my detail tables here which includes all of the archeological/written evidence I had (for Pompeii/Herculaneum, Sparta, Agrippina and Julio-Claudians).

Hope this helps!! :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:34:47 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: quote analysis
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:28:04 pm »
Hey,
These are my quotes for the Spartan government:

- [Ephors] “There is a monthly exchange of oaths, ephors acting for the city, a king on his own behalf”-Xenophon
- [Ephors] “Has supreme authority”-Aristotle
- [Gerousia] “The mind, like the body, is subject to old age”-Aristotle.
- [Gerousia] “Whoever was met with the most shouting and the loudest, was the man declared elected”-Plutarch.
- [Ekklesia] Thucydides-votes by acclamation.
- W.G Forrest: “Lykourgos… found 9,000 men could call themselves Spartans and made themselves citizens; he found Kings, a Gerousia and a Demos”
- “For more than 400 years .. they had the same system of government .. a source of internal strength”-Thucydides
- “conceiving a system utterly different from that of most others that showed his country excel in prosperity.”-Xeonphon

If you need any other evidence, I uploaded my detail tables here which includes all of the archeological/written evidence I had (for Pompeii/Herculaneum, Sparta, Agrippina and Julio-Claudians).

Hope this helps!! :)

thankyou soooo much!
-KgkG-