Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:39:25 pm

Author Topic: Akhenaten survey ( refers to AH syllabus 2017)  (Read 970 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Akhenaten survey ( refers to AH syllabus 2017)
« on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:32 pm »
Hey fellow time travellers! ( this is specifically to the lecturers only pls:)
I have just covered the dot point info for the survey ( bcuz it was also homework hehe...) and wanted to know how i could write a possible summary question for it.

Below attached is the layout I used so i guess it will make more sense when reading that.

P.S do attachments become shared to everyone who uses this platform? i want lecturers only to view this pls for private study purposes.

thanks,
Komal:)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:05:41 pm by Kombmail »
-KgkG-

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Akhenaten survey ( refers to AH syllabus 2017)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:07 pm »
+1
Hey!

Would you be able to elaborate on what you mean by summary question?

P.S do attachments become shared to everyone who uses this platform? i want lecturers only to view this pls for private study purposes.

Attachments can only be seen by users so anyone with an AN account can see the attachment. Even though I'm not a lecturer myself, I can assure you that there are users on this platform who are able to help you. Help isn't just limited to the lecturers :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Akhenaten survey ( refers to AH syllabus 2017)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24:57 pm »
Hey!

Would you be able to elaborate on what you mean by summary question?

Attachments can only be seen by users so anyone with an AN account can see the attachment. Even though I'm not a lecturer myself, I can assure you that there are users on this platform who are able to help you. Help isn't just limited to the lecturers :)

by summary question i mean like an overarching question which covers that one section for eg. akhenatens role to prominence? i would use an already templated overarching question of that from my history textbook. But the thing is... there is none for the survey. . . In a way what i mean is a syllabus inquiry question kind of question..

this is an example one i used for SOR2:

+ Syllabus Inquiry Question: Aboriginal spirituality as determined by the Dreaming

+ Syllabus Content Statement:
discuss how Aboriginal spirituality is determined by the Dreaming
- Kinship
- Ceremonial Life
- Obligations to the land and people

summary: Everything in indigenous culture is tied back to the dreaming. Without it, they not only loose their meta - temporal link of the dreaming, they also lose their history, spirituality and identity.

Kinship, is the incredibly complicated relationship of an indigenous individual to their respective tribes. Through kinship, every indigenous individual is taught who their kin are and the extent of land that kin occupies. Elders in the kin, offer knowledge of the dreaming to the younger generations in order to pass on information of the history of the dreaming. Sacred law is also passed down by kinship groups. Sacred law determines the roles and responsibilities of each and every individual of the tribe. Totems are spiritual beings which act as sacred symbol of groups of aboriginal individuals such as family and tribes. For example, the darug people have a sacred symbol of a goanna. Totems are seen as embodiments of spiritual ancestors, they are seen as descendants of spirit animals from the dreamtime. Thus, totems become sacred to kin. Sacredness further helps the tribe unite to the dreaming. Not only do groups specifically hold totems, individuals hold separate totems too, to which they must have a deep spiritual meaning towards and is seen as the embodiment of spiritual ancestors. It is known to the individual totem holder that they must carry out the existence of the spirit to prevail.

Ceremonial life is another aspect of aboriginal spirituality which is determined by the dreaming. Ceremonies recreate eternal moments of the dreaming, thus allowing participants to connect to their ancestors. This is seen in the example of male initiation ceremonies. Males need to be tough enough to undergo pain and be obedient enough to be passed down knowledge of the dreaming. Obedience must be carried out for him to in future, be able to do the same with younger generations to come. From this he is able to learn totemic dances and chants, thus he becomes able to connect with the dreaming at a deeper context.

Obligations to the land and its people can also be discussed in reference to the connection to the dreaming. Sacred sites are specified to Uluru, specific reserves and parks. In the example of Uluru, it is a sacred site rightfully owned by the Anangu people. It is disrespectful to climb Uluru. This can imply that the indigenous individuals have a special link to this sacred site. Aboriginal people believe that the lands were formed by their mother ( seen as land) of the dreamtime. The lands provide all to the aboriginal people, and thus, the care the land gives is seen as a responsibility for the aboriginal people to also provide and take care of their motherland. If they are not able to do so, or even perform sacred ceremonies, the land cannot renew itself and causes natural disasters to occur.

In conclusion, the aspects of the aboriginal spirituality known as kinship, ceremonial life and the obligations to the land and its people are all similarly explicit to the connections of dreamtime history, indigenous identity and land. Therefore, the connections to history, indigenous identity and land all connect to spirit ancestors altogether becoming one in being determined by the dreaming.

-KgkG-