Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:19:49 pm

Author Topic: Procrastination Things For HSC Teens  (Read 3717 times)

hi.itsjessi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
Procrastination Things For HSC Teens
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:55:16 am »
+21
90% of you guys would have experienced this major problem we know as procrastinating; and as a master of procrastination myself, it's actually one of the worst things to have ever come into existence.

Picture it: you have an exam in a month but the idea of sitting down and actually studying is more agonising than stepping on a lego, and so, you find any excuse to do anything BUT study. Before you know it, your exam is in 2 days and now you're stressing out, screaming internally and wondering where all the time has gone, but let's face it, you're more angry at the fact that you did this to yourself. Then the cycle repeats...

BUT FEAR NOT. If I can find a way around this this problem, hopefully I can help you do the same, so here are a few tips!

1. Surround yourself with aspects you actually love about a subject. In my case, I chose both STEM (Maths, Bio, Chem) and CAPA (Visual Arts, Drama) because I genuinely enjoy these subjects as atypical as this combination may be. (except for math, I'm terrible math to be completely honest) If you can make the hard things that you are forced to do enjoyable by focusing on the things you like, 100% everything will be so much easier and you'll also find that more time will be invested into it. In my case with math, as much as I hate it, I quite enjoy the calculus/ integration topics- and that's something I look forward to doing when attempting past papers!

2. Take a step back and remind yourself why you're studying in the first place. Why are you here? Why are you studying? What are you working towards? Why do you want that career? For whatever reason that it, constantly surround yourself with it and keep it close to you. In my case, I want to become a dermatologist because I am driven by a strong desire to help people. I'm paying the price of today so that I have the possibility to buy a better future, but most of all, I'm working hard for my parents; both who have sacrificed their dreams so that mine could become a reality. Do not forget why you started this to begin with! and keep those reasons with you

3. Surround yourself with motivational sources and involve yourself in things that will get you up and running i.e music, sports, etc. Small but consistent amounts of motivation is what we're trying to achieve :)

4. Develop a tolerance for the subjects you hate the most. What I found with myself was that when I forced myself to sit and study for said topic for a few minutes, I wouldn't want to break out of my work flow and I'll continue doing my work! That's how i basically learned to work through my procrastination problem

With less than 200 days left until HSC, we can not afford to give up now! It is at this point in time where people tend to start burning out, but it is also now where we need to try harder than ever. We're all in this together and I'm behind you 100% of the way.

Good luck guys! I wish for you nothing but the best  ;D

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
Re: Procrastination Things For HSC Teens
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:22:25 am »
I am going to study tomorrow.
Thank you :))
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

JTrudeau

• Trendsetter
  • Master of the Meeses
  • Respect: +90
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 07:44:03 am »
This was such a delight to read, and so incredibly helpful! Thank you for taking the time to share this! :D

And with that, I’m going to go actually do my work...
Data Science, Finance || University of Sydney
== First in State for Software Design and Development 2017 ==
Advanced English | Maths Extension 1 | Maths Extension 2 | Economics | Software Design & Development | Chemistry

andrewe2018

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:40:29 pm »
+1
As someone who is currently suffering from procrastination issues, this is really motivating! Thankyou  ;D

anf111

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:28:48 pm »
+1
Thanks so much for this!! I already feel motivated

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:16 pm »
Dear hi.itsjessie,

Thank you so much for this article! It was very cool of you to write it for us (class of 2018*!!!  ;)
and I totally agree with you.

the reason you're doing this is actually the same reason i'm doing mine. to help others, for my parents and lastly, for myself.

haha I had to learn to tolerate maths too (jinx)! I found getting a nice tutor was really good as we could talk through my problems together without me going it alone  ;D now I actually like maths (kinda….English is still the best) ::)

i'm not giving up yet. this is my last year! but it's kind of ironic i'm procrastinating by reading this...ok bye now! ;D

lots of thankfulness and virtual hugs,
LochNess

p.s those of you who struggle with maths (trust me, i've been there) if you get a tutor, i can guarantee you won't regret it
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats