Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:15:21 am

Author Topic: UAC Question Thread  (Read 110496 times)  Share 

Jane20

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: UAC Question Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2018, 01:19:28 pm »
Hi guys
This maybe an irrelevant question but can i ask when does the Orientation week usually start in Uni ?
I want to book a ticket for my holiday but dont know when should i come back for uni.
Thanks a lot guys.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2018, 05:48:24 pm »
+1
Hi guys
This maybe an irrelevant question but can i ask when does the Orientation week usually start in Uni ?
I want to book a ticket for my holiday but dont know when should i come back for uni.
Thanks a lot guys.

Hey!! ;D

If you Google, [INSERT UNI] 2019 Academic Calendar, that should bring up what you need! It does vary a bit depending on whether that particular university has implemented trimesters or not - UNSW starts in mid-Feb and I think UTS is the same, I'd imagine USYD starts later with WSU. So it depends :)

Oh, and remember O-Week isn't compulsory! But most people go their first year I'd say ;D

olliesfield

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 12:00:45 pm »

Hey Everyone,

Tried asking this somewhere else but didn't get answered, will try here.

I recently finished school in 2017 and am at university studying at UTS, However, the uni or course is not right for me and i would like to withdraw and go to Sydney Uni starting next year doing something else.

I will be considered a non year 12 applicant and will have to lodge a new application through UAC, so will get a different number.

Will my ATAR still be considered? how will the uni see my ATAR if i have a new application number?

This has all been a big mess and am making sure my atar will be considered as i have met and exceeded the ATAR required for the course I am thinking of doing.

Thanks, Ollie

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 12:08:02 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I recently finished school in 2017 and am at university studying at UTS, However, the uni or course is not right for me and i would like to withdraw and go to Sydney Uni starting next year doing something else.

I will be considered a non year 12 applicant and will have to lodge a new application through UAC, so will get a different number.

Will my ATAR still be considered? how will the uni see my ATAR if i have a new application number?

This has all been a big mess and am making sure my atar will be considered as i have met and exceeded the ATAR required for the course I am thinking of doing.

Thanks, Ollie

Jamon might take over for me in case I say something wrong, but are you sure you get a different number? The ATAR is set to last you two years so technically speaking you should still be allowed to use that for one more year. (But having said that, getting a new UAC number may lead to consequences with the ATAR you got in 2017.)

(Which means, technically speaking, you should still be able to apply through your old number.)

Also, the universities will look at whatever's higher between your ATAR and your first year GPA. So if your GPA ends up being low but you still satisfied the requirements ATAR-wise, USyd will let you in.

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2018, 12:10:57 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Thanks, Ollie

Hi there!

https://sydney.edu.au/study/admissions/pathways-to-study/changing-universities.html
Your university results will only be considered if you have completed at least one full-time year or equivalent a single university course.

IF you want to transfer to USYD. Your application  will be assessed on your ATAR or university results, depending on which one is better (in 1st year). Your Uni marks will only be considered as the default after first year.

So your ATAR will be considered!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2018, 07:57:26 pm »
Hey guys,
Just a question on the payment for UAC: so after I've paid the fee, would I still be able to change my preferences?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2018, 08:01:58 pm »
Hey guys,
Just a question on the payment for UAC: so after I've paid the fee, would I still be able to change my preferences?
Yep. You can keep changing them as much as you want before the cut off dates.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

envisagator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »
Hi guys, I didnt realise yesterday was the last day to change preferences, unfortunately, I wanted to change a few. It says that after august 30 there is a first round offer, wat are these offers for, and am I able to change my preferences now or do i have to wait till HSC??
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »
+2
Hi guys, I didnt realise yesterday was the last day to change preferences, unfortunately, I wanted to change a few. It says that after august 30 there is a first round offer, wat are these offers for, and am I able to change my preferences now or do i have to wait till HSC??

Hi!

If I'm not mistaken, you have until just after your ATAR is released to change your preferences (like 2-3 days from memory). The offers you're going for are the ones in December round 2, so you have plenty of time to change. :-)

I hope I'm right lol I'm answering from memory
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2018, 11:32:53 pm »
Hi!

If I'm not mistaken, you have until just after your ATAR is released to change your preferences (like 2-3 days from memory). The offers you're going for are the ones in December round 2, so you have plenty of time to change. :-)

I hope I'm right lol I'm answering from memory

You are correct! envisagator, it was the last day to change preferences for this round, and not many people get offers now. It's early entry sort of stuff. Most of them come out in December, and as FB3 suggests, you've got ages to make up your mind for those :)

envisagator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2018, 11:47:05 pm »
You are correct! envisagator, it was the last day to change preferences for this round, and not many people get offers now. It's early entry sort of stuff. Most of them come out in December, and as FB3 suggests, you've got ages to make up your mind for those :)
So I cant change any of any preferences until I get my atar?, ahhh
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2018, 11:54:42 pm »
+1
So I cant change any of any preferences until I get my atar?, ahhh

No no, sorry I wasn't clear, you can change them pretty much until like the week before, aha. Unless you are getting early offers, you can change your preferences as much as you want until a few days beforel the offer round you care about (which for you is probably in December) :)

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:31 am »
Hey!
What happens if you don't get your first five preferences? Does UAC contact you or do you have to reshuffle your preferences yourself?
Also if you don't get in via first round offers, how do you know if you've a chance of getting in via round 2?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:20 pm »
+3
Hey!
What happens if you don't get your first five preferences? Does UAC contact you or do you have to reshuffle your preferences yourself?
Also if you don't get in via first round offers, how do you know if you've a chance of getting in via round 2?

Hey! If you don't get an offer out of your preferences, UAC contacts you to advise you to reshuffle your preferences around. I think it is something you have to do yourself though :)

You are always a chance of getting an offer in Round 2. Like, that's the way it works - Places open up. There's no way of knowing whether those increased chances will give you a place, so you've got to roll with it a little bit. Remember there are more than just the two rounds, there's a few - Plenty of time to wait for places in certain preferences and shuffle others around, or whatever you need to do :)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2018, 08:01:52 pm »
Is there any difference in which equity scholarship use family tax benefit vs predicted youth allowance criteria? Because my mum is being difficult about giving me a centerlink statement for family tax benefit and I don't know if it's worth having another fight over or whether I should just use the predicted youth allowance one.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra