Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:36 am

Author Topic: advice for methods pls (im a lil bit worried)  (Read 1356 times)  Share 

pans

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
advice for methods pls (im a lil bit worried)
« on: April 10, 2021, 08:44:16 pm »
Hey,
Doin 3/4 meth this yr and having 1st sac in 1 month time. Honestly, im rly scared ill get bad (and when i mean bad I mean not rank top 10 in my cohort cuz I REALLY WANT TO DO GOOD IN METHODS) but I believe i dont have the brain to do so. I slacked of for term1 and literally did not do work for a solid 2 weeks (still havent caught up yet).

I go to 2 methods tuition (honestly, only 1 helps. the other just has good exam questions thats all). And bare in mind, im actually  bad at maths (i got 39% on one sac last year.. yes --->tho did not study and crammed all unit 2 in 3 days).

So... I am worried that I may get bad on my first sac. I only have one month to prepare WHICH I THINK IS NOT ENOUGH TIME BECAUSE I BASICALLY GAVE UP TERM 1 MEANING THAT I HAVE TO CATCH UP ON TERM 1.

sigh... 1 more month.. just 4 more weeks.... just 28 more days...... NOT    E N O U G H    for me

MoonChild1234

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Re: advice for methods pls (im a lil bit worried)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 10:44:50 pm »
+3
hey pans!

i get how you feel because i remember freaking out last year a month before my methods sac as well

don't stress, because a month is plenty of time. what i found worked for me was to make a HUGE list of every single thing i wanted to get done (prac sacs, vcaa questions, textbook questions) and then i would print out whatever i could and place it in a pile next to my desk. every day i would complete some of this until i was confident in all question types.

i would keep a record of common mistakes, and maybe start untimed so you can gauge where you are.

i completely get how you feel, but keep in mind that your hard work HAS to pay off! don't worry about where you will rank and focus on putting in the hard work and it will all turn out as you hope :)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: advice for methods pls (im a lil bit worried)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 11:59:23 am »
Look methods caused a lot of stress for me last year, I failed a few test and just gave up from there. But trust me it is not over, I know people who scored 30% on their first test and by the end of the year they were on 80's. I know it looks dim, but just keep working hard a month is plenty of time to catch up.