QCE Stuff > Queensland Education Discussion

Six new QCE subjects on the cards!

(1/2) > >>

vox nihili:
With OPs being phased out for ATARs, QCAA has decided to introduce five new subjects this year, with the potential addition of a sixth next year.

The new subjects are:

-Design
-Engineering
-Food and Nutrition
-Literature
-Psychology

The other potential subject for 2020 is:

-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural studies

What are your thoughts? A lot of these subjects already exist interstate; psychology in particular is super popular around the country.

Lear:
I’m really surprised to learn that they weren’t available before. Pretty much all of those subjects are excellent. I’m intrigued about Engineering though. Seems like quite a broad subject.

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: Lear on January 28, 2019, 12:11:43 pm ---I’m really surprised to learn that they weren’t available before. Pretty much all of those subjects are excellent. I’m intrigued about Engineering though. Seems like quite a broad subject.

--- End quote ---
If you're interested here's the HSC version.

I'll link this as well but I wouldn't have a clue if it were up to date

Twisty314:

--- Quote ---What are your thoughts? A lot of these subjects already exist interstate; psychology in particular is super popular around the country.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Lear. I don't go to a particularly big school in QLD (very small, actually), but for our year 11 subject choices this year they've added Design, in replacement of ITS. I don't know why QCAA wouldn't have Engineering and Psychology before the switch to ATAR.  ???  Both would be very interesting to me!

Here's a link I found for a complete list of subjects in the new syllabus https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/senior/senior-subjects

vox nihili:

--- Quote from: Twisty314 on January 28, 2019, 01:20:32 pm ---I agree with Lear. I don't go to a particularly big school in QLD (very small, actually), but for our year 11 subject choices this year they've added Design, in replacement of ITS. I don't know why QCAA wouldn't have Engineering and Psychology before the switch to ATAR.  ???  Both would be very interesting to me!

Here's a link I found for a complete list of subjects in the new syllabus https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/senior/senior-subjects

--- End quote ---

The lack of languages in this list is really surprising. In Victoria and NSW there is an almost obscene number of languages you can study, often with only a handful of students studying the subject.

What subjects are popular in QLD though? Beyond your maths, English and sciences?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version