Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:44:52 am

Author Topic: Any tips on Year 10-11 Nossal High School entry exam?  (Read 19715 times)  Share 

deerlinas

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Any tips on Year 10-11 Nossal High School entry exam?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:31 pm »
How was the test for all of you ? :)
For me, the writing pieces and the maths test was hard for me. Reading Comprehension and Verbal was okay.
I guessed mostly C's for maths and numerical because I didn't have enough time.
For Reading Comprehension I was running out of time so I read the questions where you have to read the text first to last.
Verbal Reasoning was alright, I drew a diagram at the back of the sheets for those questions like 'all mifs are rifs' etc
For analytical, I don't want to even talk about it ohgod that was the most horrible piece I've ever done.
I'm not that confident, but I'm just hoping I get in ^^

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
  • School: John Monash Science School
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »
How was the test for all of you ? :)
For me, the writing pieces and the maths test was hard for me. Reading Comprehension and Verbal was okay.
I guessed mostly C's for maths and numerical because I didn't have enough time.
For Reading Comprehension I was running out of time so I read the questions where you have to read the text first to last.
Verbal Reasoning was alright, I drew a diagram at the back of the sheets for those questions like 'all mifs are rifs' etc
For analytical, I don't want to even talk about it ohgod that was the most horrible piece I've ever done.
I'm not that confident, but I'm just hoping I get in ^^
Well, I messed up the creative writing real bad. I didn't know what converse meant and I heard tonnes of people asking the examiners what it meant but they said that they were not allowed to tell. I should have knew converse came from "conversation", but meh, I guess it was the nerves. I though it meant "interact". I ended up writing about this guy that was running from the cops and walls and objects were able to move and interact (not talk) with him. Probs gonna get like below average for that!  :'( :-[
The numerical, maths and verbal were quite easy, i found. Still guessed about 5 for each and maybe 10 for maths. Analytical writing was good I guess. I managed to finish with intro, 2 body, rebuttal and conclusion.
Reading comprehension, i guessed about 20.  :-[ :-[

How many did you guys guess and how did you go?
:D

deerlinas

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »
Do any of you know when we're getting our results ?

Asteriskkk

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »
Do any of you know when we're getting our results ?
Maybe August, and theres late offers until December 3rd