Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:41:42 pm

Author Topic: Questions about 3/4 English language  (Read 1443 times)  Share 

jollyboat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Questions about 3/4 English language
« on: January 22, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »
Hi, I'm going into 3/4 English language and I was unsure about a few of things...

I wondering how recent the contemporary examples we use in our essays have to be? I've heard different answers – 2019 only, or post-2018 exam, or all of 2018 and 2019.

Also, I was wondering about whether anyone has any opinions on the atar notes englang book? Worth getting?

And I was wondering which companies do englang practice exams, and if anybody knows how you can get them?

Thanks so much for any replies :)

cookiedream

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +410
Re: Questions about 3/4 English language
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:21:47 pm »
+2
Hi, I'm going into 3/4 English language and I was unsure about a few of things...

I wondering how recent the contemporary examples we use in our essays have to be? I've heard different answers – 2019 only, or post-2018 exam, or all of 2018 and 2019.

Also, I was wondering about whether anyone has any opinions on the atar notes englang book? Worth getting?

And I was wondering which companies do englang practice exams, and if anybody knows how you can get them?

Thanks so much for any replies :)

Hello!

All of 2018 and 2019 should be fine, namely for the exam, but check with your teacher (who's going to mark your SACs) to see what they prefer.

The ATARNotes book is pretty good! It's pretty concise too, so I'd recommend getting it.

As far as I remember, there's Insight, Engage Wiki, TSSM, Boobook and VATE. Most of these are highly likely to be provided to you by your teacher during exam revision time, otherwise you would need to buy them for yourself (except the Engage Wiki exams are free!). But your first priority should be the VCAA practice exams, since these other preparation companies can sometimes have really dodgy questions (and sample answers!). I recommend that if you do a practice piece from another company, that you should not only look at their sample answers, but also bring it up to your teacher for their own advice and to check the validity of the sample answers too.

Good luck for Eng Lang 3/4! Great choice btw ;D

- cookiedream
VCE: (click the links below to view my guides)
2016: Methods [44], Psych [48]
2017: Bio [50], Eng Lang, Chem, Spec
ATAR: 99.75 | UMAT: 88th
2018-2022: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ Monash University

! No longer offering tutoring !

jollyboat

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:09:31 am »
Thanks for the answers!

Choco99

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:24:02 am »
Hey! I was wondering where we can find essay questions to practice for English Language.
Thank you!  :)

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 07:29:27 am »
+1
Hey! I was wondering where we can find essay questions to practice for English Language.
Thank you!  :)
Have a look through here and practise on some of the prompts given there. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread