Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:13:26 am

Author Topic: Stormbreaker's VCE journal  (Read 35459 times)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
Re: Stormbreaker's VCE journal
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2021, 10:09:58 pm »
+2
It is the time where I update you guys again:
Economics: Now I am on my 6th practice exam this subject is my most confident subject by far, I also asked my teacher what study score she thinks I will get and good news if I continue to work this hard and score the scores that I get I am looking at a potential study score of 40+ which means I am over the moon  :)

I just hope that VCAA can see my teacher gives us really hard SACs and scale mine up at the end of the year.

Biology: So far we are doing immunity and it is going well, unfortunately the previous topic did not go well which was the stimulus response model, how the cells communicate, signal transduction and apoptosis (I scored 36% on the SAC). Still pretty upset over it since the first SAC was way harder and I passed it, it was on pretty much everything from term 1. The SAC I failed was legit 2 weeks worth of content. Oh well this is only 4% of my study score it can only go up from there. I am keeping a positive mindset.

Chemistry: First SAC didn't go too well either, I did not pass it and I hope to pass the upcoming SAC. Honestly I regret doing this subject, I should have dropped it ages ago. Terrible choice, I guess choosing subjects for scaling does have its downside after all.

Further math: Going pretty well, I smashing this subjects so far, I hope to score decently high in this subject.

English: I scored my cohort average which was disappointing since I thought I did good. *We didn't actually get our marks for Station Eleven just some feedbacks with indicators of our marks.

That's all folks thanks for reading and enjoy your day.  :)

Hey stormbreaker,

Since you updated on your progress. I might just update too.

Biology: my first SAC was a complete flop. Got below the class average. Which is a bit worrying considering that this is a year 12 SAC. I'm hoping to better next time round as the next SAC is one and a half weeks.

Chemistry: doing ok. I could do better, its just I'm still coping to the demands of VCE, even though this is my second year in it. My chem SAC is tmr.

Methods: I don't have any SACs for methods in this semester. Thank goodness. Kinda worried for my upcoming exam tho.

Spesh: I'm doing a SAC on thursday. I've been barely studying to honest.

eng lang: my oral presentation is next week. I've been working on that. I hope I get decent score for this.

Vietnamese: I've done 2 SACs so far, but my teacher still haven't given the marks yet. The teacher said no one failed in the first SAC, so thats a good thing I guess??

religion and society: doing a sac this week. The SAC has been divided into 2 parts and just did the first part on today.

that's all I have to say, I'll update you further.

beep boop over and out.
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2021, 07:06:49 pm »
+3
Good news for all :)
I got my economic practice paper back I got 91%, I hope you guys can wish me luck for my real economic SAC tomorrow :)
I am aiming for 95%-100% if I can get it.
My plans for once I finish year 12 is assuming I score high enough I plan to join the Regional Eduction Support Network (RESN) and support student who need it most. It is time we close the gap.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:18:34 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2021, 09:30:58 pm »
Almost forgot this, but I actually did a total of 8 economics practice exam so I feel like I am ready for anything.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2021, 07:42:20 pm »
+1
Update time:
Chemistry: SAC tomorrow and so far have not studied for it, I lost all motivation to soooooo bye bye study score of 25.
Further math: Going fine we are doing some financial stuff right now and I don't feel like it is too hard, so I guess I can still score decent in this subject.
Biology: IMMUNOLOGY IS MY FAVOURITE TOPIC, I love this subject now. I am not going to let one bad score stop me.
English: I am doing article analysis and so far it has been pretty easy, I hope to score well on this one.
Economics: Just finished the SAC and I think I aced it, but I will have to wait till marks come out and I will inform you guys on whether or not I could potentially still get a study score of 40 or above raw.

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2021, 01:17:55 pm »
+1
Economics: Just finished the SAC and I think I aced it, but I will have to wait till marks come out and I will inform you guys on whether or not I could potentially still get a study score of 40 or above raw.

Even if you don't get the score you really want, the exam will be the place to shine! You've got this! Love your passion for economics ;D
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2021, 12:13:34 pm »
Even if you don't get the score you really want, the exam will be the place to shine! You've got this! Love your passion for economics ;D
Thank you. I agree I will keep my eyes on that A+ for my end of year exam :)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »
+2
Update:
English: Currently doing article analysis and so far it is going great.
Economics: Still got a bit to do, we have our SAC on 21/06/2021 so quite a while left, but if you know me well I plan to go ahead. I got to make notes for the balance of payments, which I barely started going and then I gotta start cracking practice exams.
Biology: SAC date has changed so I got a while left, but still gotta study hard.
Further math: We are currently doing financial math and so far it seems to be going fine.
Chemistry: Yup didn't go too well as I expected, oh well you live to learn.
I am actually starting to like this remote learning thing, it isn't that bad.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2021, 08:54:51 pm »
+1
Today I had a further math SAC and I believe that it went alright, I think I got a few questions wrong, but oh well. In fact this week I have 2 more SACs to go so wish me well guys :)
Our teachers submitted our S and N for the unit now and I easily got S for all of my subjects, but I am not so sure about my SAC marks as a few of my SACs where pretty unimpressive. I just hope I can redeem myself enough to get a 30+ although I can't be too sure.

_jen_012.x

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2021, 01:20:06 pm »
+1
Just had our economics SAC! Honestly don't like how the study design still has all the factors influencing a CAD. We aren't even in a CAD!!! Good news for next year kids is its changing.
class of 21’

subjects: glopol (2020) english economics philosophy further

CorkedBoard

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2021, 04:38:49 pm »
+1
Damn, I just had mine today too! It honestly wasn’t too bad (multiple choice was pretty straight forward) but I feel like I might lose 1-2 marks on the extended response section :(

Just wondering, how hard does your school make the sacs?
2017: Select entry EduTest

2020: Further Mathematics [39]

2021: Methods, Physics, English Language, Economics, Legal Studies

My VCE journey journal!

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2021, 05:57:45 pm »
+4
Stormbreaker, should you change the name to 'Everyone's VCE journal'? :P
(I hope everyone reading this can take the joke.) :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2021, 04:54:12 pm »
Just had our economics SAC! Honestly don't like how the study design still has all the factors influencing a CAD. We aren't even in a CAD!!! Good news for next year kids is its changing.
I hope it went well for you :)

Damn, I just had mine today too! It honestly wasn’t too bad (multiple choice was pretty straight forward) but I feel like I might lose 1-2 marks on the extended response section :(

Just wondering, how hard does your school make the sacs?
My school makes the SACs reasonably hard, roughly equivalent to how hard VCAA makes theres.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2021, 04:54:45 pm »
+1
Stormbreaker, should you change the name to 'Everyone's VCE journal'? :P
(I hope everyone reading this can take the joke.) :)
:)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2021, 03:19:48 pm »
+4
Update:
So far feeling sick I am have been absent from school for a few days now, I just hope I feel well enough to sit my SACs and do well in it.
Economics: Sac marks are back folks and I scored 87% which is terrible as I did worse than last time. Unit 4 was officially started too.
Chemistry: Got a SAC tomorrow and feel very unprepared, I guess I gotta cram in as much as I can.
Biology: I got another SAC coming up which is unit 4 biology SAC and I think for this subject I feel a lot more prepared.
English: Got a SAC next week and also starting oral presentations, luckily I am not a shy person or else I am screwed.
Further math: Nothing on at the moment except the further math SAC I had last week which I quite frankly think I messed up BIG TIME. :'(
Oh well as I always say you live to learn

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2021, 06:42:06 pm »
+4
So I think I worked out my rankings for economics:
The highest mark was 28/30, I scored 26/30 and this other guy scored the same. I scored the highest in my class :) but the highest in the year level beat me my 2 marks. I guess assuming that no one scored 27/30 I would be tied for rank 2.