Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:45:29 pm

Poll

Would you actively participate in training to help you run community projects?

Yes and I'm in year 9 or 10
2 (66.7%)
Yes and I'm in year 11 or 12
1 (33.3%)
Yes and I'm in uni
0 (0%)
Yes and I don't fit in the other groups
0 (0%)
No and I'm in year 9 or 10
0 (0%)
No and I'm in year 11 or 12
0 (0%)
No and I'm in uni
0 (0%)
No and I don't fit in the other groups
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Community project training?  (Read 4172 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Community project training?
« on: October 11, 2019, 01:26:38 pm »
+6
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about running a series of online workshops to help students learn how to design and implement projects/changes in their community. This could be inside or outside of school, but the idea would be that I help equip you with skills you need and give you insight from my experiences. I wouldn't be able to run this now as I don't have enough time atm; right now I'm just looking to gauge the level of interest and see if this is something you'd be interested in :)

So you have an idea of my experience:
role/program breakdown
Grade 5: presented a mural & speech at opening of local kindergarten highlighting importance of preserving local native grasslands for future generations; junior school council (talking at assemblies, helping w/ event organisation etc.); leadership conference attendance; tree planting volunteering
Grade 6: school captain (running assemblies, helping run & plan events etc.); volunteering making toys for bushfire affected primary schools
Year 7 onwards: student voice/student representative council (speaking at assemblies, input into school masterplan, changing uniform, training younger student reps, school council attendance etc.)
Year 9: Alpine school for student leadership
Year 10 onwards: Youth council (giving advice to local council, running youth awards & grants night, part of panel deciding entrance into local youth leadership programs etc.); on Unit Council of local venturer scout unit (organising & running events, determining schedule for the year, approving work etc.)
Year 12: Rotary youth leadership award (week long camp to develop existing 18-25 y/o leaders)
Uni: my course in general :P, being on a uni society committee, in first year mentor to disadvantaged yr 9&10 students getting them to run community programs, in 2nd year mentor on 1st year camp for my course

Point being, I have bits of experience with a few different styles of leadership development programs that I could potentially tap into to help you out :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Community project training?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:44:52 pm »
+1
I only just saw this, but I think it is a fantastic idea and I would totally be keen!! ;D