Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:19:09 am

Author Topic: whys' VCE journal  (Read 80610 times)

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Re: The Adventures of VCE | whys' journal
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2019, 01:20:57 pm »
+3
I made this post to say:
HAPPY DIWALI EVERYONE! ❤︎

Happy Diwali to you to!  🥳
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2019, 12:55:57 pm »
+9
Gosh. rant ahead, sorry

I just don’t know where to start. My first VCAA exam?! gone horribly wrong...
i never thought it would ever end up like this but now it looks like I’m going to end up with a study score much lower than i expected and wanted and i can’t believe i was stupid enough to think I could ever get above 40?? The exam was so much harder than any of the practice exams I’ve done and I doubt I even got above 70%... the more I think about it the more it feels like I got everything wrong and all that work throughout the year to end up at one exam that I just know I did horribly in,,, I can’t believe I’d end up like this and I just don’t see the point anymore. I never thought the exam would be like this slkdjjfjskkd

The extended response was so generalised and I’d be lucky to even get a 5/10 for that... not to mention the multiple choice was really hard and i’d never seen questions like it before. some of the options seemed like they were both right and i just didn’t know which one to pick and i cant believe i could mess up this badly and i feel like i’ve let myself and everyone around me down and that’s my biggest fear of all

i can’t believe it would all end up like this i feel useless
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2019, 12:58:31 pm »
+7
Gosh. rant ahead, sorry

The extended response was so generalised and I’d be lucky to even get a 5/10 for that... not to mention the multiple choice was really hard and i’d never seen questions like it before. some of the options seemed like they were both right and i just didn’t know which one to pick and i cant believe i could mess up this badly and i feel like i’ve let myself and everyone around me down and that’s my biggest fear of all

I genuinely feel the same way.
But hey you've done your best, it's important to learn from this.

Edit: Don't feel useless. You're a whole world away from being useless.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:00:16 pm by Ionic Doc »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2019, 06:53:43 am »
+6
As hard as it was, I'm sure yu did your best. And no matter what score you get, the skills you learnt by doing a 3/4 early will be super valuable next year.

And like IonicDoc said, you're a whole world away from being useless.

<3 <3

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »
+5
Gosh. rant ahead, sorry

I just don’t know where to start. My first VCAA exam?! gone horribly wrong...
i never thought it would ever end up like this but now it looks like I’m going to end up with a study score much lower than i expected and wanted and i can’t believe i was stupid enough to think I could ever get above 40?? The exam was so much harder than any of the practice exams I’ve done and I doubt I even got above 70%... the more I think about it the more it feels like I got everything wrong and all that work throughout the year to end up at one exam that I just know I did horribly in,,, I can’t believe I’d end up like this and I just don’t see the point anymore. I never thought the exam would be like this slkdjjfjskkd

Think about it this way, everyone in the state found the exam hard. Even though I was super negative and disappointed about all the hard work that was wasted, realistically there's still a very good chance you'll get a score above 40 because literally everyone I've talked to so far found that exam hard, meaning the score you need for a 40 may be significantly below what you usually need. Even if not, as laura and doc said, you got an entire year ahead of you!!!! As one of my mates loves saying, chin up, you still got another exam to go :). Good luck
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2019, 02:49:44 pm »
+5
Gosh. rant ahead, sorry

I just don't know where to start. My first VCAA exam?! gone horribly wrong...
i never thought it would ever end up like this but now it looks like I'm going to end up with a study score much lower than i expected and wanted and i can’t believe i was stupid enough to think I could ever get above 40?? The exam was so much harder than any of the practice exams I’ve done and I doubt I even got above 70%... the more I think about it the more it feels like I got everything wrong and all that work throughout the year to end up at one exam that I just know I did horribly in,,, I can’t believe I’d end up like this and I just don’t see the point anymore. I never thought the exam would be like this slkdjjfjskkd

The extended response was so generalised and I'd be lucky to even get a 5/10 for that... not to mention the multiple choice was really hard and i'd never seen questions like it before. some of the options seemed like they were both right and i just didn't know which one to pick and i cant believe i could mess up this badly and i feel like i've let myself and everyone around me down and that's my biggest fear of all

i can't believe it would all end up like this i feel useless

Nothing to apologise for - you're allowed to feel strongly about your exam. It sucks to go through that but it If you do end up with a score you aren't happy with it doesn't make you foolish for not knowing that would be the case - predicting scores is always hard. More than that, screwing up one test doesn't define your intelligence, usefulness or future performance. The more you think about it the easier it is for you to misremember your performance, misremember the questions & integrate your feelings of confusion and stress into the memory. It's hard to push forwards and distract yourself but for the next few weeks that's your best option.

Best of luck

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2019, 09:53:04 am »
+6
Thanks everyone for your comments, I feel a little better.
psych [50] bio [50]

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2019, 10:56:54 am »
+1
Are you doing anything fun with your long weekend? ;D

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2019, 08:42:16 am »
+1
Are you doing anything fun with your long weekend? ;D

Nah, not really. I've been really sick this week so I've just been in bed. What about you?
psych [50] bio [50]

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2019, 08:45:34 am »
+5
Nah, not really. I've been really sick this week so I've just been in bed. What about you?
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :'( Are you busy at school this week or do you think you might take some more time off?

I've been doing a lot of study and a lot of reading. Our exams start next week so Wednesday to Friday are assessment hell. (Coupled with coaching junior debaters who are speaking on Wednesday night, a communnity project I'm involved in with a Saturday deadline and a drama performance I'm involved in on Sunday.)

I've also been stress baking which has included raspberry brownies, lemon teacakes and choc chip cookies. Thankfully my family has gone to see friends for lunch/dinner a couple of times over the long weekend so we could give it all away before we consumed them all.

I got up early to study today, but I'll go to the city this afternoon to meet some friends. ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:47:15 am by laura_ »

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2019, 08:03:28 pm »
+3
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :'( Are you busy at school this week or do you think you might take some more time off?

I've been doing a lot of study and a lot of reading. Our exams start next week so Wednesday to Friday are assessment hell. (Coupled with coaching junior debaters who are speaking on Wednesday night, a communnity project I'm involved in with a Saturday deadline and a drama performance I'm involved in on Sunday.)

I've also been stress baking which has included raspberry brownies, lemon teacakes and choc chip cookies. Thankfully my family has gone to see friends for lunch/dinner a couple of times over the long weekend so we could give it all away before we consumed them all.

I got up early to study today, but I'll go to the city this afternoon to meet some friends. ;D

Good luck for your exams!
I can't afford to take any more days off, I basically took all of last week and the week before off.
And that sounds yummy, I love choc chip cookies!
Hope you had fun at the city!
psych [50] bio [50]

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2019, 10:57:07 pm »
+3
That sucks that you were sick this past week, definitely bad timing! I hope you feel better! The weather at the moment probably isn't helping that much either.

Do you feel prepared for food studies next week? Done many practice exams?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2019, 05:33:05 pm »
+5
That sucks that you were sick this past week, definitely bad timing! I hope you feel better! The weather at the moment probably isn't helping that much either.

Do you feel prepared for food studies next week? Done many practice exams?

No I don't feel prepared at all and I'm cramming everything right this moment. No, I have not started practice exams - I guess it's time to die!
I wish I could have dont practice exams over the long weekend, but I was, as you know, sick. Luckily I'm no longer sick, just in time for my exam! I hope the exam this year is easy haha :(
psych [50] bio [50]

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2019, 06:41:19 pm »
+3
Yay, no more exams (3/4s) for the year! Sooo, how was food studies?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2019, 10:19:32 pm »
+4
Yay, no more exams (3/4s) for the year! Sooo, how was food studies?

AHHHH YES i just went home and played video games after my exam before going to St. john haha. In all honesty it was alright, there was this one mark short answer question I didn’t really know the answer to so I guessed. Other than that, it was pretty alright considering I probably only studied for like 5 hours in total for the exam (regrets). I’m so glad it’s all over and I literally don’t feel stressed anymore! (neck minute, watch me stress out over my english exam THIS friday). I hate how our chem exam and methods exam 1 is on the same day, like everyone does chem and methods so couldn’t they have had the exams on different days!!! We all damn mad about that. Monday will be a very long day with both those exams, especially because I think we have a 2 hour gap in the middle so it’s like alright, i’ll chill out for a while and try to not to stress about the next exam for 2 hours. I think the same thing happened last year with 2 different exams, can’t remember which ones. It’s a pretty sad life for those who did bio and further 3/4 though, imagine having both on the same day!

I’ll never need to know what Maillard reaction is ever again! (unless my career is food related, which is unlikely because although i love food i can’t see my whole career revolving around it.) All this happiness will disappear and it would be like I never felt it as 1/2 exams approach, but no one is nearly as stressed because they literally don’t matter. I’m really excited for commencement (already dreading exam feedback, i’ll probably never open my exam booklet as the teacher goes through the answers). I’m excited to start my subjects for next year and looking forward to the summer holidays. i’m NOT looking forward to december the 12th. Probably the day when my parents will skin me alive and hang my organs from the ceiling when they see my study scores, oh boy. But that’s still a while off and I like to think that day will never come :)

P.S. i really like your profile picture, cake is great
psych [50] bio [50]