Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:05:26 am

Author Topic: whys' VCE journal  (Read 79731 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: The Adventures of VCE | whys' journal
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2019, 06:26:38 pm »
+4
56 days is almost 2 months. You've got this.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2019, 06:34:43 pm »
+3
Hi.
As of today, we finished all the psych content at school. We have learnt everything we need for the exam. There are 8 more days until my psych sac, and 56 more days until the psych exam. I haven't started revision.

Can I yeet out of this world for a moment, please

saamme finished all the content today!

have a sac next Friday

and also haven't started exam preparation . . .  :-[
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »
+5
exam preparation . . .  :-[

we don't speak about the dreaded exam prep, im trying not to think about it for now... :o

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2019, 08:06:04 pm »
+5
I think we all feel that for exam prep at the moment........nothing.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2019, 08:37:53 pm »
+8
The dreaded e-word... how could you say it?! :o
2 months. Hopefully I can do as many practice exams as I can!
And oh boy... I'm going to get 2 study scores at the end of the year. Wow. I still feel like a 10 year old sometimes
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2019, 08:55:08 pm »
+2
The dreaded e-word... how could you say it?! :o

I still feel like a 10 year old sometimes

too relatable

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2019, 07:43:11 pm »
+7
So in 3 days I have a psych sac... (including today)
And I'm in panic mode! Wow I just started learning the content today and it has been wild. I knew I should have started earlier, and that's what I say every single time I start preparing for sac. Actually, not preparing, more like cramming. I mean, I guess it works for sacs? Hnng preparing for the exam will be a wild ride for me. And here I am looking for ways to procrastinate when I still need to learn the content (procrastination at its finest, folks).

On another note, 2 weeks till school ends! Am I excited? Yes, and no. Yes for holidays, but no because I'll be spending all the holidays studying anyway because the dreaded exams are looming. I'm honestly excited to get the year over and done with, I just really need a fresh start with everything. Everyone keeps reminding me that exams are so close by but I just! don't! want! to! know! Is that too much to ask for?

Anyways, I think this will be the second most unprepared sac I've done because yeah... still learning the content... and slowly dying... so much to remember

When I look back I panic because I realise how much knowledge and understanding I will need to have in me to write my exams. I never realised psych and food studies were that content heavy.

This is a pretty redundant update but I needed to make it to procrastinate so, it's a win-win situation (I get to procrastinate AND update my journal! Maybe not a very win situation for my sac though)

Like they say... hakuna matata ;)
psych [50] bio [50]

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 06:46:38 am »
+4
Like they say... hakuna matata ;)
(Image removed from quote.)
How did you get a picture of me and my friends right before we go into our assessment, knowing we haven't studied nearly enough... Rude?!

Also, good luck! Hoepfully the content will begin to come back to you as you revise...🤞

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
+5
How did you get a picture of me and my friends right before we go into our assessment, knowing we haven't studied nearly enough... Rude?!

Also, good luck! Hoepfully the content will begin to come back to you as you revise...🤞

If you look close enough, you can see me in the picture too... the little one dozing off on the right :D

It hasn't really come back to me because I never properly learnt it in the first place, but we'll see how I go when I get results back :P
psych [50] bio [50]

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2019, 09:09:33 pm »
+4
Hey, it's me again.

I've basically been sick for the past 3-4 days and it kinda sucks.
I couldn't come to school on the say of my psych sac (which I had postponed by a day already because I had an excursion on the day of the actual sac) because I was sick so I had to have it postponed to next Tuesday, which I'm pretty mad about. Why did I have to be sick?! I absolutely hate having tests or sacs postponed. Mine has been moved almost a week further than the original date. I do much better when I sit the sac on the day of the sac and I prefer getting it over and done with so I can focus on other things and have a free mind. But this time, I've been plagued about thoughts of sac for ages after everyone else has already done it. If I practised any more for the sac it would be overlearning - I've finished everything I possibly could have to revise. Overlearning isn't bad, but what's the point? I just hate this, I hate being sick.

On a more positive note, next week is the last week of term, and I'm excited for the long-awaited holidays. It would be nice to not go to school for a while, and I think we all deserve a break. Hands down I cannot wait till the year is over and I can start on a clean slate. But if it's any consolation to myself, we all make new years resolutions that we weren't going to keep in the first place so I doubt much will change. And I also only have like 10 hours on my L's - yikes. I really want to get my P's once I turn 18, so I really need to get cracking on driving a lot more over the term holidays and summer holidays.

Now, back to revising for tests and sacs.
psych [50] bio [50]

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2019, 05:03:48 pm »
+1
Feeling any better? <3 Best of luck with that sac tomorrow!

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2019, 06:10:21 pm »
+1
Feeling any better? <3 Best of luck with that sac tomorrow!

Yep, much better :D
Also, thank you!

On a side note, I found out my last sac is next term (gasp!) so I'm currently salty over that lol
psych [50] bio [50]

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2019, 07:06:14 pm »
+2
On a side note, I found out my last sac is next term (gasp!) so I'm currently salty over that lol

This was the case for me, too. I actually found it kinda good in a weird sort of way, because it helped me focus on something through the last portion of the holidays!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2019, 01:42:03 pm »
+5
This was the case for me, too. I actually found it kinda good in a weird sort of way, because it helped me focus on something through the last portion of the holidays!

Yeah, I guess. But I would much rather prefer to have finished all my sacs before term 4 :(

Today is officially the first day of the holidays for me! It was great - I woke up at 11am! I'm aiming to complete 9 practice exams for psychology, and maybe around 1-2 for food studies this holidays. Mainly because I still haven't learnt any of the food studies content haha... I still need to write notes for each chapter then remember the info. As you can tell, I spent so much time studying throughout the year if I haven't even learnt the content yet. As for how I did my sacs... it was a lot of cramming the day before. And now I sort of regret playing crossy road and watching youtube during class because I need to memorise and understand so much. Oh well, at least food studies isn't as content heavy as psych.

I was also going to go to the atarnotes lecture this Saturday but then my friend said she booked for another day because the spots for Saturday ran out. Then I started booking for the other day so I could go with her and then the spots ran out there, so now we both aren't going haha. But another friend and I are going to the psyched lecture; I can't remember the exact date but it's soon. I also want to book a food studies lecture at I think it was TSSM because there are literally NO resources for this subject because no one does it. Tbh, I can't remember the reason I chose to do it either, but here I am.

I really want to draw these holidays. Draw, and play league, because I'm a gamer like that. But I mostly hope I can invest enough time into drawing that I haven't been investing throughout the year because I was so busy. Partly my fault though, I could have made time for it but I was just too lazy playing video games and watching youtube. I've also been planning what I'm going to do over the summer holidays for each of my subjects in year 12 when I'm just sitting around doing nothing, and the fun, non-studying stuff I'm going to do. The time between doing exams and waiting for study scores will be the weirdest time I think - I'll be happy because no one knows my study scores and my parents won't look at me with their disappointed faces knowing I did badly or whatever, but I'll also have a bit of anticipatory anxiety as I wait it out. Let's just hope I don't do too bad...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:44:01 pm by whys »
psych [50] bio [50]

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2019, 11:35:09 pm »
+2
How are your holidays going? Did you get to do much study for food studies?

Seeing as I am doing 3/4 food studies next year, how would you say you found the subject overall?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash