Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:20 am

Author Topic: technodisney's journey into Live Theatre  (Read 7586 times)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
« on: January 30, 2019, 03:43:14 pm »
+18
So...

I have decided to start a Uni Journey Journal.
I want to have something to look back on in the future, and there is no way I could keep motivated to do a private journal, making it public like this will help motivate me to add more stuff.

Here are some things you should know about me:
1. I am a master of procrastination, it will be a miracle if I actually even start something a while before it needs to be done. I can always find a way to distract myself (and AN is one of those tools I use to procrastinate), I am hoping to try and change my habits this year though, and get into the habits of using programs like Cold Turkey which help me stay focussed and not get distracted while getting work done on my computer.
2. It is very likely I will at some point leave this thread abandoned for long periods even though I will say I'm going to try and post something once a week. I am very disorganised and I apologize for that.
3. My grammar and spelling is not very good and I don't have a very wide vocabulary, I am also good at just writing on and on about one thing withhout adding anything new, I also apoligise for all of the above.

My dream for the future is to work in the technical behind the scenes side of large scale Live Theatre productions. I have always had an interest in what is going on behind the scenes at large scale musical's and plays I have seen and would love to be apart of creating the magic that happens on stage. Even though I am talented in the field of IT and I am the go to tech guy for most people I know, I can't really see myself doing that in the long term, yes I will be challenged with getting new technology to interact with each other but I feel I will get bored of it over time.
Whereas being apart of Live Productions requires technical and troubleshooting skills but it also has that aspect of creativity with it.

This year I am studying a Certificate IV in Live Production and Technical Services at the RMIT City Campus. This is the only course I could find that had some sort of vague connection to being in Live Theatre, although this course is just a general overview of the industry, it will provide me with some skills and possibly some contacts that I could use to get in the specific area I want to get into.
I am also planning to volunteer at a community theatre on their productions in my free time this year, that will give me the chance to practice and gain some skills specific to the Live Theatre side of the industry. At the interview for this course I asked whether I will be able to go into the Live Theatre side of the industry from this and he said that it will help me alot but people who work at the big theatres have gained a lot of experience in smaller community thatres, so I am making sure I can get involved as much as I can.
My mum has a contact who helps at a local theatre who is looking for a sound person, so I am going to take up that offer.

On the Uni side of things, it's bloody hard to enroll in RMIT. First I couldn't enroll properly because I couldn't get a clear enough scan of my passport and then I accidentally enrolled in the wrong class groups because I didn't realise I received another email telling me specifically which classes I need to enroll in. So I unenrolled from everything and then enrolled into my new ones. Yay all good, NOT. Then my timetable wasn't working properly and I have been bumped around to all these different people who could apparently fix it, they enjoy passing the buck. I just found out after going through like 5 people they are aware of the issue and 'should' be fixed before Monday.  ::)

And the other problem I didn't think of is money, because it is a Cert IV I am not eligible for HECS, luckily my parents are happy to give me a $4,000 loan, but I've realised that I'm gonna have to pay them back 4 grand at some point, that thought is scary to me, I don't have a job right now but I am frantically looking for one, I also need to work out how I'm gonna find $4 a day for the train into the city Monday - Friday. I know it will all work out, but it is scary that it has now dawned on me I am going to have to manage and work for my own money.

I am feeling kind of worried for orientation next week Thursday, but it should be all good. There are only 50 people doing the course, so I am a little worried that I am not going to be accepted and be an outcast of the cohort. Except for Year 12, all through my schooling I have been 'that kid' that's always left out. I am worried it is going to happen in this new Uni enviroment and I will make a fool of myself.

I will try to update weekly once Uni has started.
And I will probably update after orientation.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:46:17 pm »
+6
So much love for this thread. 😍

Re: cohort, this is a new opportunity! My experience of uni was that it was generally more accepting than school. Fewer cliques and the like. I hope it works out that way for you, too!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:50:23 pm »
+8
Reminder that this is your journal and we don't really care about how many elevated lexemes you use - nothing to apologise for :)

Can't guarantee anything but I've found being in a small uni cohort (under 30) to be incredible. No outsiders,  no cliques, just a brilliant bunch of people supporting eachother.   
I hope that you have a similar experience. 

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:42:28 pm »
+4
With going into the city- if you travel at least 5 days a week, myki passes are generally cheaper: I usually buy them as 28-day passes and it roughly equates to $2.65/day ($74.20 for the 28 days :) )

Looking forward to seeing more updates, techno! :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 04:56:39 pm »
+10
Re: the loan/lack of HECS... Just be happy you're in a position where your family can afford to give you that loan. You'd be absolutely screwed if they weren't. A lot of people don't have that luxury so I think you are damn lucky. Thought i'd put it out there.

Except for Year 12, all through my schooling I have been 'that kid' that's always left out. I am worried it is going to happen in this new Uni enviroment and I will make a fool of myself.
Been there done that. I think you'll actually be better off because you're in such an environment where you are with like minded people rather than kids who are forced to attend school. I was in a very similar situation during my schooling - but I think if anything that gave me a greater appreciation for those that wanted to be friends with me and a carefree attitude towards those that didn't. Just stick to your values and appreciate those that go out of their way to engage with you and those that deserve your friendship will remain.

Re: myki/travel, I agree with Lou.. get a myki pass if you're travelling frequently. Especially if you aren't eligible for concession rates, it can be quite costly using the prepaid money option.

My mum has a contact who helps at a local theatre who is looking for a sound person, so I am going to take up that offer.
Good stuff. Start somewhere - foot in the door is  the first step to the big stage (jeez I had to think about that one for a minute... needed to use a saying relevant to your chosen path).

I am a bit disappointed you didn't go down the IT path but at the same time I didn't do IT either and I finished my degree cos the  office 9-5 slavery didn't appeal to me, so I understand.

gl hf, PM's always open if you need it

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:59:12 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 11:38:38 am »
+11
Thanks for those kind words/advice/encouragement joseph41, miniturtle, insanipi and Aaron.

I have been full on the past week, I have been working all week plus I had orientation Thursday. Every day the past week I have caught the train into the city, and that is exhausting, an hour in and an hour back. On the way in, I get on at the end of the line so I never struggle to find a seat, but I have noticed that when it is peak hour on the way back the train is soooo packed and it is not good feeling being absolutely exhausted and worn out while standing up on the packed train.

It is kind of good that I have been working in the city the past week, I have been preparing myself for what it would be like constantly going into the city. I can see that it is going to take a massive toll on me if I'm not looking after myself. I need to make sure I get out of my bad habit of being on my phone till the early hours of the morning. I know the first step to that should be to keep my phone out of my bedroom but I can't bring myself to do that. I also need to get out of the habit of checking my phone so much during the day.I noticed that even while they were going through the kinda interesting important stuff on orientation day I was constantly looking at my phone.

Anyways, onto the uni stuff. Orientation was on Thursday. It was kinda interesting it mostly took place in a lecture theatre designed to hold a few hundred people BUT there are only 50 people doing the course so it felt very empty. It was a real awkward environment, everyone was obviously very nervous and not many people were talking. I did try to talk to a guy whom was quite nice, it is just like starting school all over again, barely anyone knows each other and we are all aware that we will be around each other quite a bit for the next 24 months. The good news is that all of the staff that are apart of this course were all super friendly, they each talked to us and explained their background in the Live Production industry. They all seem very experienced in their own areas of expertise. They kept emphasising to us that the course is not a complete course about everything to do with every aspect of Live Production, since it is so vast and complex, but it is an overview of all of the aspects so we can work out which we would like to focus on in our careers.

I emailed the course coordinator (because she has a background in theatre) yesterday explaining how I am looking to get into Live Theatre and where my passions are and whether I could have a chat to her at some point of how people tend to get into the industry, her response made me so happy and excited for what is to come in my future and where this course could end up taking me and how it will help me.

The classes I am doing this semester are:
 - OH&S (yuck)
 - Making a Presentation (Even Worse)
 - Operate Vision Systems (sounds interesting)
 - Mix Live Audio (Looking forward to learning how to do it properly)
 - Repair and Maintain Equipment (Will probably be a little boring but worth it)
 - Install and Test Lighting Equipment (this is what I am most excited for, I have had a little experience with Vision and Audio but none with lighting)

I guess every week I will provide an update on how each class went.

Besides the making a presentation class the 50 of us are split into group A and group B, we are with our group for all of our classes all year, I am hoping that I am able to get along with the people in my group well. It has been suggested that I should bring some food to share and that will make people want to approach me, I think I will give that a go to try and make some friends.

Classes start Monday, and I am still nervous about starting it all, but I am sure I will be able to cope.

I am also seeing HP & the Cursed Child again on Wednesday, so I am going to make sure that I am not taking in the story this time but moreso trying to look at the show from a more technical perspective.

I will update next weekend, until then, byeeeee

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:16:23 am »
+11
so... week 1.
I feel like I have already been pushed to my physical limits. even though I am one week in.

Because as well as a full week of full time Uni, in between classes and in all my spare time I have been working in an office building doing boring tasks like sorting files and I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Wednesday afternoon/night. Along with all that I have been having some trouble with some friends which has taken quite a bit out of me, I have had an overly exhausting week.

Everyone in my class is super friendly, I don't think I will make any friends though.

OH&S
This class was super boring, listening to someone talk about OH&S procedures for two hours in a monotonous tone is not very exciting. The teacher is very nice though, luckily this class only goes for the first 8 weeks, so I am just going to have to keep pushing through all of this important/boring stuff.

Make a Presentation
This class was kind of fun. She spent an hour going through the assignment we will be doing at the end of this subject and then we did getting to know you games and also had a paper airplane throwing competition. This class is all based around making a presentation of something in the Live Production industry. I am not looking forward to having to present in front of a class, but oh well, if it has to be done it has to be done.

Operate Vision Systems
This was fun, it started by the teacher giving us equipment and telling us to set up these projectors and screens. he was trying to judge how well we work with each other so he can give us our groups. That was the first part of class, the second part was learning about different types of screens and how they work and how they are made, that was actually interesting.
We were also shown a Linus Tech Tips video on screens. So that was kind of funny.

Mix Live Audio
Of course we start at the basic stuff. Like how to correctly roll up cords and set up microphone stands. I stood there for an hour trying to get the technique correct and I don't think I quite got there. We are being assessed on it next week. The teacher for this looks  very intimidating but is actually very friendly. It should get a little more exciting than rolling up cords in a few weeks.

Repair and Maintain Live Production Equipment
This was quite boring as it was mostly an introductory into what sort of stuff we will be doing, we also completed a small workbook about repairing and maintaining the equipment. In a few weeks we are going to do quite a lot of soldering, so that should be exciting, but in saying that, last time I tried soldering I made the biggest mess ever, I will see how I go.

Lighting
Once again this class was an introductory, with well over an hour going into explaining the big assessment we will be doing in a few weeks. I guess it is good for us to know about what is coming.

I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for a second time on Wednesday, it was nice seeing it again as I could sit around thinking about all of the technical side. I also had a very different view this time around, last time I was in the stalls but this time I was up in the Grand Circle so I could see different things going on.I noticed some lights from this view which I did not realise were there in the stalls, even though they were and would have just seemed more ambient.

Uni Life is fun. I just need to be careful all of my money doesn't go down the drain, there are so many food places around the City Campus, that is not good for me, RIP wallet. Although it is reasonably cheap.
I took some time to just aimlessly wander around the campus, that was fun just discovering everything around and where everything leads, as it does get quite complicated in the main buildings. It is absolutely crazy how big the place is and how busy it all is Three of my classes are in the exact same room so I am happy about that.
It feels nice to have this freedom. And I discovered I can get Gigabit internet in the library :O

I'm not looking forward to next week of Uni mainly because of the not so good mental place I am in right now.
wish me luck

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 06:00:04 pm »
+4
so... week 1.

OH&S
This class was super boring, listening to someone talk about OH&S procedures for two hours in a monotonous tone is not very exciting. The teacher is very nice though, luckily this class only goes for the first 8 weeks, so I am just going to have to keep pushing through all of this important/boring stuff.

It actually surprises you how much WH&S is forced upon you during film/theatre studies. It's literally the last thing you would care about on set/stage but it is so important. I too found all this safety stuff boring when I first learnt it at film school but was so shocked to hear about Uma Thurman's car crash on Kill Bill and how the director tried to cover it up. They made her drive into an area they hadn't done a risk assessment for because they changed their mind about the original route. Uma ended up crashing which is so unfortunate.

So even if all these safety talk might be boring, it is so so important in ensuring production runs smoothly!

Mix Live Audio
Of course we start at the basic stuff. Like how to correctly roll up cords and set up microphone stands. I stood there for an hour trying to get the technique correct and I don't think I quite got there. We are being assessed on it next week. The teacher for this looks  very intimidating but is actually very friendly. It should get a little more exciting than rolling up cords in a few weeks.

I can totally relate to this! Rolling cords is so confusing but essentially all you need to do is hold the end of the cord in one hand and use the other hand to make loops of the rest of the cord and you should end up something like this! It's super fun once you get used to it :)

Wishing you all the best with uni <3
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

smamsmo22

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 11:37:42 pm »
+1
As someone who knows close to nothing about live theatre (especially the BTS kinda stuff), your posts have been really fascinating, even though you found your week pretty mundane.
Just wondering, what sparked your interest in live theatre, especially since your VCE subjects were pretty unrelated? Do you want to study further after this course or find work?
Best of luck and I can't wait to hear more about your experiences (:
2018 - VCE - ATAR: 99.75 [English, Chemistry, Methods, French, PE, Bio]
2019 - Monash

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 09:22:35 pm »
+5
It actually surprises you how much WH&S is forced upon you during film/theatre studies. It's literally the last thing you would care about on set/stage but it is so important. I too found all this safety stuff boring when I first learnt it at film school but was so shocked to hear about Uma Thurman's car crash on Kill Bill and how the director tried to cover it up. They made her drive into an area they hadn't done a risk assessment for because they changed their mind about the original route. Uma ended up crashing which is so unfortunate.

So even if all these safety talk might be boring, it is so so important in ensuring production runs smoothly!
That is one thing they kept emphasising, how important it is so we don't tune out. The first thing we were shown in the class were examples of what happens when proper OHS procedures were not followed.
Because of that I'm trying to pay attention, I don't want to make some silly mistake rigging a set because I didn't pay proper attention in this class.

I can totally relate to this! Rolling cords is so confusing but essentially all you need to do is hold the end of the cord in one hand and use the other hand to make loops of the rest of the cord and you should end up something like this! It's super fun once you get used to it :)
That sounds simple. We were told we have to do an "over-under" technique, we have to twist it one way on one loop while going the opposite way on the next.

Wishing you all the best with uni <3
Thank You! :)

As someone who knows close to nothing about live theatre (especially the BTS kinda stuff), your posts have been really fascinating, even though you found your week pretty mundane.
Just wondering, what sparked your interest in live theatre, especially since your VCE subjects were pretty unrelated? Do you want to study further after this course or find work?
Best of luck and I can't wait to hear more about your experiences (:
I'm glad you are finding them fascinating. I hope I can give you a bit more of an insight after I learn more of what is going on myself.

I have always had an interest in what is going on behind the scenes at live shows. And watching people like Christian Jackson (a lighting designer) on Youtube it has kind of ignited a spark in me. I am actually incredibly excited about this course and where it could take me.
Theres 2 reasons , one is that my high school offered nothing that is along these lines for me to take, like there was Drama and Music but I don't want to directly perform as the center of attention. I want to provide the technical supplement to the main performance. My school also doesn't have a big musical program and last year it was actually cancelled, if I got the chance I would've got my self involved behind the scenes.
The other reason is that I didn't really realise I had this passion until October of last year, I guess I knew but I never really thought about it, like I didn't think I'd get anywhere or there was even any courses.

In regards to the second question, after I have completed the Cert IV this year I will do the Diploma next year (or probably 2021 as I have a plan for next year), from there I am hoping to find a job and slowly move up the chain in the industry and eventually work on the big touring shows in Australia (and surrounding countries).

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 09:13:17 am »
+10
So... I am writing this while in my OHS class for this week. The teacher is going around each person checking our work, so I am missing out on socialising and not learning content.

Once again I am physically exhausted and I developed a really bad cold over the past week, combined with me still staying up late that has not been good for me. I need to focus on trying to get to sleep at a reasonable hour (11 at the latest), not regularly after midnight.

The next week is looking to be just as busy, so I'm not particularly looking forward to that. Two nights I am doing Red Frogs at MelbUni O-week parties, so I am going to be up until 2am which will make me absolutely exhausted but it should be worth it for the experience.

OH&S
Last week was just as boring, I mean all this stuff is important, but in the end it comes down to don't be an idiot. There is a chance that this class will finish before the entire 8 weeks of it scheduled are up. I am hoping so much that will happen.

Make a Presentation
This class was just as boring as OHS. We went through presentation types. And then we had to give someone a quick improvised speech to another person, I unfortunately shut down and didn't really want to talk to anyone. But the guy I was sitting next to was very encouraging of me so I appreciated that. Everyone is actually really nice, I'm just not putting myself out there.

Vision Systems
This class was soooo much fun, the class of a bit over 20 was split into two so there were only 10 of us which is a really good size for a class and helps with discussions. We learnt how projectors work, I actually found that super interesting, I've never put much thought into what goes on inside a projector, but now I know it is all very clever and smart

Mix Audio
Boring, we just had the cable rolling assessment, which was kind of pointless, because some people struggled he just sat with them and did the tasks with them. Next week hopefully we will get to making some sound.

Repair and Maintain Equipment
We learnt about electricity, current, resistance and amps. That was a little interesting, but I remember alot of it from year 10 physics. We also learnt how to use a multimeter. One guy had the end of an extension lead EXPLODE when he plugged it in, there was alot of smoke.That added some excitement.
The night before this class when I had my multimeter out I convinced my family it was a lie detector that zaps you when you lie, so that was exciting, I tricked my sisters, little brothers and Mum.

Lighting
This was a bit of a physics lesson, we learn what light is. Then we went on to learn the protocol that lighting desks use to control lights (DMX), the way it links the desk and fixtures was interesting but it uses Binary and we were given a lesson from scratch in how Binary works, I got bored to death during that section and actually guessed how it all integrates together before we were told. But overall was an ok class.

This week I am feeling just as sick, and I have full days every day until Friday with super late nights Wednesday and Thursday, wish me luck!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 05:49:01 pm »
+3
Good luck for the week! :D

Sounds like you have a bit of a mixed bag with your units at the moment. Overall, are you enjoying it? Pretty crass representation, but how would you rate each unit out of 10 atm?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 09:02:25 pm »
+9
Sounds like you have a bit of a mixed bag with your units at the moment. Overall, are you enjoying it? Pretty crass representation, but how would you rate each unit out of 10 atm?

I am actually really enjoying it overall, it is fun doing classes that directly relate to what I want to do in the future even if it is starting at the boring stuff. And the uni life aspect of it, I am enjoying AAAALLLLLLLL of this freedom, but not the responsibility. It is scary that all of this learning is completely up to me. Right throughout high school I relied on the teachers the whole way through to pull me up and motivate me to work. At Uni they don't give a crap at all, it is kind of scary.

I am a little outcast in the class socially, but that's because I didn't end up putting much effort in... Everyone in the class is super duper nice, I just feel like I'm left out. But when the class has all gone to a place before or after I have been either visiting my grandpa in hospital or working. But work finishes this Friday and Grandpa has a MAXIMUM of 3 weeks left in hospital, so hopefully after that I can be a bit more social once I aren't occupied with other things.

Volunteering for red frogs was fun. I got to support people at parties and that made me happy and feel like the 2am nights then Uni first thing were worth it. Although by Friday night I was absolutely ded physically.

Classes this week with ratings..
(as suggested by @J41)
OH&S
Meh, boring, we seem to be making really good process through the booklet though. We probably only have around 3 weeks left, and then I get Monday mornings off. I am sooooo looking forward too that.
Overall I give this subject so far a 2/10 for being overly simple

Comms
This was once again very meh. Talking about types of presentations and stuff like that.In 2 weeks we are starting our group assignment, I feel like I could just start this now and miss the information we are currently being taught.
I give this subject a 4/10, I mean the stuff is a little interesting but doesn't really relate to the Live Production industry.

Vision Systems
We went through different screen ratios and compression. It was interesting hearing where all these technical terms I have come to know well actually mean and where they come from. And the compression stuff I never really understood until this class. Same with the colours and what different bits of colour mean.
I am loving this class, I give it a 9/10 overall.

Audio
We finally did some prac work. Which was just setting up a basic analogue PA system. We learnt a little of how the mics/speakers work and also what all the knobs on a basic mixing board mean.
Currently I would give this class a 6/10 because the teacher isn't the best at teaching, he is very skilled with mixing audio and is also very nice.

Repair and Maintain Equipment
I had so much fun this week. We had the task of soldering different parts onto a basic logic board and I came out of it super happy with how I did. Last time that I tried soldering I completely wrecked the board and melted it. This time everything went smoothly and I came out of the class overjoyed with how it all went.
I would rate this class around a 7/10 it is quite interesting and covers little stuff I have always wondered about.

Lighting
This was fun. We learnt about different lighting angles on a stage and the different ways in which they can be used.
I loved seeing how it all got wired up and it was surprisingly easy to address all of the lights in the desk so they can be controlled via the DMX protocol, I thought it would have been much more complicated how it all works, but nooope. (I am using these fanceee lighting words because I can, makes me feel smart).
I give this class a 9/10 overall. It is mostly new stuff to me and all very interesting.

My next week looks packed with Work, Uni AND I have an audition for The Chase TV Show as well. So I am going to be very busy. I hope I am able to cope. But after last week I'm sure I can!

Peace out!

ZAZ

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Doncaster Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 04:55:03 pm »
+2
A very interesting read, what you are doing seems really cool. :)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:46 pm »
+3
I'm really glad you're loving the freedom, but I agree, the independent learning style the uni expects of you can be a bit of a shock once you start haha! I'm also glad you're really enjoying some of your classes, I find personally that enjoying some classes gives me motivation to do work for the others I don't enjoy as much )But maybe I'm weird aha :') )

My next week looks packed with Work, Uni AND I have an audition for The Chase TV Show as well. So I am going to be very busy. I hope I am able to cope. But after last week I'm sure I can!
I'm sure you can pull through! I believe in you fam! (Also good luck for the audition!!!) ^-^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!