Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:28:09 pm

Author Topic: j  (Read 902 times)  Share 

asujinn

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
j
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:47:12 pm »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:32:37 am by asujinn »

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Offers and preference change
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 10:54:10 pm »
No it won't. Your offer that you get on the 18th is final (but you must make sure that you accept it by the date specified by the uni, otherwise you will lose it).

The change of preference period that opens up after round 1 offers is for round 2. If you want to be considered for other courses, you must ensure that your order reflects what you want to be considered for in round 2. In this case, it would be perfectly okay to move your offered preference to the bottom of the list (because this will be marked as Offered in round 1 anyway).

If you don't move your offered preference, only courses above it in the preference list will be considered for round 2.

Remember: Always accept your first round offer - you are able to withdraw from it later on if you get offered something else in future rounds. By not accepting your first round offer, you run the risk of not getting ANY FURTHER OFFERS. Most offers are made in round 1 - and as the rounds continue, the likelihood of you getting any offers decreases.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:00:32 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 11:02:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply!
Is the date to accept the offer usually before 2nd round? If so can I accept it and then withdraw without fees or anyhting if I want the second offer?

Yes it is before the 2nd round usually - usually around 10 days or so after the offer date (some are earlier some are later, it varies from uni to uni). You will get explicit instructions regarding dates and so on anyway. Yes you can withdraw without fees :) Unis have what they call a census date which is the last date that you can withdraw without incurring fees (this is usually around the end of March). However I would withdraw ASAP if you decide to accept something else.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:04:02 pm by Aaron »

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:08:01 pm »
No problem. Let us know if you have any other q's. I have been through the change of pref experience in between rounds 1 and 2 (in early 2016), so I know how annoying it can be. Good luck