Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:23:30 am

Author Topic: Spesh or Religion  (Read 507 times)  Share 

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
Spesh or Religion
« on: August 22, 2019, 06:03:24 pm »
+1
I have two choices

I am in yr 11 and have only 5 subjects. I want to pick up a 3/4 subject next year to have 6 in total (further is my 3/4 this year). I have options like bm hhd etc, however, I don’t fine interest in those subjects, I had a look at their textbooks etc and don’t find it intriguing.

The only subjects that remain which I find interest are spesh and religion and society. My current subjects are English methods chemistry physics and further (3/4). I believe with hard work, I am able to get a max 35 raw in spesh, same goes with RS excluding it scaling. So a 46 scaled spesh and a 34 scaled rs. The only question is, can I cope with spesh 3/4 without completing 1/2 and how will it affect my other subjects?

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: Spesh or Religion
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 07:47:01 pm »
+4
I have two choices

I am in yr 11 and have only 5 subjects. I want to pick up a 3/4 subject next year to have 6 in total (further is my 3/4 this year). I have options like bm hhd etc, however, I don’t fine interest in those subjects, I had a look at their textbooks etc and don’t find it intriguing.

The only subjects that remain which I find interest are spesh and religion and society. My current subjects are English methods chemistry physics and further (3/4). I believe with hard work, I am able to get a max 35 raw in spesh, same goes with RS excluding it scaling. So a 46 scaled spesh and a 34 scaled rs. The only question is, can I cope with spesh 3/4 without completing 1/2 and how will it affect my other subjects?

Do the one that you feel you would do better in! It sounds like you really enjoy maths and are willing to put in the effort to do Spesh 3/4. Just be aware that if you plan to do all 3 maths, only the highest scoring two can contribute to your primary 4 where the lowest scoring one will count as a 10%.

I'm doing nearly the exact same subjects as you and am also considering doing spesh 3/4 too without 1/2! I say go for it! ;D. Just make sure that you put the effort in and are passionate about what you are learning, or else how do you expect to get a good score? :D. Since you do further 3/4, some modules like the matrices and geometry are actually covered in Spesh 1/2, so realistically its mainly complex numbers you have to deal with. Physics also goes really nicely with Spesh as you cover kinematics in both subjects! Physics, Methods and Spesh are great together and makes things in other subjects somewhat easier to understand. :)