Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 04:23:01 pm

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182347 times)

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2017, 07:59:55 pm »
+2
How is everyone planning to spend their holidays? For me, I am hoping to have a good rest and catch up on some sleep but also do a fair few practice exams as we have just had mid-year exams and most of the content from my subjects is still fresh in my mind. I would also like to get some practice exams done before the crazy period at the end of term 3! I have already done most of the VCAA Drama exams!

I'm going to countryside to relax by finishing the methods and spesh courses, rereading both my comparative texts and all the resources, forgetting about chemistry, and trying to revise my Latin grammar. Now I think about it this holiday probably isn't going to be all too relaxing but it's nice to have a break from school. Hopefully I'll be ready to start practice exams in term 3.
UAdel MBBS

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2017, 08:05:04 pm »
+1
I'm going to countryside to relax by finishing the methods and spesh courses, rereading both my comparative texts and all the resources, forgetting about chemistry, and trying to revise my Latin grammar. Now I think about it this holiday probably isn't going to be all too relaxing but it's nice to have a break from school. Hopefully I'll be ready to start practice exams in term 3.
Sometimes, a change of scenery is always good! ;D
Hopefully you do get some time away from study to rest! Also, try to keep some practice exams for later in the term as well! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2017, 08:08:00 pm »
+4
Definitely cram in some practice exams! Maybe an ATAR Notes lecture or two :P

I'll definitely be getting some fun in though -- holidays ARE for rest, after all.  Plans so far are going dirtbike riding, playing some hockey with some old mates, entering a local pool bar's social league competition, going swimming, and #cracking open a cold one with the boys.

Then it's back to study.

ahaha love the hashtag. that sounds like fun! (not so much the study ... but hey it has to happen haha.)

are most people heading to the lectures? (: i'll be there saturday and wednesday mornings and friday afternoon but i'm still trying convince my friends to get out of bed for them . :/

this is ... very productive relaxation! though sometimes it actually does feel great to be able to work at your own pace outside of the constraints of school, so i kind of get your point tbh (:
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »
+1
^Make sure you say hi when you're there! :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2017, 08:19:43 pm »
+1

this is ... very productive relaxation! though sometimes it actually does feel great to be able to work at your own pace outside of the constraints of school, so i kind of get your point tbh (:

Productive relaxation is the only kind of relaxation in year 12. I find if I relax unproductively for too long the guilt gnaws away at me and I give into doing more study.
UAdel MBBS

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2017, 08:25:49 pm »
+2
Sounds like an awesome holiday! ;D
Assuming you *are* going to the lectures, which days are you going? ;D

I'll be there for the afternoon English lecture on the 1st :) I'll be sure to introduce myself to everybody. Are you going? I'm sure you'll magically see me on the train again
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2017, 08:27:51 pm »
+1
I'll be there for the afternoon English lecture on the 1st :) I'll be sure to introduce myself to everybody. Are you going? I'm sure you'll magically see me on the train again
Awesome! :)
I doubt I can replicate that again anytime soon, but I might drop by... :)

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
+3
^Make sure you say hi when you're there! :D

haha i have no clue what any of you look like but i'll try to! maybe i'll just wave to all the people with or without the really blue shirts and hope that i've interacted with at least one of them ... they're big lectures so probability's on my side, right? ;D

Productive relaxation is the only kind of relaxation in year 12. I find if I relax unproductively for too long the guilt gnaws away at me and I give into doing more study.

mm yes i feel like because we're so close to finished, spending too much time on things i could feasibly do after year twelve feels like such a waste. but then again, the mountain of homework i'm sure is coming probably won't leave very much time for leisure  ???

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: June 26, 2017, 08:38:58 pm »
+4
haha i have no clue what any of you look like but i'll try to! maybe i'll just wave to all the people with or without the really blue shirts and hope that i've interacted with at least one of them ... they're big lectures so probability's on my side, right? ;D

Blue shirt, bad beard. Can't go wrong. ;D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #339 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »
+5
Blue shirt, bad beard. Can't go wrong. ;D
^ This guy above me may or may not also half-look like Andrew Garfield. ;)
No, I didn't start this, don't kill me, J41 <3

lilyrosee

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #340 on: June 26, 2017, 10:16:34 pm »
+5
How's drama treating you? :)

I haven't dropped any marks on the SACS so far which is good. My class is starting to prepare for the solo performance examination at the moment and I am quite happy that I have completed most of my research in advance and can use the holidays to plan scenes etc.

Definitely cram in some practice exams! Maybe an ATAR Notes lecture or two :P

I am going to the English and Literature lectures on Saturday! Hopefully they will get me into a productive mindset for the holidays :)

Moderator edit: - insanipi: merged posts :)

Which English comparative texts are you doing? My school is doing 'Ransom' and 'Invictus' which I am trying my best to enjoy because they are definitely not texts I would usually engage with...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:21:02 pm by lilyrosee »
2016: Psychology
2017: English [47] | Literature | Drama [42] | Media | Australian History [43]
2018 - 2020: Bachelor of Arts @ the University of Melbourne

VCE English Essay Marking $10 per essay or 3 essays for $20 - DM for details

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
« Reply #341 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:31 pm »
+4
oh my god, i studied ransom last year, malouf's writing is actually so gorgeous. (but basically everyone else hated it, so ... you're not alone if that's how you feel haha.) once you get used to the context, it might be fun? or at least not akin to pulling teeth lmao idk.

what are you studying for lit? (:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:30:23 pm by patriciarose »

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2017, 07:28:55 am »
+3

Which English comparative texts are you doing? My school is doing 'Ransom' and 'Invictus' which I am trying my best to enjoy because they are definitely not texts I would usually engage with...

My school is doing 'year of wonders' and 'the crucible', which are both interesting texts as they are historical fiction and deal with some interesting themes. 'Ransom' and 'invictus' sound interesting, I think 'ransom' is based off the Iliad, which is a great classical text.
UAdel MBBS

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
+5
It's been a while since I last posted here. I finished all my SACs for the term  :). Now I'm going to relax for the rest of the day and enjoy a bit of time without worrying about SACs before I start cramming for UMAT and start prepping for unit 4 and exams.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »
+2
It's been a while since I last posted here. I finished all my SACs for the term  :). Now I'm going to relax for the rest of the day and enjoy a bit of time without worrying about SACs before I start cramming for UMAT and start prepping for unit 4 and exams.

Congrats! :D What are you going to do to unwind? :)