Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:07:31 am

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182997 times)

chooby

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +47
Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2017, 12:34:21 am »
+3
=12th of March 2017=

-finished off necessdary chemistry questions woo!
-gotten through a good chunk of bio revision; plasma membranes, membrane transport and protein synthesis
-planning to make a quizlet full of bio definitions so will share once its up and running
-actually did some exercise to keep everything moving and now my legs feel like they will give way everytime they bend thanks to lunges
-still not sure what I would like to do for english oral. thinking of something along the lines of VCE creating more stress than it does good because that'll be super meta.

I can't wait to read your updates, chooby. ;D

What type of camp was this? It sounds strenuous haha.

All the best for the Bio SAC on Wednesday - let us know how it goes! :)

Thanks Joseph41! it was a leadership camp for those in the student parliament. You wouldn't think it'd be physical but there was a lot more activities that managed to have a deeper meaning as to how to be a leader. Will update on the Bio SAC once it's done!!

Please do update often, we'd love to hear about it! :)
That is a nice break from life, what did you do with the cameras? :)
All the best for choosing a topic for the English oral and your biol SAC! :)
Hey Insanipi! The church I do volunteer work at is relatively large so to accomadate, we have cameras that film the sermons so that they appear live on the screens as well as having them uploaded to Youtube for those who can't come! Being able to focus on something non-school related is nice every now and again c:
"It's not the building that matters; it's what happens in it that does" ~ Mark Conner

2017 | Biology [38]
2018 | English [] Methods [] Chemistry [] Physics [] MUEP Chemistry []

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2017, 08:40:17 am »
+1
=12th of March 2017=

-finished off necessdary chemistry questions woo!
-gotten through a good chunk of bio revision; plasma membranes, membrane transport and protein synthesis
-planning to make a quizlet full of bio definitions so will share once its up and running
-actually did some exercise to keep everything moving and now my legs feel like they will give way everytime they bend thanks to lunges
-still not sure what I would like to do for english oral. thinking of something along the lines of VCE creating more stress than it does good because that'll be super meta.

Hey Insanipi! The church I do volunteer work at is relatively large so to accomadate, we have cameras that film the sermons so that they appear live on the screens as well as having them uploaded to Youtube for those who can't come! Being able to focus on something non-school related is nice every now and again c:
That's excellent to hear about the chemistry questions! :) Quizlet was quite literally my best friend when trying to remember important stuff, so sharing them will be really swell! ^_^ (I put all my old ones into pdfs and into the notes section, because I did a massive cleanout last year, haha).
Exercise is really good way at keeping fit and healthy during VCE, I'll be cheering you on to encourage you to go on! :)
Hopefully you do find yourself with a really interesting topic for your oral, let us know what you end up doing.

Ah, right! I totally get you there. It's good to have some like that to focus on, which isn't school-related. I love listening/watching podcasts/videos that come from my own church. :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2017, 08:46:42 am »
+1
gotta do what you gotta do lol. . . not gonna sacrifice my health bc of vce   :D

Absolutely! Health should definitely be prioritised. 8)

Yes, it does :)

Fantastic! :D

Thanks for the support guys!! About halfway through writing a draft for my Methods and Psych posts :)

Ah-mah-zing. I actually cannot wait to read these threads. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah!! It was an amazing experience! We had to make a group of 4 and then we attended training sessions during lunchtimes where people went over different techniques on how to tackle different kinds of questions. All the questions involves some kind of a foreign language, and they gave you English translations for sample sentences using that language. With this and background information they provide you, you basically need to decode the language. You need to consider things like affixation, gender pronouns, possession, direct and indirect objects, sentence structure, etc etc. It was really helpful that everyone in my group was doing 3/4 Eng Lang :D

During the actual exam, which was two hours long, all the groups were in a room in separate tables and with a computer each. We had to submit all our answers online via BlackBoard. Those two hours felt like the most intense hours in my life.

Even though we got 58% in the end, I loved the overall competition and experience of problem solving with my fellow peers!

This really got my juices flowing. Sounds fantastic. Is it a new thing, or has it been around for a while? I've never heard of it before!

Are you interested in studying Linguistics at uni (#plug)? Because what you've done is essentially historical linguistics in a nutshell haha. :D

LOL I love this reasoning - meta af. :D How long's the oral? (I always feel so ignorant when it comes to English 3/4 haha.)

Thanks Joseph41! it was a leadership camp for those in the student parliament. You wouldn't think it'd be physical but there was a lot more activities that managed to have a deeper meaning as to how to be a leader.

Nice! That sounds pretty slick. What's your role in student parliament? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

NAT0003

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2017, 09:56:39 am »
+2
Economics sac on 22nd march, last sac for the term :)

Alexicology

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2017, 04:21:33 pm »
+1
I have my first English Language SAC on Analytical Commentary

Rip me

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2017, 04:24:02 pm »
+2
Economics sac on 22nd march, last sac for the term :)
It feels good to be nearly done for the term, right?! :) Good luck! :)

Rip me
Hey! I'm super sure you'll ace it! ;D Best of luck! :)

Alexicology

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2017, 04:26:57 pm »
+2
Hey! I'm super sure you'll ace it! ;D Best of luck! :)

Thank you for the support insanipi

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2017, 04:42:42 pm »
+1
Thank you for the support insanipi

You're most welcome!
Keep us updated here ;D

NAT0003

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2017, 04:55:08 pm »
+1
It feels good to be nearly done for the term, right?! :) Good luck! :)Hey! I'm super sure you'll ace it! ;D Best of luck! :)
Thanks, such a relief for only one more sac for the rest of the term ;) ;D

NAT0003

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
It feels good to be nearly done for the term, right?! :) Good luck! :)Hey! I'm super sure you'll ace it! ;D Best of luck! :)
Good luck for your english sac. You'll do awesome ;)

Rip me
Good luck for your english language sac. You'll do awesome ;)
Moderator action - insanipi: Merged double post. :)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:03:02 pm by insanipi »

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »
+1
13/3/2017 Had a relaxing public holiday. Watched quite a bit of anime, which is a nice break from the load of studying I've been doing for the past few weeks.  :) I also finished my prep for my physics SAC on Thursday and practiced for my chem SAC on Wednesday.

NAT0003

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »
13/3/2017 Had a relaxing public holiday. Watched quite a bit of anime, which is a nice break from the load of studying I've been doing for the past few weeks.  :) I also finished my prep for my physics SAC on Thursday and practiced for my chem SAC on Wednesday.
How do you find melbourne high Zhen? :)

Did some accounting and further homework today, and pretty much wasted time online lol

Mod edit (insani): merged double post.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:13:22 pm by insanipi »

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2017, 09:13:51 pm »
How do you find melbourne high Zhen? :)
It's not really what I expected it to be like when I was in year 8. I thought it would be a school full of nerds, but the people there are pretty normal for a select entry school. I think that the school is good because it's competitive. Also there are quite a few good teachers at MHS, but there are a still couple of VCE teachers that just can't teach. Overall, I think it's a decent school.

NAT0003

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:12 pm »
It's not really what I expected it to be like when I was in year 8. I thought it would be a school full of nerds, but the people there are pretty normal for a select entry school. I think that the school is good because it's competitive. Also there are quite a few good teachers at MHS, but there are a still couple of VCE teachers that just can't teach. Overall, I think it's a decent school.
That's interesting about melbourne high, and is it also true that year 11's can't do methods 3/4, and year 10's can't do any unit 1/2 subjects

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2017, 09:35:58 pm »
That's interesting about melbourne high, and is it also true that year 11's can't do methods 3/4, and year 10's can't do any unit 1/2 subjects
Yea, year 11s can't do 3/4 methods. Year 10s can do a units 1/2 language (outside of school), but other than they don't allow year 10s to do any 1/2 subjects.