Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:10 am

Author Topic: CLASS of 2021  (Read 74888 times)

Corey King

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +3
Re: CLASS of 2021
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2020, 11:14:52 am »
+1
Nice!

Yes, very aware of the double degree option and some are quite high on my preferences, particularly the generalist ones :)

Those are some good questions. Do you mean study goals as in the long term? I don't really have an ATAR goal because I feel as though I would get too caught up in the numbers game. I have an aim that I keep in the back of my mind but will have to refine my study habits a bit to reach that goal haha. When I was in the younger years of high school, I had a goal of getting a 98+ ATAR and 40+ study scores in each subject (my main motivation was to use it to get into a couple of courses I was interested in and tutoring opportunities), but I don't know how realistic that goal is nowmethods hahahahaha.

Study methods for me are mainly just revising consistently (something I have not done much this year) and keeping track of it on a spreadsheet for exams and using to-do lists to help stay organized. In an ideal world, before a SAC, I'd make a checklist with each area to revise and work away at it (either by teaching the wall or other active recall methods (I've tried recording myself speaking the content and making a podcast style clip, flashcards, teaching others, and posters and summary sheets from memory). Then spam practice questions and past SACs. Nothing really revolutionary.
tl;dr
The process is: understanding the content (making sense of it and asking questions to my teacher) --> learning the content (through the methods described above)  --> applying the content to practice questions.

What about you? :)

Very nice. It seems like your problem is the same as mine, keeping free from distraction and on track to study as much as we would like.
Of course your goals are achievable :)

https://www.developgoodhabits.com/fixed-mindset-vs-growth-mindset/#:~:text=According%20to%20Dweck%2C%20when%20a,and%20talents%20are%20fixed%20traits.&text=In%20a%20growth%20mindset%2C%20however,effort%2C%20learning%2C%20and%20persistence.

What's a big change you would like to make? One that's realistic and very specific. I can help keep you accountable to it if you check in :)

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:26 am »
+3
Hi Victorians,

How are you all doing?

2016 feels like a long time ago doesn't it?

Good luck with year 12 everyone,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

aspiringantelope

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2020, 06:15:25 pm »
+4
Hi Victorians,

How are you all doing?

2016 feels like a long time ago doesn't it?

Good luck with year 12 everyone,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
Doing great thanks! (: Long time since this thread has been active haha! And yeah, time flies by...
Have a 3/4 exam literally in a few days and it's my first one so I'm hoping I don't do too bad!! I hoped the exams would be easier this year since of COVID, but judging on responses from the math methods exams, I dunno what to expect ;[

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:33 pm »
+3
Doing great thanks! (: Long time since this thread has been active haha! And yeah, time flies by...
Have a 3/4 exam literally in a few days and it's my first one so I'm hoping I don't do too bad!! I hoped the exams would be easier this year since of COVID, but judging on responses from the math methods exams, I dunno what to expect ;[

I wish the Queensland Class of 2021 thread was more active :)

I also have my first year 12 exams coming up.
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

eliza.langer

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Re: JMSS CLASS of 2021
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2020, 08:29:00 pm »
+5
Hey!

Fellow Class of 2021 student here. What subjects are you taking this year? :)

P.S. Is this going to be a JMSS thread? You can change the title by clicking on the modify button on your post.

Hey!

I'm a Class of 2021 student. This year I'm taking standard English, Advanced Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Business Studies and Music 2.

How are you all going? :)

kelli.moon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2020, 08:34:04 pm »
+6
I'm a Class of 2021 student
im taking drama, pdhpe, english advance, biology, community family studies, standard maths
vet earlychildcare!!!!

aspiringantelope

« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2020, 05:40:42 pm »
+2
I wish the Queensland Class of 2021 thread was more active :)

I also have my first year 12 exams coming up.
Hehe!! I think Queensland is like new to like the curriculum? or something, but I'm sure there will be more users from Queensland in the near future!!
Also, good luck for your year 12 exams (: hope you do well and pray it doesn't turn out to be hard!!  ;D

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2020, 01:13:03 pm »
Hey everyone,

How long did your school's headstart/orientation last? How are you all preparing for next year?

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2020, 09:45:20 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

How long did your school's headstart/orientation last? How are you all preparing for next year?
Hey Snow Leopard! Our transition lasts 2 weeks (ending this week and then summer hols!!!) where we jumped into work! I'm planning to just focus on English and Methods until the end of December and then grind the rest of my subjects in January just because those are my tricky subjects and arguably my most important ones. Also doing the other ones make me panic about Dec 30th so I'm sticking to what doesn't make my heart race lol. Honestly, I'm just excited for school to finish so I can celebrate!
What about you? :D
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

unusual_australian

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2020, 06:45:12 am »
+3
Hey everyone,

I finally stumbled upon the VCE journey journal area of the forum - obviously I wasn’t looking very hard. Good to read through and hear some fellow class of 2021 stories and goals.

To answer your question Snow Leopard we had one week of orientation, each class for next year we had x2, 2 1/2 hour sessions. Most teachers seem okay, ranging from good to great however it’s too early to really judge. I’m planning to hopefully finish all assigned homework by Christmas, then perhaps go through and pre-note most of the year after Christmas Day.

Look forward to contributing more here in the future.
Class of 2021:
English:
Further Mathematics:
Economics:
Global Politics:
Religion & Society:

‘Perseverance Conquers All’

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2021, 02:37:19 pm »
+4
hello people

i just made a thread for class of 21 but it already existed! this is why i wear glasses.

anyway can we please make a long thread? how is everyone prepping for year 12?
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

unusual_australian

• Adventurer
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2021, 03:36:14 pm »
+3
hello people

i just made a thread for class of 21 but it already existed! this is why i wear glasses.

anyway can we please make a long thread? how is everyone prepping for year 12?

It’s going along okay for me, I think. I initially had very grand plans of going super ahead, doing many practice exams, spending much time each day doing work. In the end, I’m just doing what needs to be done before the year starts, and if time allows, complete a bit extra. How about you ‘dedformed’?
Class of 2021:
English:
Further Mathematics:
Economics:
Global Politics:
Religion & Society:

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2021, 08:38:47 pm »
+4
It’s going along okay for me, I think. I initially had very grand plans of going super ahead, doing many practice exams, spending much time each day doing work. In the end, I’m just doing what needs to be done before the year starts, and if time allows, complete a bit extra. How about you ‘dedformed’?

thanks for asking bean, I'm doing okay:) I do have a VCE journal if you're into reading long winded rants but tl;dr: same.

All my high school years I ditched holiday productivity, "leaving it for y12 cuz that's what's important" but I didn't get anything more than my holiday homework done. This is partly because I couldn't be bothered and partly because I didn't see a point in going ahead anymore. I did some getting ahead for Term 3 in Year 11, but reflecting on it, class just got super boring after that and my grades were still consistent with the rest of the year. At this point I'm chilling so I can get a fresh start for Term 1.

I'm super excited to get things rolling and finally finish (read: escape) school.

random but because you mentioned my username I realised it can be read as "ded formed" instead of "ded-for-med" lol. A Anyway, people call me Penelope on here because of my journal:) Good luck with term 1
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

unusual_australian

• Adventurer
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »
+1

thanks for asking bean, I'm doing okay:) I do have a VCE journal if you're into reading long winded rants but tl;dr: same.

All my high school years I ditched holiday productivity, "leaving it for y12 cuz that's what's important" but I didn't get anything more than my holiday homework done. This is partly because I couldn't be bothered and partly because I didn't see a point in going ahead anymore. I did some getting ahead for Term 3 in Year 11, but reflecting on it, class just got super boring after that and my grades were still consistent with the rest of the year. At this point I'm chilling so I can get a fresh start for Term 1.

I'm super excited to get things rolling and finally finish (read: escape) school.

random but because you mentioned my username I realised it can be read as "ded formed" instead of "ded-for-med" lol. A Anyway, people call me Penelope on here because of my journal:) Good luck with term 1

lol. Yeah, I was trying to find a name to ask you a question with. The name makes much more sense now. Good to know, Penelope. Good Luck also.
Class of 2021:
English:
Further Mathematics:
Economics:
Global Politics:
Religion & Society:

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2021, 09:08:11 pm »
+6
The last first day of school is approaching for a lot of us! All the best everyone! Time will fly by. :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash