Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:04 am

Author Topic: Rules for this subforum  (Read 11081 times)  Share 

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Rules for this subforum
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »
Rules and requirements for selling something in this forum are relatively simple

1. AN is not responsible for the transactions taking place. If you don't get what you paid for, then that's between you and the person selling it. If you can provide us with evidence, we will do our best to help you and to ban scammers, but we will not guarantee your transaction.

2. Unless your thread is an auction, ALL items must have a price attached.
2a. Clarification of this - you must clearly indicate what items you have for sale and what prices you're asking. Unclear threads such as "methods resources for sale, ask" are not allowed
2b. You must be open and honest with your potential buyers. Full disclosure is required.

3. Any item/items/package deal worth more than $30 must have a photo attached to demonstrate quality etc.

4. You may only have one thread on this board, regardless of number of items or subjects. You may not attempt to sell them in multiple threads for greater publicity. You also may not post in other threads undercutting other people's prices.

5. If you're selling "for a friend" then you take full responsibility. If the item doesn't get sold, or if the deal goes bad, you're getting banned.

6. Nothing illegal
6a. Digital content that is copyrighted that you do not have a license to sell is illegal. If you want to sell digital material created by someone else then you need written permission from them to sell it.
6b. Selling commercial practice exams, whether in hard or digital copy, is not allowed

7. You may only make subsequent posts in your thread to bump it if:
- You are replying to someone else who had posted in your thread
- You making significant changes to the items available/prices
- At least one month has passed since the last post in your thread
Posts that do not meet this criteria will be deleted.

8. If you are having an auction where people bid, you must post a clear starting bid and an end date (you can post a required bid increment if you wish). You must sell to the highest bid, even if you think it's worth more. That's the risk you take in an auction. If you wish to have a hidden reserve, you must PM me telling me what it is, prior to the auction starting.
8a. Conversely, if you bid on an item you are obligated to buy it, unless you can negotiate with the seller to retract your bid.

9. Since this area of the forum involves real money, we will likely jump straight to a ban in case of infractions

10. Titles should be of an appropriate standard to match the rest of the forum's titles. Don't make your thread title annoying, grossly superfluous or of a low quality. So, don't do things like "#$%^&*I AM SELLING ALL OF MY THINGS^(&*%^$&*(^%" or things like "OH MY GOD HAHAHA just kidding, buy my things!"
Recommended format would be something like "Selling: Further, Methods, English Resources. Pics included."

11. If you want to use your scores/ATAR to advertise your items, you need to be clear about what those scores are for and whether they are raw or scaled.

If your thread is in violation of these rules, it will be deleted or modified at mod discretion.

Guidelines and advice

1. Play it safe, try to avoid sending paypal "gifts" (they're not recoverable). Make sure you can trust the person if you're selling first. If you're buying, especially in person take the time to check that everything is there before paying someone the cash. If you have been scammed feel free to send a natmod or admin a message and we will do our best to chase things up, but there is only so much we can do.

2. Make sure you know what your stuff is worth (roughly). Don't try and sell second hand goods for RRP. Also don't cut the price too much. Check gumtree, ebay, other threads etc.

Threads in this board must also follow the forum wide rules.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:45:50 pm by PhoenixxFire »

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
Re: Rules for this subforum
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:45:00 pm »
Removed limitation on new accounts selling

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:43 pm »
Bumping this to remind people of the rules, I've binned a few threads for not following these (mostly the pictures for expensive items rule).

If your thread was binned, feel free to repost it an updated version

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »
And bumping this again to alert people to the new rule of:

10. Titles should be of an appropriate standard to match the rest of the forum's titles. Don't make your thread title annoying, grossly superfluous or of a low quality. So, don't do things like "#$%^&*I AM SELLING ALL OF MY THINGS^(&*%^$&*(^%" or things like "OH MY GOD HAHAHA just kidding, buy my things!"
Recommended format would be something like "Selling: Further, Methods, English Resources. Pics included."
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »
Bumping to both remind of the rules and alert to a new rule (4a)

ninwa

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 01:25:28 am »
Bump for new rule

6b. Selling commercial practice exams, whether in hard or digital copy, is not allowed
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

ninwa

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »
BUMP

PLEASE read these before you post. I'm going to just start deleting threads without warning
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »
Bump and added clarification (rule 2a)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:50:42 pm »
BUMP: All transactions MUST be done via the sale thread until a buyer is identified and has posted. The exchange of personal information clearly has to be done via a private medium such as PM, but to help us keep track of things in case the sale doesn't go to plan, it's important everyone follows this.

Another reminder that AN will not take responsibility for any scams that occur. It is your responsibility to document things throughout the transaction. If you do get scammed for whatever reason and you have this documentation, PM a national moderator (see: ATAR Notes Leadership Team).

Any future posts that even hint the idea of 'PM to buy' etc. will be automatically removed. This is to ensure we can safeguard our users to the best of our ability, at least.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:52:42 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 01:44:13 am »
BUMP (a few notices):

Images of your product(s)
If any item you attempt to sell is $30 or more, you MUST include at least one image to demonstrate quality etc.

Full disclosure & sale of electronic materials
A reminder that if you are selling something, you must be transparent with your potential buyers. If something you originally bought was part of a bundle (e.g. textbook w/ PDF), you must state explicitly what you are selling. If you've used an online code, you are expected to state this (or state you are selling the hard copy only). Buyers have a right to know exactly what they're buying. You must have permission to distribute electronic material such as PDFs as part of a textbook bundle (e.g. copyright considerations, purchased textbook).

As per the original rules, sale of commercial exams is prohibited.

The ATAR Notes team reserves the right to request proof of purchase for those attempting to sell electronic items as part of any sale.

Have had a few threads posted over the past few days that infringe on one or both of these. To save us all time, please make sure that you follow the rules stated in the first post. Thanks all
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:03:15 am by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 03:30:50 pm »
Updated OP to remove restriction on communication via PMs. Please message a mod or use the report to admin button if there's any issues. Added rule requiring that any scores listed in ads clearly state what they're for and if they're raw/scaled.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra