Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:41:18 pm

Author Topic: best biology videos to watch to help understand concepts  (Read 663 times)  Share 

amanaazim

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
best biology videos to watch to help understand concepts
« on: March 28, 2020, 10:22:35 pm »
Hey guys just wanted to ask if you know good biology videos to help understand content please mention them in the comment section below

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: best biology videos to watch to help understand concepts
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38:12 pm »
+4
I'd recommend crash course on youtube if you are just starting a concept and want a basic and fun overview of it. Their videos are informative, but aren't boring. They also have videos for many other subjects, which you can check out too! Specifically for biology, I definitely recommend checking out the amoeba sisters. They're funny and make very entertaining videos that I enjoy watching in my free time, and cover topics explicitly in the VCE biology course. In a similar line, I definitely recommend Douchy's biology podcasts by Andrew Douch, which if you search on google will come up. If you're bored on the bus or train to school (doesn't apply now) or even in the car, you can listen to his podcasts, which are tailored to the current VCE biology study design. He spends ample time on many different topics, and many students find him a huge help for biology 3/4. Lastly, the good old-fashioned Khan academy. Yes, the videos may sometimes go deeper than what you need to know, but we are here to learn, not blindly memorise facts just to reproduce on a SAC or exam (I mean, you can do this, but it's more fun to immerse yourself in the content!). Whenever I don't really understand a concept, and this isn't restricted to biology, I turn to Khan academy to see if they can help (which they usually can) or I'll just do a quick google search to read a few articles until I understand the concept. Often, going in-depth is necessary if you really want to understand the nuances of a topic that you simply cannot learn if you only adhere to the study design. It's really good to gain this knowledge, even though it isn't necessary to know, because it'll help understand the why or how behind the particular topic you are learning.

Hope this helped!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

amanaazim

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: best biology videos to watch to help understand concepts
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 02:10:12 pm »
thank you so much whys for helping me figure what videos to watch but just one think i'm watching edrolo right now and it is by andrew dough and since i'm a beginner in biology i really don't get it when he mixes concepts together like example he is explaining the atp cycle why is he mixing simple diffusion into this so it's confusing me. This makes me overwhelmed and i don't know where to begin in biology like writing my notes and stuff to practice for my sac