Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:01:44 am

Author Topic: Question about SACs  (Read 4019 times)  Share 

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Question about SACs
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:05:58 pm »
Hey is anyone else here on AN doing VET IT this year?

I am wondering how your teacher is doing the SACs.

My teacher just emailed the SACs to us and told us to complete them and get them back to him, under no sort of exam conditions.

Is this how this subject does SACs or does my teacher just do it really badly?
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

TheBamboozler

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Question about SACs
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:15:13 pm »
+1
That seems a bit weird.
The way my teacher did SACs was we were given a booklet that had tasks on it and had to complete it all in class. Each SAC had around 15 hours that we could use. We would keep track of the hours we've used up and submit a planner indicating when we finished. Our tasks were printed out and put inside of a portfolio as well as emailed to our teacher. I remember asking if we could do it at home but he said VCAA apparently checks if we're doing the correct amount of hours.
This didn't stop people from doing them at home anyway but from what I've been told, there is an expectation that all work be done in class.
VCE:

English [40], Math Methods [34], Psychology [39], Legal Studies [41], VCE VET Information Technology [40]

ATAR: [90.60 I'm so happy!]

Probably software engineering at RMIT

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Re: Question about SACs
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:10:56 am »
+1
That seems a bit weird.
The way my teacher did SACs was we were given a booklet that had tasks on it and had to complete it all in class. Each SAC had around 15 hours that we could use. We would keep track of the hours we've used up and submit a planner indicating when we finished. Our tasks were printed out and put inside of a portfolio as well as emailed to our teacher. I remember asking if we could do it at home but he said VCAA apparently checks if we're doing the correct amount of hours.
This didn't stop people from doing them at home anyway but from what I've been told, there is an expectation that all work be done in class.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond :)

Ok wow. My teacher seems to be breaking a million rules and is getting away with it.

There is a bunch of work/tasks that we had to complete and submit into an online portal.

But the actual SACs he just threw at us pretty much.
And when he has talked about hours he mostly refers to doing stuff in class, as in any time spent in class counts as our time, we don't need to keep a record of it.

We also haven't had anything like a folio. I guess it is what he is doing that is wrong and if discovered VCAA will punish him and not his students (at least that's what I'm hoping.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney