Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 04:19:18 pm

Author Topic: Monash Confusion  (Read 1886 times)  Share 

dualcitizen

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Monash Confusion
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:36:18 pm »
Hi everyone! I received an offer from Monash today but I am just so confused. To begin, I applied through VTAC as a domestic student. My first few preferences went as follows: 1) BCommerce + BCompSci // 2) BCommerce + BInfoTech. The offer I received is was for my second preference, BCommerce + BInfoTech. While I'm extremely thankful for the offer for my second preference, I can't help but want to see if a miracle will happen and I will get an offer for my first preference during the next round of offers. However, that next round of offers is happening at the beginning of Februrary. The deadline to accept my offer is in 7 days. What should I do? Do I need to accept this current offer and wait to accept another offer later on? How does financial liability work? I'm afraid that the moment I click enroll, I'll be financially liable, so I'm hesitant do what my instinct says to do.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash Confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:44:29 pm »
+8
Hi everyone! I received an offer from Monash today but I am just so confused. To begin, I applied through VTAC as a domestic student. My first few preferences went as follows: 1) BCommerce + BCompSci // 2) BCommerce + BInfoTech. The offer I received is was for my second preference, BCommerce + BInfoTech. While I'm extremely thankful for the offer for my second preference, I can't help but want to see if a miracle will happen and I will get an offer for my first preference during the next round of offers. However, that next round of offers is happening at the beginning of Februrary. The deadline to accept my offer is in 7 days. What should I do? Do I need to accept this current offer and wait to accept another offer later on? How does financial liability work? I'm afraid that the moment I click enroll, I'll be financially liable, so I'm hesitant do what my instinct says to do.
congrats on your offer!

Accept your offer before it expires. Even after accepting your offer, you can still get later offers in further rounds.

If you get your first preference in later rounds you can always withdraw from your first round offer.

In terms of finances, there are things called census dates at uni and that is the date in which your enrolment for your units are finalised and you become academically and financially liable. The census date for Monash S1 is March 31 2021. Before the census date you can drop units and you won't incur debt.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:46:47 pm by Sine »

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Monash Confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:35:48 pm »
+1
Assuming things are similar to when I did year 12, accept the offer you get, then rearrange your preferences so the course you have an offer for is at the bottom, and wait for the next round of offers. As Sine said, you have plenty of time with census dates to be able to change courses.