Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:17:29 am

Author Topic: Monash Radiography Second Round  (Read 873 times)  Share 

Alex357

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Monash Radiography Second Round
« on: January 08, 2021, 03:57:39 am »
So I kinda mucked up big time. Someone had told me that students would get more than one offers during the first round and I believed him. That was my completely my fault.

My first preference is medicine which I put there as a pipe dream which I know I won't get offered. The course I know I can get into the Radiography at Monash but now having discovered the one offer per round thing, I'm pretty gutted.

From what I've heard, radiography has a small cohort with about 60-70 people per year and considering most of the offers are made in first round, I'm probably not gonna get offered in the second round cause of my stupid first preference. This is with Monash guarantee btw. What'd you guys think of my chances?

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
Re: Monash Radiography Second Round
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 07:20:12 am »
+5
Hi Alex357,
The way which VTAC offers work is that any preference you put down is considered by the relevant university. So you might put down 8 preferences and you could be technically "accepted" into universities by 5 of them. Then VTAC looks at those 5 offers and sends you only ONE offer (which ever one was highest in your list of preferences).

In other words, putting Medicine first won't have any impact on whether you get offered your second/third preference (unless you get into medicine and if you are sure you won't then it's no big deal). As long as your second highest preference (after your medicine preference/preferences) is Radiography. So if you put Radiography at Monash next and have a high enough ATAR to be considered (with Monash Guarantee, etc) then you're pretty likely to get an offer (the fact that you put med first will make no difference to the way which the university considers you for Radiography).

A problem only arises if you didn't put Monash Radiography on your preferences list at all (or there is a course that you put higher up on your preferences list which you are going to get into). In that case, you will have to simply switch it to a higher position on your preferences after the first round (I'm not sure how likely this course would be to give second round offers so I can't give much information on that, sorry)
Hope that helps a little :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:22:54 am by Chocolatemilkshake »
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash