HSC Stuff > New South Wales Education Discussion

Jamon's State Rank Q+A: April 2nd (7pm - 9pm)

(1/5) > >>

jamonwindeyer:
This Q+A has concluded!
Welcome to Jamon's Q+A!

Some things you might want to know about Jamon:
- Achieved 11th in NSW for Legal Studies
- Got into Encore for his Music 1 Viva Voce
- An insanely high ATAR of 99.80
- Currently studying Electrical Engineering with a Coop Scholarship at UNSW

Jamon is also our Tutesmart Tutor for Mathematics and Physics. Want to be taught by a state ranker every week? Click here to learn more!

To ask a question...
1. If you haven't already, register for an ATAR Notes account by clicking here!
2. Scroll down to the Quick Reply window at the bottom of this page
3. Type your reply and click Post!

jamonwindeyer:
Q+A is open! Have at it fam ;D

pcjenkins:
Hey Jamon!  Just wondering if you have any tips for understanding and studying physics concepts. I know its a pretty general question but if you have any methods that worked for you most of the time or even for a particular concept specifically I would love to know!! I love your lectures btw!

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: pcjenkins on April 02, 2019, 07:13:16 pm ---Hey Jamon!  Just wondering if you have any tips for understanding and studying physics concepts. I know its a pretty general question but if you have any methods that worked for you most of the time or even for a particular concept specifically I would love to know!! I love your lectures btw!

--- End quote ---

Hey there, welcome to the forums!!

Super tough question tbh, but I totally get it, because this new syllabus particularly has some really messy concepts in it.

In terms of understanding the content, just try and absorb it in as many different ways as you can. The great thing about this new syllabus is that it is more uni-ready, meaning there are way more videos/resources available for it online. Google your questions, watch videos, ask us here on the forums in our Physics Q+A, etc. The more ways you hear it the more likely it will stick. If you feel super confident, explaining it to others will add new layers to your understanding! I did this all the time - For a little while I even recorded little explanatory videos for my own revision later. I love this, but never managed to sustain it - You might have better luck ;D

In terms of study, it's all about the jargon. Key words are the secret to a Band 6. So, I'd make palm cards with all the key terminology on one side, with definitions/formulas/diagrams on the other. Remembering the key words is 90% of the battle in a science subject; once you've done that chances are you've absorbed most of the content! On top of the palm cards, you could also make yourself worksheets - And no study routine is totally complete without a hefty serve of practice papers/textbook chapter reviews :)

So glad you enjoy the lectures! Coming to our next set in a few weeks?? (you can reply to me by hitting the 'Quote' button to the top right of this post ;D)

r1ckworthy:
Whassup, Jamon?? Hope you've been well!!!

How did you go about memorising for legal? Don't do legal, but I know there's a whole lot of stuff to memorise. Did you just review everyday, or employed specific techniques that really aided with memorisation??

Thanks! ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version