Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 05:13:03 am

Author Topic: Can I still get 45+ SS raw ??  (Read 1332 times)  Share 

enk8174

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I still get 45+ SS raw ??
« on: October 17, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »
So I had my oral exam today and although I was happy with all of my gc, my detailed study was a complete mess. The assessors didn't follow any of my 3 key points and didn't take any leads that I gave them. They also asked me questions that was irrelevent to what I have researched. So I feel like I really did bad on the detailed study aspect since all I could do was saying 'I didn't research this but I researched ~~' only to get completely ignored.

At school I am currently Rank 1 and with A+ for all of my sacs. If I really did mess up my detailed study completely, would I still have the change to score over 45 raw?? Any thoughts?

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: Can I still get 45+ SS raw ??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:05:56 pm »
Yes you can, as your detailed study only makes up 50% of your oral, which makes up only 25% of your total exam score, which (to my knowledge) constitutes 50% of your study score, the other 50% being SACs which you've obviously aced. So, assuming that I did the maths correctly, that's about 6% of your study score. As long as the exam goes according to plan there is no reason as to why you can't get over 45.

Also, if your assessors really didn't follow your 3 key points you can lodge a complaint directly to VCAA (although asking seemingly irrelevant questions and not taking leads are allowed). If you feel that it was really detrimental towards your final result, then you might want to look into that.
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)