Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:05:49 pm

Author Topic: Re: Academic Reflections Thread  (Read 597 times)  Share 

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
Re: Academic Reflections Thread
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
+2
How would you rate 2018 out of 10?

6/10.

What was your biggest academic accomplishment in 2018?

I would say, finishing the HSC...but that's a bit of a cop-out, so I guess I was really proud of being able to finish BOTH a Hist. Ext. major work (topping the class) and an Ext. 2 Eng. critical major work at the same time. If I could have, I would of loved to do a Textiles major work too  :o I'm a bit crazy like that. Just LOVE pushing myself to the limit.... ;D

If any, what's your biggest academic regret for 2018?

That I couldn't top more subjects. I know this sounds really bad but I felt sad that even though I came first in two subjects, this meant all my other ranks were mediocre and I wasn't happy with this even though it was well-rounded.

If you had your time again, what would you change from 2018?

Big breathe...Cliché is about to hit y'all reallll HARD....I wouldn't change a thing. Because I couldn't and also because I know I did try my best and enjoy the journey along the way. Despite its stresses, I felt closer and more bonded to my friends than ever before, because we were all going through the same struggle.

I'm also super perky and optimistic so while one of my best friends (who is super funny, sarcastic and all-round a fabulous gal) said "we were all being depressed together" I preferred to remind her that we were actually "picking each other up along the way."

What's your funniest story/moment from school/uni in 2018?

HSC doesn't really have its funny moments. Sorry to burst your bubble. But there were plenty of nervous laughs before exams, laughing-before-bursting-into-tears situations inside the girl's toilets and also, a class clown who would crack us all up.

I may be a bit harsh on class clowns, being the typical nerdy girl who loves to learn, but I do love them when they make the class happy during sad moments.  ;)

Were your exams as expected?

Some were, some weren't. Actually, most were! Which I was super grateful about. No crazy questions. Everyone hated the English paper this year but...I kind of liked the twists they gave? I'm weird like that, please ignore me now.

What's your best advice for younger year levels studying in 2019?

High school is hard but it's not impossible. Keep good friends this coming year and make sure you are loving yourself (be healthy, happy and holy). And you don't always have to keep it together. It's ok to let someone else see you cry once in a while. Tears are good.  :)

Outside of school/uni, what were the best and worst parts of 2018?

Outside of the HSC, the worst part was that my barely existent social life turned non-existent. At least I got to see my friends in the exam room right?  ::) Wrong. SO wrong. I saw one of my friends about to break down in tears when she saw the question. I knew she had just frozen. I had to look away from her and concentrate on my own paper cause I felt so bad for her.

Outside of the HSC, the best parts were my 18th (which was amazing thank you mum and dad  :-*) and my friend's 18th and a nice bonfire I went to with a couple of friends. GOodbye, past papers!

ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats