Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:39:46 pm

Author Topic: Is it possible to get an 93+ ATAR?  (Read 2383 times)  Share 

Onekeeper

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Is it possible to get an 93+ ATAR?
« on: April 09, 2018, 02:13:33 pm »
Having only recently revaluated my plans after high school, the course I have now selected to do has an ATAR of 93+ (dependent on other requirements).
I did alright in the last exams scoring, (although I don't have ranks, it was 80%+ for all exams) although I messed up one test scoring 70%. Currently doing my half yearlies, I have worked exceptionally hard to raise my marks and they are coming back higher than last time but still not exceptional. I realise that weightings increase and can change, but have I ruined my chances so far.
As I realise that there is not a huge amount of detail available from this year, here are my preliminary ranks:

Biology: 1/65
Chem: 7/42
Adv Eng: 14/113
Ext Eng: 9/21
Maths: 47/71
Music 2: 6//10

I have also picked up Music Ext. and English Ext. 2 for my HSC.

Thanks for any info!!  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:18:30 pm by Onekeeper »
HSC 2018: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Advanced English, English Extension 1, Music 2, Music Extension

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Is it possible to get an 93+ ATAR?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:38:52 pm »
+2
Having only recently revaluated my plans after high school, the course I have now selected to do has an ATAR of 93+ (dependent on other requirements).
I did alright in the last exams scoring, (although I don't have ranks, it was 80%+ for all exams) although I messed up one test scoring 70%. Currently doing my half yearlies, I have worked exceptionally hard to raise my marks and they are coming back higher than last time but still not exceptional. I realise that weightings increase and can change, but have I ruined my chances so far.
As I realise that there is not a huge amount of detail available from this year, here are my preliminary ranks:

Biology: 1/65
Chem: 7/42
Adv Eng: 14/113
Ext Eng: 9/21
Maths: 47/71
Music 2: 6//10

I have also picked up Music Ext. and English Ext. 2 for my HSC.

Thanks for any info!!  :)

Hey! Welcome to the forums :)

You can absolutely still get a 93+ ATAR, or a 95+, or a 99+. You aren't ever locked out of any ATAR, that's not how it works. If you work really hard (and it sounds like you are) then 93 is well within reach ;D

This guide might be worth a read if you want to know how everything works! Best of luck ;D

Onekeeper

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 08:18:35 pm »
Hey! Welcome to the forums :)

You can absolutely still get a 93+ ATAR, or a 95+, or a 99+. You aren't ever locked out of any ATAR, that's not how it works. If you work really hard (and it sounds like you are) then 93 is well within reach ;D

This guide might be worth a read if you want to know how everything works! Best of luck ;D

Awesome, thank you so much!  :)
HSC 2018: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Advanced English, English Extension 1, Music 2, Music Extension

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:02 pm »
+2
Hey, Onekeeper.

Just adding onto Jamon's comment, now may not be the best time to be asking whether a certain ATAR is possible. There's still so much more to go that will determine your overall strength, and one mark now means nothing in the end. Heck, the marks you get back aren't the best indication to how you strong you really are.

What you just need to focus on right now is keeping up with your work and making sure you aren't falling away with your marks; don't worry about what ATAR you think you're going to get, because chances are: you'll surprise yourself in the end. Keep it up; you're almost there and then a 4 month holiday :))

Onekeeper

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:57 pm »
+1
Hey, Onekeeper.

Just adding onto Jamon's comment, now may not be the best time to be asking whether a certain ATAR is possible. There's still so much more to go that will determine your overall strength, and one mark now means nothing in the end. Heck, the marks you get back aren't the best indication to how you strong you really are.

What you just need to focus on right now is keeping up with your work and making sure you aren't falling away with your marks; don't worry about what ATAR you think you're going to get, because chances are: you'll surprise yourself in the end. Keep it up; you're almost there and then a 4 month holiday :))

Great advice, thanks mate! :)