Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:09:13 pm

Author Topic: Advice Request Biology 3/4  (Read 1119 times)  Share 

hihellohi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Advice Request Biology 3/4
« on: January 24, 2021, 12:47:16 pm »
Hi :)
I'm doing 3/4 Biology this year and I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to approach this subject?

I've also been looking for tutors so I would be very grateful to receive some recommendations.

I've started reading the Pearson textbook and attempting some practice SACs and exams.

Thank you  :) :)

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: Advice Request Biology 3/4
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:10:45 pm »
+6
Hi :)
I'm doing 3/4 Biology this year and I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to approach this subject?

I've also been looking for tutors so I would be very grateful to receive some recommendations.

I've started reading the Pearson textbook and attempting some practice SACs and exams.

Thank you  :) :)
Hey hihellohi and welcome to the forums!

There most certainly is plenty of great advice floating around the forums. Quite a few users have created guides and have shared their tips on how to succeed which you might be interested in reading. A few of the most recent ones are:
Advice to smash Biology ¾ by smart worker
Conquering VCE Biology - getting a 50 in year 11 by chocolate milkshake
Guide to VCE Biology (50) by makram
VCE Biology advice by Owlbird83
Surviving and Succeeding in Biology by EllingtonFeint

In addition to this there heaps of other advice and wisdom you can find in this thread here which contains links to plenty of other guides, threads and resources

In terms of tutors, I haven't much experience with them so I am not the best at giving advice, but I can say that tutoring is certainly not necessary. If you think you need or would benefit from more help going through content and over questions with someone then you can for sure look for a tutor - but don't think that it is necessary to doing well in biology - its very much a personal thing.

Hopefully you can find plenty of great advice reading through what I have linked, but if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask them here!
Good luck with Bio this year and I am looking forward to seeing you around the forums!
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point