Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:09:14 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 58711 times)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2020, 09:53:58 pm »
+6
Yo I believe in you! You can get a 90+ and get in Paramedicine at Monash.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2020, 10:08:20 am »
+11
Update: One more week

Song of the Week
Stolen from ashmi hehe - I couldn't decide which one so here's 2!!
Extra curricular
Okay first list item: rona.
My party has been postponed. Not mad. Know its necessary but at the same time, i feel like i can't have a party in the hols before exams. so that leaves me waiting until summer. ie. Late Dec early Jan. which is lowkey annoying cause that's like 6 months away. I also really feel for my friend who was gonna have his party the weekend after mine and he'd already had to postpone it his bday was in APRIL. Kinda sad that we cant go out drinking three weekends in a row w/o (point isn't getting drunk all hols more going out and hanging with everyone and not feeling guilty) feeling like we should be studying but oh well. But like also its not nesscecarily a bad thing that i cant get on the beers for 3 Saturdays in a row cause like revisions and getting ahead and re reading English texts you know??? overall not that mad.

next agenda item: Ambulance Victoria
I expressed my interest on Thursday and like im supposed to get an email back in 21 days and boy can i tell you, these days are going slowly!

3. ses
Had face to face training which was SO GOOD. but that prolly wont happen again anytime soon due to restrictions going back on which is sad and sucks and like training is kinda necessary being an emergency service.

4. Work
Still no work - pool is open but like im not rostered on cause I am more experienced at Swim teaching then lifeguarding so the more experienced (and ones that have to pay rent) lifeguards are getting shifts first. I'm 18 now so like hopefully I can get jobkeeper again. I don't NEED it but it would really help me not to stress about moving down to Melbourne to study because atm all the money i have is going to be going towards a car and if i get into uni i need accommodation and fuel and to buy the stuff i need for uni.

final item - P's
My local vicroads only has a backlog of 1 month (apparently) so its estimated that in 2 - 3 months I'll be able to go for my p's, plus i can apply for an exception and get put on the priority list because i have to travel anywhere btwn 20 - 45 minutes to get to work and if i get into ambulance Vic, then ill have to travel anywhere btwn 30 min - 1.5 hours depending on where i get assigned to. I need a few (4 or 5 i think) hours and I'm going to get a few driving lessons a week over the school holidays so i can get my p's asap because you know, travelling for work and shit.

English:
wooo English. i have a creative which is supposed to be 800+ words AND SOI and I've only got 400 and NO SOI and its due on Wednesday. I've only got 2 more classes to do it eek! Imagine trying to get and A+ hahaha what a clown. Wish me luck.
Also mad that the year 12 eng teachers are useless if giving feedback - they gave us a talk saying "if u put in the effort to do praccy essays we'll put in the effort to mark them and give you feedback" and so I've handed in essays. and nothing. not even acknowledgement. so i think im just going to have to be annoying and ask them every class if they've had a chance to look at it. Also going to go to Monday study club every week and use that as a chance to get essay feedback. ie. hi English teach can you read over this and give me pointers? and then cause its right there and then maybe ill get feedback?? Also think im going to have to ask my year 7, 9 and 11 teachers if she would mind having a look over some of my essays if they have the time.

Psychology:
Idek. had a sac a while ago. was an experimental investigation. haven't got results back. don't really care tbh. love the content but the class/teacher is shitting me really glad its almost holidays.

Legal Studies:
got sac results back for civil and I am not happy, to say the least I got 38/50 (76%) which is really bad. The only part I'm happy about is that I got 9/10 on the 10 marker. We've moved onto U4 AOS1 and have gotten through quite a bit of it which is good, I need to keep up to date with my Edrolo notes for this subject and start doing solid revision

Further Maths:
Maths. haha...where do I start? I haven't done a solid study session for maths since the beginning of online learning. I've been doing bare minimum and I have a sac tomorrow and I'm not confident in anything - all the maths flew out of my brain (so much for finishing financial early to get ahead and do loads of revision) So today my plan is to
- Watch Edrolo videos to revise
- All Cambridge Questions Ch 8, 9 & 10
- All Financial Checkpoints
- Neap Smart Study Exam Financial Questions

Biology:
Did U3 AOS2 SAC on Friday, and I think I did really fucking well? I think worst case scenario I lost 1 mark in MC and 6 in Extended response and the best-case scenario would be full marks or like dropping 1 or 2 marks but I don't want to get my hopes up cause I don't wanna be sad. but i think i did very well and the sac itself was very chill apart from when I forgot what the 1st stage of the inflammatory response was (its initiation guys) but i remembered and its fine. The teacher was like oh no we cant move onto U4 in the last week but I'll set you some U4 holiday homework thoooo.

Only a few more days guys, and then its holidays! Phew!! We can do this! 7 more school days!

Exam Timetable
not mad - knew bio and further 1 would be on the same day cause like its been like that for years but at the same time i hate how i have 4 exams in week 1, 1 in week 2 and 1 in week 3. i dont understand why vcaa clumps popular subjects together but whatever

Study Scores
Dream Scores
English - 42
Further - 50
Bio - 50
Psych - 48
Legal - 48
ATAR: 99.15

Slightly More Realistic Dream Scores
If theres one thing i know is that i want really good scores in Eng, Math and Bio
English - 40
Further - 45
Bio - 50
Psych - 35
Legal - 35
ATAR: 94.45

The most realistic scores that you'll ever see in my journal
English - 32
Further - 40
Bio - 45
Psych - 30
Legal - 30
ATAR: 82.70

Yo I believe in you! You can get a 90+ and get in Paramedicine at Monash.

Thank you TD!!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:57:54 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2020, 10:50:34 am »
+6
Hey J_Rho! ;D

(OMG it's another update!!)

(I absolutely love the song of the week choices it's SOOOO good! This was the first thing I've listen to this morning and I love it! ;D)
It sounds like there is so much going on in extracurricular wise (Whoop whoop go gets those P's queen! You are like a total inspiration with the amount you do outside of school)

First off, you can 100% get that A+ for English. I absolutely believe in you and can totally understand the feedback problem. Also, 9/10 for a 10 marker in Legal? THAT'S AMAZING!! Further Maths Financial unit can be a killer sometimes. It's hard to get your head around it at first, but once you do it can become really easy. (If you need help gimme a buzz). Also, congrats on doing so well in Bio! That's an achievement on its own and take some time to celebrate :D.

Loving the dream study scores and I completely believe in you that you can achieve them! You are super hard working and just an overall determined person and you can get there :D. Thanks for the update J_Rho and I'm really looking forward to another one in the future💖.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »
+9
Update:End of Term & SAC Reflections

Song of the Week
more sofi tukker songs, i just want to share all their songs with you they are so good, I love how they create the boppiest tunes and sing in so many different languages, the 2nd song repeats the title of the song more than a few times so if you dont like it, i would refrain from watching it

English:
I have decided i need to be annoying as fuck in order to get essay feedback. so yep imma write essays and nicely demand they mark them. I finished my creative yesterday and I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out! For holiday homework we were assigned to read the texts but i also want to watch the edrolo videos for the texts and re-read the lieutenant because i think thats the one im going to do in the exam?

Psychology:
Still waiting on sac results - going to do chapter 9 over the holidays

Legal Studies:
Over the holidays I want to finish U4 AOS1 and start revising for the August SAC

Further Maths:
Bruh i think i did so bad! They said they made both parts of the sac so it would be too hard to finish the whole thing in the allotted time but i thought it was an exaggeration but NO i at least lost 8 marks from not being able to finish each part in the allotted time. I'm terrified of getting my results :'(
Over the holidays I'm going to do the edrolo matrices work and maybe if i have the time/energy start of textbook questions. I also need to send my teacher photos of my financial textbook exercises tomorrow so i can get an S as I'm not at school tomorrow (Yay for doing my RSA by Zoom)

Biology:
Okay so turns out I lost 4 marks on the SAC, I'm really happy but at the same time annoyed for not scoring higher - does anyone elses feel this/ Like being very happy with a mark but being disappointed in the mark too?. Idk where I lost the marks, but okay 93% average wooooooork and idk anyone elses marks so IDK where im ranked...we'll see! Im going to finish Unit 4 over the hols and start on some practice exams because boy this is my second year doing it and if i dont get a 50 imma punch a b***hbe sad

I've been writing up an exam revision timetable (starting Monday) and pencilling in topics i need to revise and essays im going to write. I know if i dont start now im going to put it off untill its 'too late'

Hey J_Rho! ;D

(OMG it's another update!!)

(I absolutely love the song of the week choices it's SOOOO good! This was the first thing I've listen to this morning and I love it! ;D)
It sounds like there is so much going on in extracurricular wise (Whoop whoop go gets those P's queen! You are like a total inspiration with the amount you do outside of school)

First off, you can 100% get that A+ for English. I absolutely believe in you and can totally understand the feedback problem. Also, 9/10 for a 10 marker in Legal? THAT'S AMAZING!! Further Maths Financial unit can be a killer sometimes. It's hard to get your head around it at first, but once you do it can become really easy. (If you need help gimme a buzz). Also, congrats on doing so well in Bio! That's an achievement on its own and take some time to celebrate :D.
Loving the dream study scores and I completely believe in you that you can achieve them! You are super hard working and just an overall determined person and you can get there :D. Thanks for the update J_Rho and I'm really looking forward to another one in the future💖.
OMG THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY ❤️ it means so much especially coming from you! I love reading your journal
I hope i can go for my p's soon - Exemptions no longer make you a 'priority' so im a tiny bit stressed but hopefully VicRoads will sort everything out and start testing people again. Hope you enjoy your evening ashmi!
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
+12
Update:Holidaaaaaays

Alright so basically I really haven't done much holiday homework, Sat-Mon was chilling and the I went and looked at a car on Wednesday and then yesterday I got a little bit done, and then I had SES training. I also found myself a car for 1.5 grand and my mechanic friend said that he'd look over it and fix any minor issues (he can't see really any issues at all (its in flawless condition for a 20-year-old car) which is good) and then send it off for roadworthy. I think its a total steal because it's in near perfect condition and if it passed roadworthy it's only going to cost me just shy of 3 grand which is amazing considering I was going to go buy a 5 grand car this weekend!

English:
I've not done much for this subject yet. I've watched The Queen twice, but am yet to finish Ransom - I need to do that ASAP!!
To do
- read and annotate ransom
- theme posters!
- metalanguage posters

Psychology:
I caaaaaanot be bothered with this at all. At all. I just need to get through the set holiday homework, and it'll be fine but i cannot find the energy for this subject atm.
- Edrolo chapter 9

Legal Studies:
hahahahahahaha. Ive done nothing. on the horizon i see nothing. i really need to knuckle down.
- u4 aos1 edrolo

Further Maths:
I haven't started matrices but im slowly making my way through the list of things i need to do.
- matricies edrolo

Biology:
Probably the only subject I've done work for haha!
-unit4 notes
- 1x practice exam
— VCE —

— University —

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2020, 10:01:20 pm »
+5
What a steel! That's awesome that you found a such a gem of a car! Do you mind if I ask the colour?
So far you have done alot more than me, so that's great that you have been able to get stuff done.
How is SES training? I'd imagine it would be very demanding and quite labor intensive.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays and I hope you get everything you want to get done!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2020, 02:05:57 pm »
+8
What a steal! That's awesome that you found a such a gem of a car! Do you mind if I ask the colour?
So far you have done alot more than me, so that's great that you have been able to get stuff done.
How is SES training? I'd imagine it would be very demanding and quite labor intensive.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays and I hope you get everything you want to get done!
It's like that weird beige (also kinda grey) colour...its definitely not an amazing colour but its not horrible! Im actually so happy though because I'm currently not working and I wanted to spend as little as possible, it looks like the planets lined up haha!
Spoiler
Was going to say just google 2000 Mazda 323 but like i had to look up an image to actually figure out what the colour might even be called cause i refer to all beige cars as "pee-colour" but that's not really and accurate description lmaoooo
SES training can definitely be demanding and labour intensive but it's always enjoyable! From doing temporary roof repairs during a storm, to using the jaws of life to doing search and rescue to cutting up trees across highways, you can imagine how demanding it can be but there also so much we do that isn't as labour intensive. You could work in the incident command point on the radios to ESTA and the crews out in the field, or being ground crew helping the roof crew into their harnesses and setting up the system, or being a crew leader or incident commander and tracking the crews progress. Its all very fun and i love everyone I work with, they're honesty like my second family!
I hope you get everything you want to get done too!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:07:31 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2020, 09:31:05 am »
+12
Update: It's been 22 days since the last one, and I've spent 10 of those days trying to write this

TW: This update is a hot mess, I'm very proud if you can understand what I wrote

P's
Okay so... I passed my hazards on Thursday and my drive test is booked in for Friday...lowkey stressing. If you have your P’s, let me know ur experiences in the drive test!! I’m excited to have a little more freedom and be able to have better chances finding work. My logbooks been ticked off but like I’m going to ask mum if I can drive to school and ses because I got most of my hours driving on long county roads (it's an hour drive to get to a Kmart/Officeworks and a 30 minute trip to a Big W/Priceline) and I’m not as confident in town as my mum drives an suv and there are really bad blind spots so i want some more practice in busier traffic considering im taking my test at 8 in the morning, yay for school zones. My car is going in for a roady end of next week, but hopefully the mechanics have a cancellation so I can get it done earlier (perks of knowing people ina small town). Even with roady, insurance, rego and buying the car it shouldnt cost me more than 3 grand straight up which is like not even half my savings and then hopefully i can get another job which will relieve the stress of fuel and other car payments making me broke. Im keeeeeeen as fuuuuuck now to make sure I pass my test eek!

Work
I’ve applied to like 10 places for jobs through Seek (mainly in aged care homes, and casual sales rep jobs), and now I’m waiting for the employers to view them. Hopefully i get one of the jobs!!
I also applied for a KFC manager position in the next town across and I’ve got an interview on Wednesday- not the ideal job but it pays well and fast food isnt bad, it's generally only the people that are. Also waiting for my coordinator to send me a copy of my RSA so I can apply at ALDI.

Random Stuff
OOOOOOO also - I got a gorgeous oil diffuser for my birthday and is so cute on my desk and I got a new fluffy blanket for my bed and so im keen to tidy my room and make it look gorgeous. I may have splurged and used some of my tax return and bought a new fitbit (my old one died) and it is cute as and i love that you can use alexa to respond to texts….school phone ban giiiirl who cares about that? Me? Spending money even tho i’m not earning money? Nooooo….. I also cleaned out me room and realise most of my clothes either don't fit me or are ratty and gross because i havent bought clothes in a hot minute. im like keen but not keen about buying new clothes cause like i’ve got no income but like i really need clothes! I also need headphones...and a ruler and some pens from officeworks...and skincare products cause im running out...and buy mum a tank of fuel cause shes driving me half an hour to get to my job interview on Wednesday. YAY EXPENSES!

Stationary Struggles
My folders and looseleaf really arent working for me - I never liked loseleaf and folders but like i was like no it's fine is called orGanIsAtioN. But it's just really not working baha, so im going back to exercise books and document wallets. Only issue is that im going to want to write all my notes into the new books which I really don't have the time for considering the english exam is in like 100 days or something! 100% stresing out! I havent finished the courses for most of my subjects! I’ve 100% fell into the rabbit hole of not doing much at all and I NEED to pick myself back up again, I honestly don't think I’ve done a solid study session in a week!

Beyond 2020
Im also now looking at uni accommodation scholarships because my step dad is hella toxic. I wish i didn't feel like i was being forced to move out because being at home is so bad for my mental health becuase i love the rest of my family but no i have to move out and get out of this shithole. So now im stressing about uni accommodation IF i even get in. Like i literally was screamed at for my insta handle being too close to my real name and things i did 7 years ago as a stupid grade 4 who didn't want to get in trouble and it's so stupid and im so over it, but i just hate the feeling of when year 12 is over i just gotta go. And it's stupid to think this way but sometimes like why tf can't i have a ‘normal’ family, or a slightly less dysfunctional one.Like people tell me about their families and shit and and like bitch thats all you are complaining about?

Explanation for my really, really, really, really long update
I have so much on my mind and so much I want to put into this update and my last few ones but I just havent found the energy to set out some time and put pen to paper because i feel like I am such an over planner. I’m like oh no I’m wasting time planning when i could be studying but then i go and procrastinate instead or study but like really half arsed and get not much at all done. I feel like I’m not going to get the atar I want, I just feel like I’m not going to get there because my cohort is so small i have to be rank 1 to get 40+ scores and to be rank 1 i have to be consistently getting 100% I’ll explain that more in a little bit. I want to be able to open my atar and be surprised and to see that I’d exceeded my expectations/goals and Im convinced thats not going to happen because my performance compared to others in my cohort is up there but im definitely not excelling.

English:
Aim: 42
Look my goal is to do my mf best, I want to score as close to a 50 but not below a 42 and i honestly don't know if thats possible, and im not sure im so set on my goal to fork out money for tutoring. I’ve heard tutesmart tutoring isnt text specific and LSG tutoring is $1400 for the rest of the year. It's not a lot of money but it is at the same time. Like that money is like the entirety of my tax return, and I’m not sure that i can justify it given im currently not getting shifts. I have applied to everywhere (all supermarkets, petrol stations, liquor stores, takeaway stores and Mitre 10) I live and i don't have my hopes up because i think everyone is in the same boat and nowhere is hiring. But if i was to be really hopeful and determined maybe i might be able to just scrape my goal. Only issue is i need to be dedicated and persistent things i not that good at. I had a dream that I did a text analysis essay on hamilton and i didn't analyse and just retold the story and i woke up in a cold sweat like giiirrrl what? So weird.

Current grades:
Text analysis - C+
Lang Anaylsis - C
Creative - A+ (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
Rank - idk maybe 20/50 (lots of ppl got C’s and E’s)

Grades aiming for:
Oral thats not an oral: A+
Comparative: B+ or A (this is gonna be on the exam so an A would mean im on the right track to do ing well on the exam with practice..plus it's the hardest essay sooo)

To-Do
Here’s another of my what I’m going to do but fail to do plans…
3 Essays a fortnight (as per my teacher’s recommendation)
Create document with themes, ideas, metalanguage and phrases to incorporate into essays (perhaps create key quote and phrases flashcards)
Watch edrolo
Make posters of metalanguage, themes and quotes

Further Maths:
Aim: 50
Look idk if i can achieve a 50, I think im ranked like ~6th in a cohort of maybe 30? I got 34/40 for data sac and i got 14/20 (i don't know how i did so poorly, it sems to be a trend loosing 6 marks in a sac) for financial and im so so so stressed becuase i only have ONE MORE SAC to bring my rank and average up  I got ahead for finanical and that didn't even work cause i got lazy and i think it really backfired
Honestly as long as is get above a 45 ill be ecstatic but id die if i got a 47 tho.

To-Do
Aiming for 100% in my matricies sac
Watch edrolo videos over holidays
Rewatch edrolo video before it's taught in each class (ie. learning topic 1 watch topic 1 video)
Complete all exercise questions in the class allocated (if not done do them first thing when you get home)
5 - 10 practice questions a week
1 Practice exam a fortnight once matrices has been learnt

Biology:
Aim: 50
I think this could be realistic. Im not happy with my rank ( estimated 3-5/15) but my average is 93% (dropped 5 marks in unit 3 so far) so it's okayish. For unit 4 I’m aiming to drop 0 marks duh but like max 2 marks because like there are people in my class that are absolute guns and this subject is the only one i HAVE to get a 50 in, like this is my 2nd year i GOTTA GO GOTTA GET THE JOB DONE GET THAT 50. Cause theres a few people that have only dropped 2-3 marks this ENTIRE UNIT

To-Do
Holiday homework - Chapter 11
Finish my u4 notes by Mid-Aug
Finish all edrolo questions by end of July
Watch edrolo before class
1 practice exam a fortnight

Psychology:
Aim: 45
I think this is realistic, maybe. I’m ranked in the top 2 or 3 and my average is pretty solid but i’m not vibing with this subject atm. A 45 would be really nice but like im not overly fazed as long as it's not below a 40 or idk 42
As long as all my study scores are 41 or above im happy

To-Do
Holiday homework - Chapter 9
Finish unit 4 by end of august
After u4 is done do 1 praccy exam a fortnight

Legal Studies:
I think the goal that i told my teacher at the start of the year was 44, and I would still love a 44 so i really need to step up my game because I’m super worried that if i don't step up my game in u4 I’ll struggle to get a 40 and thats scary. So this is probably one of the subjects that needs the biggest change in terms of my study. I don't do much in class (the bare minimum) and i often don't complete the homework set and i often cram the night before because i neglect studying and my marks definitely reflect that. I have a lot of work to do to get ANYWHERE close to a 40

To-Do
Holiday homework - U4 AOS1 Edrolo
Finish unit 4 by Mid August
After u4 is done do 1 praccy exam a fortnight

ATAR
Aim: 90+
(id love a 97+ so then id get the highest atar a student from my school has ever gotten but that’s not happening haha) i honestly don't think i can achieve a 90+ ill be lucky is i scrape an 85 aha
I want to do the best I can, as long as ‘the best i can’ either gets me Dux or the Principals award (2nd in place of dux). I mean tbch, I’d be happy not to get dux if i got the highest study score in my classes because im competing against people doing chem, physics, methods and spesh who are more likely to get dux because of how well all those subjects scale. I think a more realistic goal is to get the highest study sore in every class (ie. English Award, Further Maths Award etc etc)

If you got this far, thank you ❤️
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:20:56 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2020, 11:14:57 am »
+6
Hey,

re: student accommodation

A big part of why I wanted a 98+ ATAR was for scholarships for money to help me move out; I can relate with what you're saying here. One thing to keep in mind is that uni accommodation can be very expensive but if you look at sharehousing that's much cheaper. If you can afford it and have never lived out of home before then being on res first year can be good to have that environment to learn living out of home skills and meet people (from what I've heard) but those "calculations" unis show to say that res isn't expensive compared to other accommodation options are trash imo. How expensive res is also differs a lot between unis.  I was extremely frugal but when I was first sharehousing my expenses (rent+ food + myki + bills + everything else) were about $1000 a month, you probably want to assume you'll be spending more than that but it doesn't need to be that much more depending on how you are with budgeting. With your family circumstances you might be able to apply for independent youth allowance (there are two paths here, one where you get someone to write a statement supporting that it's unreasonable to live at home and one where you convince one of centrelink's workers that it's unreasonable for you to live at home) which could help. I know the idea of writing out your circumstances could be daunting when you don't know if they'll accept it but it's worth considering applying.

For me in year 12 I had the vibe of feeling trapped and wanting out but imo this stuff is a complicated and weird mix of relief, guilt, anxiety, hope etc. so if you're having mixed feelings (in what they are and how intense they are) that's normal :)

Good luck with everything!

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:08:55 pm by Bri MT »

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:48 pm »
+11
Update: KFC Interview
My stepdad is not letting me go to my interview even though mum offered to drive me. Dad kicked up a stink and now I can't go. Like i think the fact I applied for a job at kfc of all places explains how little jobs there are around. There are no jobs in my town and the only jobs are ones at aldi and kfc in the next town across. Apparently I "dont need a job" because 4 grand will last me until i move out to go to uni. I argued that this is silly because well having 4 grand to move out is not that feasible let alone a depleted amount for 4 grand. Due to volunteering I'll be spending $50+ a fortnight on fuel, $20 a month on phone bill, $50 a month on skincare (literally just soap a moisturizer so its not like I splurge on stuff), and right now i need stationary and clothes because I didnt really buy stationary at the start of the year and mum hasnt bought me clothes for 4 years and now I've grown out of stuff or its old and disgusting so like i have a fair few expenses that will deplete my savings cause i have no incomeeee. I need a job. Yay for living in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I was more productive in studying when I was working and now that i have all the time in the world I'm getting nothing done cause ill just do it 'later'.  This whole thing is rediclious - and according dad I haven't exhausted my options in our town which is a lie. I've handed my resume into every store even the law firms and the accountants in hope that someone has some job vacancy I can fill.

Like who's to say there will even be jobs in my town in 5 months? And if I'm not getting a job now due to school why would I get one during exams? So i have December - Feb/March to make enough money to move out comfortably (considering uni accommodation is like $1200 a month). Like I'm estimating I'll have $2500 at the end of the year with my bare min expenses like this isnt even accounting for going to parties, buying food, going shopping, replacing things that get broken, or female hygiene products, or things like perfume or makeup. and i explained to mum how frustrated I was feeling and apparently I was taking my anger out on her and attacking her and 'its not like you need a job. if your that broke defer for a year, live here and save' and im like bruh i am not going to stay here longer than i have to like i am sick of my step dads emotional abuse and narssisctic behavior like i know you keep lying to yourself but your husband is what made my depression worse. Even my gp has told you that, im not staying longer than i have to.

Oh well, rant over. Now time to wait for dad to get home so he can yell at me for a few hours because its selfish that i want a job. Everything aside, I hope everyone's weeks are going good so far!
— VCE —

— University —

Arrowboy25

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2020, 08:49:16 pm »
Hey J_Rho

Would really recommend getting a tutor for English. It's a subject where people usually don't do too well and having a tutor maybe be the difference in beating everyone else.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2020, 01:38:26 pm »
+9
Snow Leopard ❄️
Hey J_Rho, I hope you've been doing well and staying safe!
Not sure if this will help, but dodo has mobile plans at $5 a month but with no mobile phone data. I changed from optus to dodo sometime last year but I think they still have some affordable prices: https://www.dodo.com/mobile
Yo Yo SL!!!
OOO I haven't looked at dodo tbch! that $5 plan sounds good as but I do need data for when I turn out with SES. Ill defs look into that! Thank you! How is online learning going for you?
Bri 🐢
A big part of why I wanted a 98+ ATAR was for scholarships for money to help me move out; I can relate with what you're saying here. One thing to keep in mind is that uni accommodation can be very expensive but if you look at sharehousing that's much cheaper. If you can afford it and have never lived out of home before then being on res first year can be good to have that environment to learn living out of home skills and meet people (from what I've heard) but those "calculations" unis show to say that res isn't expensive compared to other accommodation options are trash imo. How expensive res is also differs a lot between unis.  I was extremely frugal but when I was first sharehousing my expenses (rent+ food + myki + bills + everything else) were about $1000 a month, you probably want to assume you'll be spending more than that but it doesn't need to be that much more depending on how you are with budgeting. With your family circumstances you might be able to apply for independent youth allowance (there are two paths here, one where you get someone to write a statement supporting that it's unreasonable to live at home and one where you convince one of centrelink's workers that it's unreasonable for you to live at home) which could help. I know the idea of writing out your circumstances could be daunting when you don't know if they'll accept it but it's worth considering applying.

For me in year 12 I had the vibe of feeling trapped and wanting out but imo this stuff is a complicated and weird mix of relief, guilt, anxiety, hope etc. so if you're having mixed feelings (in what they are and how intense they are) that's normal :)

Good luck with everything!
hey Bri!

Thank you for your insight! I'm quite happy that uni might be online except for prac/tutes s then I don't have to worry about moving juuuuuust yet. I had no idea about that centerlink stuff so that's interesting to know! I already have to write out my circumstances for SEAS so might as well keep it handy for applying for that if i have to.

Update: howdy partner

Since my last update:I have a car, she runs so well and I am stoked because i only spent $2900 ish on it including rego, a spare tyre, a tank of 98 and insurance. in other words the car only cost me like 1.5k My bank account is very happy. I also got the KFC job and am eligible for JobKeeper again including 2 months of back payments. I really dont want to work at KFC, Id much prefer just to go straight back to the pool when they reopen so I'm not sure if I'm accepting the job offer yet especially that the manager is completely ignoring my availabilities. I said multiple times that im at school and cannot get there until 4pm. He said okay interview at 11am, I emailed him back being like hey i cant do that time i cant get there till 4 and he EMAILED ME BACK SAYING "okay 2:30 pm" like IM SORRY WHAT. I'm also applying for a seasonal job with DELWP so who knows I'm all over the shop at the moment. I'm also like a good 2 weeks behind in school stuff - First off, i missed the first week of online learning because i couldn't go to school to get my books because my dad was a close contact with a positive case SECONDLY im so tired and unmotivated and it honestly feels like the teachers are making us do more work then usual which is making it super hard to keep up. I've communicated with my teachers but NO theyre all like "ok whatever" about the not having access to my books etc like Im sorry but I dont have my workbook/textbook/novel here!!!!!!! This isn't my choice!!! OOOOO also I put in my course preferencesssss!!

English:
Aim: 42
Okay so I got an A+ on my creative, but im terrified cause the comparative in in like 2 weeks and I'm NOT PREPARED. I've fallen so slack going back into remote, lost all my motivation, All i want to do is nap and honestly I haven't finished annotating the novel.

To-Do
FINISH ANNOTATING BOOK
3 essays next week (one on Monday and one on Wednesday and one on Sunday)
Create document with themes, ideas, metalanguage and phrases to incorporate into essays (perhaps create key quote and phrases flashcards)
Watch edrolo
Make posters of metalanguage, themes and quotes

Further Maths:
Aim: top of the class
BRUH MY AVERAGE IS SO SHIT. I don't think I can get a 50, and I'm okay with that that requires a lot of skill and luck but as long as I get top of my class Im okay with that

To-Do
Watch edrolo videos
Complete all exercise questions in the class allocated (if not done do them first thing when you get home)
Revise Data and Financial

Biology:
Aim: 47-50
Okay my average is 93% I've dropped 5 marks so far this year I think I might have a chance if I step up my game and actually study before sacs. Next sac is Wednesday  :o

To-Do
CATCH UP!!!
Checkpoints

Psychology:
Bruh i hate this teacher so much. He just talks at you, reading off a powerpoint and gets irritated if you ask 'stupid' questions. The sac is on the 1st

To-Do
Edrolo Catch Up

Legal Studies:
Aim: 40
The last sac was so WACK. it was so hard and I struggled to write enough! I reckon I might have just gotten 70%. Honestly resigned to the fact that this or psych is going to be my 10%

To-Do
Edrolo Catch up
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:52:12 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2020, 01:39:17 pm »
+3
Yay an update! I love your journal so much btw 😁
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »
+5
I also got the KFC job and am eligible for JobKeeper again including 2 months of back payments. I really dont want to work at KFC, Id much prefer just to go straight back to the pool when they reopen so I'm not sure if I'm accepting the job offer yet especially that the manager is completely ignoring my availabilities. I said multiple times that im at school and cannot get there until 4pm. He said okay interview at 11am, I emailed him back being like hey i cant do that time i cant get there till 4 and he EMAILED ME BACK SAYING "okay 2:30 pm" like IM SORRY WHAT.

Ayy first of congrats on getting the job offer! Hopefully, the pool opens for you soon (I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning your rural or regional so hopefully the restrictions ease there eventually.)
Also, I had the exact same problem with my manager at red rooster, I swear some people have trouble comprehending the fact that we still go to school, stop giving me shifts at 2 pm! ( i eventually quit moved to KFC and they gave me shifts that a highschool student can work with). Also good purchase on the car, you got it at a great price!  :D
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2020, 10:17:36 am »
+7
Elle 💫
Yay an update! I love your journal so much btw

I love YOUR journal so much!

Ionic Doc 🐾⚕️
Ayy first of congrats on getting the job offer! Hopefully, the pool opens for you soon (I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning your rural or regional so hopefully the restrictions ease there eventually.)
Also, I had the exact same problem with my manager at red rooster, I swear some people have trouble comprehending the fact that we still go to school, stop giving me shifts at 2 pm! ( i eventually quit and moved to KFC and they gave me shifts that a highschool student can work with). Also good purchase on the car, you got it at a great price!  :D

Thank you!! I'm hopign the pool opens soon but I'm not hopeful.  Oh no! Its sucks how people dont understand how school hours work, I legit got an email from ALDI saying "ty for ur application, please apply again when you can work reasonable hrs" and I was like honestly fair xD

Update: Getting back into routine
Okay soooooooooo i have 2 sacs next week (tuesday - psych; thursday - english) and i havent studied. like not "oh hehe i didnt study (much)" like i actually havent touched any of the work. I havent even finished annotating my english novel. Im so out of motivation like i cant even. My head hurts, im tired and I don't want to do school anymore. Like 2 months till exams is SCARY but at the same time i really dont give a fk
SO imma get into a routine, hopefully it helpsssss.

~ 5am wake up (gotta get my body clock used to it again)
~ Exercise: want to work back up to daily cardio and 4x a week weight training
~ Drink 3L of water
~ Eat 3 meals a day
~ 9pm bedtime
~ 2x 1 hour blocks of study a day

Aside from that I am still trying to catch up on sleep from Thursday (anf fri/sat), which i suspect will not happen considering we are expecting to get another weather event today and on Wednesday each worse than Thursdays. Each weather event usually extends into the next 2-3 days with a handful of jobs that didn't get called in or trees still falling over. The jobs are already coming in today despite the weather event not being predicted to start until late this afternoon. I think we are in for another long one!
If anyones interested, here is an interview my friend did the next morning alongside a few photos we captured (we were too busy to get decent photos :/https://papernews.com.au/stories/region-counts-cost-of-wild-night
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 10:34:56 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —