Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:49:02 am

Author Topic: ATAR Calculators  (Read 1254 times)

Caleb Campion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
ATAR Calculators
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »
Hey all, just a question about ATAR Calculators (they're not 100% accurate  I know, I know), but was wondering say for the Talent 100 atar calculator, or any for that matter, what marks do we put in the 'HSC Mark' spot? Do we put our NESA Reported marks?

So if on my record of achievement or whatever that we get the day before ATARs are released, it has Legal Studies - 95, do I put 95 into the Legal Studies mark spot on the Atar calculator? Or do we put in what we thought our raw average mark was between the exam and school assessment?

Just because I really want to know what sort of ball park I'm looking at in terms of ATAR. Ie, I've been using, since I'm ranked 1st in all my subjects, what percentage I think I got in the external exams thus far. But if I use the alligned mark, they will be much higher, and my ATAR calculation ball park will be much higher? Idk haha do I put in 70 if thats what I think my MX2 raw mark was, or the NESA reported mark, somewhere around 89-90?

fkkiwi

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
Re: ATAR Calculators
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:42:19 pm »
+1
Scaled mark
HSC 2018: | English Advanced (91) | Extension 1 Maths (93) | Extension 2 Maths (86) | Physics (90) | Chemistry (92) | Studies of Religion 1 (47) |  ATAR: 98.70

2019: B. Eng (Hons) (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) / Computer Science @UNSW

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: ATAR Calculators
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:34:20 pm »
+1
Definitely agree with fkkiwi on this - atar calculators are designed for using your scaled HSC marks. Perfect for trying to predict your atar in that awkward day between results release and atar release.  ;)

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with putting in your raw marks, but, like you have said, the results will obviously be quite different.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD