Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:32:25 am

Author Topic: Explain the legal rights and obligations of parents and children  (Read 2286 times)  Share 

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
I don't know how to start my thesis statement with this, like I'm used to those ones starting with assess/evaluate
'Explain the legal rights and obligations of parents and children, including those derived from international law'

any help would be appreciated :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Explain the legal rights and obligations of parents and children
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:58:33 pm »
+2
I don't know how to start my thesis statement with this, like I'm used to those ones starting with assess/evaluate
'Explain the legal rights and obligations of parents and children, including those derived from international law'

any help would be appreciated :)

Hey! Perhaps you could start with something about why such laws are important? Why we need these legal rights and responsibilities in place to protect families? :) a bit of a justification can lead nicely into a layout of your topics - Essays like this suck though, because it's really just asking for facts! Don't worry, a question like this is the HSC is pretty unlikely ;D

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:08:11 am »
Hey! Perhaps you could start with something about why such laws are important? Why we need these legal rights and responsibilities in place to protect families? :) a bit of a justification can lead nicely into a layout of your topics - Essays like this suck though, because it's really just asking for facts! Don't worry, a question like this is the HSC is pretty unlikely ;D

so could I mention something how such laws are important in the event of a family breakdown and how these laws safeguard the rights and obligations for both parents and children?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:17 am »
+2
so could I mention something how such laws are important in the event of a family breakdown and how these laws safeguard the rights and obligations for both parents and children?

Yeah that sounds good! So like, "Family breakdowns are an extremely sensitive issue, and the law needs to protect all parties involved. Let's discuss those safeguards." ;D at least, that's how I'd personally approach it :)

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:08:27 am »
+1
Yeah that sounds good! So like, "Family breakdowns are an extremely sensitive issue, and the law needs to protect all parties involved. Let's discuss those safeguards." ;D at least, that's how I'd personally approach it :)

okay thanks heaps!