Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:53 am

Author Topic: Food Studies Showcase  (Read 4709 times)  Share 

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Food Studies Showcase
« on: January 24, 2020, 08:16:11 pm »
+10
Food Studies Showcase
This amazing little tech subject needs more love, so I thought i'd make a thread where anyone can showcase what they have made. It could be a SAC assignment, part of an assessment or even some of the non-coking tasks.
Anyone in units 1-4, and even participants of food technology pre VCE, feel free to post your tasks or creations here.
(HCS food tech students are always welcome as well!)
So, lets bring some life back into the thread! Can't wait to see everyone's creations!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Geoo

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
Re: Food Studies Showcase
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 05:55:13 pm »
+8
So I know this isn't super exciting or what ever, but we need some action in this thread to kick off the year. This week for 3/4 FS we had to compare to regular biscuits to gluten free biscuits, and regular milk to lactose free milk. The latter of which tastes really weird.... But I found that the gluten free mint slices were actually really nice!

Geoo

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 09:52:07 pm »
+6
So last week in food, we ended up testing different cooking methods to find out which is best. As in, which had the better sensory properties. My choice was roasting. I also ended up choosing carrots as my vegetable of choice to test all of these out. The top one is steamed, the middle is roasted and the bottom is boiled.

Geoo

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 12:41:34 pm »
+7
Wow, I haven't posted on this thread in a while. Anyway, these are the risotto's I made for me recent SAC on geltainisation.
The top one is the modified version where I didn't stir, added cold stock and added lemon juice before the gelatinisation process was completed. The bottom one is the standard version where nothings was changed and the lemon juice was added last. The textures were quite different, and the taste as well.

Geoo

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 08:51:15 pm »
+8
So, I don't know if non food studies people now, but we can't make anything that doesn't fall in line with the ADG's or AGHE. So no sweets, cakes, anything high fat, sodium or sugar.
But my food studies teacher broke that rule and I got to make dough nuts!!!!
I love cinnamon and sugar over icing anyday, so you will have to fight me to change my mind.