Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:15:33 pm

Author Topic: Has anyone’s English SACs impacted their study score hugely?  (Read 798 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Due to circumstances beyong my control (people cheating on Online SACs) my English sac ranking is low. It’s above average but it’s not up there. In unit 4 I am planning to get above 85% but if people cheat on the online sac my ranking will mean nothing :(

With a bad(ish) sac ranking is a 40-45 still possible? I’ve been working on my writing with my teacher and am improving but I don’t know if it’ll be enough. With average SACs WHATS study score will a 48-50/60 yield?

Unit 3 average: 80%
Unit 4 average: 85%
Exam: 48-50/60?

Also if the people that cheated and got 100% and therefore higher rankings do really average on the exam does that mean the sacs will all scale down???
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Has anyone’s English SACs impacted their study score hugely?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 02:46:00 pm »
+2
Unfortunately, the way that the vce system is set up stuff like cheating or teacher's favouring certain students does impact everyone's final study scores.

Sac scores are always important but especially in English where 50% of your study score comes from those marks. Anecdotall,y I have seen students who have scored extremely high exam scores (equivalent to high 40s/50) but end up with mid-40s due to their sacs. On the other hand, people who have done really well on sacs have boosted scores before. E.g. A+ sacs with an A on the exam yielding 40+ scores.

An exam score of 48-50/60 is actually quite good and usually an A+. On the face of it 80%/85% sac scores are not bad in English but it would really depend on what the cohort average is an how strong your cohort is. I think getting low 40s would still be possible with the score you have mentioned.

For your final question, it would depend on how everyone in the cohort does on the exam but it is a possibility.