Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:41:10 am

Author Topic: Wanting To Major in IT, minor in psych and business, possible?  (Read 1242 times)  Share 

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Wanting To Major in IT, minor in psych and business, possible?
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:51:58 pm »
Hello friends, I am wanting to major in information technology and minor in both psych and business, I was just wondering is there anyway that it may be possible (even by increasing my course for another year)?

It seems that my course will likely be this one:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/handbook/2012/undergraduate/bendigo/science-tech/rbc.htm

I believe all the information tech subjects are set, but I want to fit in four psych subjects and four business subjects.

Or should I just stick to one major and minor (impossibility in deciding which).

I have a strong knowledge in information tech and have a very strong business orientated mind however psychology is interesting.

Please help.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
Re: Wanting To Major in IT, minor in psych and business, possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:24:00 pm »
Bachelor of IT - same course that I'm doing next year at La Trobe! (except I'll be at the Bundoora campus)

There are double degrees (IT/business) / (IT/accounting) at the Bendigo campus that are 4.5 years in duration (or 4 years in the accelerated program).
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Wanting To Major in IT, minor in psych and business, possible?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:41 am »
Dude transfer to Bendigo! If worse comes to worse, I'll just do some psych subjects and do a double in info tech and business.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.