Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:28:15 am

Author Topic: HSC English (Paper 2) - 18/10/19 - Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 9974 times)

svmmitran

• Fresh Poster
Hi, just a question about module B :)
When discussing textual integrity for King Henry IV and its relevance across time, what exactly could you talk about?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
Hi, just a question about module B :)
When discussing textual integrity for King Henry IV and its relevance across time, what exactly could you talk about?

Hey, svmmitran!

For King Henry IV, you would argue that whatever's specified in the question contributes to the reason why the text remains relevant across time. Textual integrity can range from the composer's masterful manipulation of dramatic conventions, to how his representations of power and control resonate with our own endeavours to determine what good leadership is. Basically, your essay should explore what makes the text timeless, then use the question to guide your response as to what shapes the text's ongoing appeal. Some of the critic quotes in this thread might help you out! Hope that clarifies that :)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

phungies

• Trailblazer
Hi guys! Just another question, how should we prepare for Moc C? I only prepared an imaginative and a reflection but I feel like im so underprepared

walkmik

• Adventurer
Hi guys! Just another question, how should we prepare for Moc C? I only prepared an imaginative and a reflection but I feel like im so underprepared

For Module C you should have also studied a few texts, I made sure to brush up on them before tomorrow!
'What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?' -Van Gogh

hollyhock124

• Fresh Poster
Hi! I have a question about Module C, if asked to write a reflection, how long should it be?
Thanks!

emaan

• Adventurer
paper 2 was great. Mod A question was nice and broad for all texts and how modern composers recycle, dismantle or reconstruct so that worked well for me. Mod B thank god did not specify poems and was on spiritual existence which was great because all Eliot's poems relate to it. Mod C was also good with a nice stimulus that was quite broad and a reflection piece from MOD C. Overall was a great paper however forgot to title my creative hope thats not an issue, though I did mention it in the reflection.  :)
2019 HSC- English Advanced, Mathematics Standard, Modern History, Biology and Legal Studies

worldno1

• Trailblazer
paper 2 was great. Mod A question was nice and broad for all texts and how modern composers recycle, dismantle or reconstruct so that worked well for me. Mod B thank god did not specify poems and was on spiritual existence which was great because all Eliot's poems relate to it. Mod C was also good with a nice stimulus that was quite broad and a reflection piece from MOD C. Overall was a great paper however forgot to title my creative hope thats not an issue, though I did mention it in the reflection.  :)

Did you use the excerpt as a stimulus? Because I did and I'm not sure if we were meant to......
Quite concerned about this actually.

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
Did you use the excerpt as a stimulus? Because I did and I'm not sure if we were meant to......

I'm sure it said to continue the excerpt, but I might be wrong. Anyways, I think if the quality of your text is pretty good then you should be fine :).

Overall, really liked this paper! Same thing to say as emaan above, a really good start for the HSC new syllabus! I think I'll get a mark around 70-85, would be pretty satisfied if I get a band 5. Pretty much rushed my reflective, I think that will drag my mark down the most, but we'll see what happens ;D.
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

worldno1

• Trailblazer
I'm sure it said to continue the excerpt, but I might be wrong. Anyways, I think if the quality of your text is pretty good then you should be fine :).

Overall, really liked this paper! Same thing to say as emaan above, a really good start for the HSC new syllabus! I think I'll get a mark around 70-85, would be pretty satisfied if I get a band 5. Pretty much rushed my reflective, I think that will drag my mark down the most, but we'll see what happens ;D.
I lowkey did both, whoops. Hopefully it's OK....what's done is done. I need to stop lamenting over this. :/

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
I lowkey did both, whoops. Hopefully it's OK....what's done is done. I need to stop lamenting over this. :/

It should be fine, if the quality is good then I'm sure it won't change anything :)
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

emaan

• Adventurer

yes this is the only thing that has been bothering me about paper 2 the question asked to continue the excerpt so I did kind of continue it, where I made the persona question what caused this existential crisis, but i really dont see the difference between continuing the excerpt or using it as a stimulus like did you start a brand new story and incorporate the stimulus in there?
2019 HSC- English Advanced, Mathematics Standard, Modern History, Biology and Legal Studies

worldno1

• Trailblazer
yes this is the only thing that has been bothering me about paper 2 the question asked to continue the excerpt so I did kind of continue it, where I made the persona question what caused this existential crisis, but i really dont see the difference between continuing the excerpt or using it as a stimulus like did you start a brand new story and incorporate the stimulus in there?
Yep! I did start a brand new story. I started off with describing the setting (as my story was historical) and then went on to describing the protagonist reading a newspaper.

Benicillin

• Adventurer
Thoughts on paper 2 (stan):

Mod A (The castle):
-I kinda messed up this q. There was 1 paragraph that I think I may lose marks because the quotes used didn't really relate. Will it lost a lot of marks because to be honest, I think I kinda went off topic.

Mod B (Curious Incident):
-The question wasnt that bad. It focuses on ordinary situations and I mentioned about how the experience of discrimmination/stigma, family/raising children and accepting yourself are part of our common lives.

Mod C
-I was very very relieved by this q, I was given a picture to work on which I did an imaginative. In contrast to trials, I have more confidence in getting a higher mark /20 especially I maintained all the tenses (hopefully).

emaan

• Adventurer
Yep! I did start a brand new story. I started off with describing the setting (as my story was historical) and then went on to describing the protagonist reading a newspaper.

hmm, not so sure because the stimulus did say to continue it, however, if the markers realize that a lot of people have done this mistake and don't lament yourself because I know a lot of people who did , then im pretty sure they will scale or be lenient whilst marking.

THSCStudyOnly

• Adventurer
Did the same thing, although I used it as a stimulus for a discursive piece. Hopefully they won't be too harsh :(