Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:37:17 am

Author Topic: What if i do good on my sacs but bad on the exam?  (Read 5035 times)  Share 

kaikaikaikai

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What if i do good on my sacs but bad on the exam?
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:10 pm »
Apologies if this has already been asked but i cannot seem to find answers and i wanna put my mind at ease.
I really really wanna get a 70+ atar to get into the uni i want for a course in design
I got good sac scores; B's, A+,A and the occasional C's (all downscaled subjects; media,english,further math, i.t, design) .
I think i would be ranked somewhere in the top 3 for every subject , in my classes  compared to the other students i tend to do better in sacs and overall in study (my year level isnt known for being a smart year level+ school isnt highly ranked)

However during the exams for far....aint been doing that good i reckon...I did alright on 2 (like a C or D grade maybe. i really dont know...either way i didnt do as good as i expected too)  and bad on 1 (by bad i mean possibly E grade). My last exam is coming up and tbh i am good at media so it will be alright i think for media.

Part of me thinks im overthinking... (found out after a doc appointment that i got bad anxiety this year and all that jazz...which makes me kind of an overthinker sometimes thinking i did worse than i actually did). But im super super worried and stressed out about the atar haha...don't  think ive ever been this nervous over something to do with educational stuff considering im a slightly above average student.

Am i stressing for no reasons or should i actually be concerned? If anyone could be of guidance that would be amazing and i would really really appreciate it. Thank youu

p.s. super sorry if some things don't make sense, i dont know how scaling is done honestly so im just stating whatever comes to mind and ive been unbelievably worried about this since the exams begun
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:59:36 pm by kaikaikaikai »

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
Re: What if i do good on my sacs but bad on the exam?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:39:07 pm »
+1
Apologies if this has already been asked but i cannot seem to find answers and i wanna put my mind at ease.
I really really wanna get a 70+ atar to get into the uni i want for a course in design
I got good sac scores; B's, A+,A and the occasional C's (all downscaled subjects; media,english,further math, i.t, design) .
I think i would be ranked somewhere in the top 3 for every subject , in my classes  compared to the other students i tend to do better in sacs and overall in study (my year level isnt known for being a smart year level+ school isnt highly ranked)

However during the exams for far....aint been doing that good i reckon...I did alright on 2 (like a C or D grade maybe. i really dont know...either way i didnt do as good as i expected too)  and bad on 1 (by bad i mean possibly E grade). My last exam is coming up and tbh i am good at media so it will be alright i think for media.

Part of me thinks im overthinking... (found out after a doc appointment that i got bad anxiety this year and all that jazz...which makes me kind of an overthinker sometimes thinking i did worse than i actually did). But im super super worried and stressed out about the atar haha...don't  think ive ever been this nervous over something to do with educational stuff considering im a slightly above average student.

Am i stressing for no reasons or should i actually be concerned? If anyone could be of guidance that would be amazing and i would really really appreciate it. Thank youu

p.s. super sorry if some things don't make sense, i dont know how scaling is done honestly so im just stating whatever comes to mind and ive been unbelievably worried about this since the exams begun
Have you tried using the ATAR Calculator on this site?
Have you also looked at this thread
I think you are taking this situation a little too far. I would focus on doing as well as you can for the Media exam and when that is done I would then focus on this issue.
I do feel you are stressing a little too much from what you have written here, but I would look into back-up options if you feel certain that you won't be able to get your desired ATAR to get into your desired course. This may include alternative pathways into your course like diplomas, transferring from another course and many more.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.