Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:09:55 pm

Author Topic: Applying to interstate Medicine Undergraduate  (Read 1182 times)  Share 

Tadd12345

• Forum Regular
  • ASPIRINGDOC
  • Respect: +1
Applying to interstate Medicine Undergraduate
« on: October 31, 2019, 01:46:44 pm »
Hello guys, I am in need of serious help here.
My dumbass forgot to apply to undergraduate medical courses in different states, and so far I only have a VTAC application and have only applied to Monash here in Victoria.
Is it too late to make an account for the SATAC and UAC and apply to undergraduate courses in those states? Would they be charging me extra to make such applications? What do I do, I am in need of some assistance here.
Biology (36)
Mathematical Methods (34)
Physics (24)
Chemistry (31)
English (37)
Further Mathematics
(40)
ATAR: 89.55

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Applying to interstate Medicine Undergraduate
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 07:33:05 pm »
+4
It looks like you’ve only missed the early bird round (the one with the cheapest fees), but haven’t missed the standard/ late rounds! As far as I understand it, you’ll still be able to apply for them but you’ll have to pay a lot more (~$200 per state).

More information:
- UAC (NSW and ACT)
- SATAC (SA and NT)
- TISC (WA) - but you won’t be able to apply for Curtin Uni Med as they closed on September 30
- QTAC (QLD) - looks like the fee is only $44 at the moment, but changing your preferences 4 or more times will incur an additional $44/time you change your preferences
- UTas Bachelor of Med and Surgery - already closed on September 30 (UTas is the only uni with medicine in Tas from memory)

Note: I didn’t check all the due dates in all unis with undergrad med in all states, so you’ll have to do that bit of research yourself. The ones I did note as already being closed for applications are ones that I saw during my 2 minutes’ worth of research and will not accept late applications.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread