Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:58:01 pm

Author Topic: Bio Prac Exam  (Read 1298 times)  Share 

maddy.orchard

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Bio Prac Exam
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:08:58 pm »
+1
Heyo, I have a biology prac exam coming up in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any tips of how to study effectively for it. It involves the first inquiry question of module 7. I really need to do well on this one. plz help :/

stella_atarnotes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +13
Re: Bio Prac Exam
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 02:19:46 pm »
+3
Heyo, I have a biology prac exam coming up in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any tips of how to study effectively for it. It involves the first inquiry question of module 7. I really need to do well on this one. plz help :/

Hey! From doing the HSC and taking all the science, I really think biology is a subject where you should write notes, and definitely write notes to the dot points of your syllabus. The syllabus dot points below should be for your module.

describe a variety of infectious diseases caused by pathogens, including microorganisms, macroorganisms and non-cellular pathogens, and collect primary and secondary-sourced data and information relating to disease transmission, including: (ACSBL097, ACSBL098, ACSBL116, ACSBL117)
– classifying different pathogens that cause disease in plants and animals (ACSBL117)
– investigating the transmission of a disease during an epidemic
– design and conduct a practical investigation relating to the microbial testing of water or food samples
– investigate modes of transmission of infectious diseases, including direct contact, indirect contact and vector transmission

When writing your notes, treat each dot point as an exam question and pack your notes with as much relevant information as possible. Consult textbooks, teachers notes etc. You could also do a bit of your own research. Make sure you understand the content very well as this will be the basis of any discussion questions in your prac exam. In terms of hands-on prac aspects, you might be asked to look at a slide under a microscope, calculate the actual length of cells or organisms etc. Then you might be asked to write up a sample prac method so make sure you know the basics of a prac reports, what the variables (independent, dependent, controlled etc ) are. You might also want to study up on the experiments conducted by Pasteur and Koch since these were experiments you could easily replicate in class.

Hope that helps!