Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:37:19 pm

Author Topic: Frankenstein intro- please help!!!  (Read 1247 times)  Share 

solaxaditi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Frankenstein intro- please help!!!
« on: October 13, 2019, 02:24:36 pm »
Hey, this is my first post on an ATAR notes forum so I'm still a bit confused with how it works, that being said, I would really love some help with an introduction I've written for Frankenstein below, just some general tips on expression and how I can include more nuanced arguments (if I should!!) and what I should work on improving! Thanks in advance!!

The world of Shelley’s novel is characterised by “injustice and ingratitude”.’
To what extent do you agree?

Set in the Age of Enlightenment, Romantic author Mary Shelley’s gothic prose, ‘Frankenstein’ critiques society’s moral foreground in its unequal distribution of power and fixation on outer aesthetic, essentially presenting ‘Frankenstein’ as a didactic tale. While characters portrayed as helpless within Frankenstein do face societal injustice and ingratitude, it is ultimately the romantic depiction of ‘perfect’ nature within Shelley’s Frankenstein that is used to emphasise these injustices as being intrinsic, solely to human society. Thus Shelley, with the endorsement of Romantic ideals, proposes the moral corruption faced by an individual as a direct result of society’s innate prejudice and uses the acts of injustice committed through initial prejudice to critique society’s fixation on outer aesthetic.

Rom_Dog

• Adventurer
  • You gotta' just straight up eat the lettuce
  • Respect: +15
Re: Frankenstein intro- please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 10:30:27 am »
Hey! Welcome to the AtarNotes forums  8)

This is a really good introduction! You've deconstructed the prompt nicely and have formed a complex but highly relevant contention. Your use of sophisticated language is wonderful however be cautious as sometimes paragraphs can become convoluted and lack clarity. Essays generally have a very flexible structure, and I'd say that including your more nuanced arguments isn't necessary. keep up the good work!

2019 - 2021: Biomed @ Monash!

solaxaditi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Frankenstein intro- please help!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:36:46 pm »
Sorry for the late reply but thanks so much Rom_Dog, really appreciate it!!