Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:16:59 pm

Author Topic: PhoenixxFire: now an Honorary Moderator! 👏  (Read 2680 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
PhoenixxFire: now an Honorary Moderator! 👏
« on: January 21, 2022, 11:44:28 am »
+21

The date is 30 December 2016 - now more than half a decade ago. It's just another day at ATAR Notes HQ, as the Class of 2016 winds down and the Class of 2017 starts gearing up for the year ahead.

But then something notable happens: PhoenixxFire joins ATAR Notes.

In the 5+ years since, PF has become one of the forum's greatest ever contributors, both quantitatively (more than 3,500 posts - currently the 30th most of all time) and quantitatively.

Today, PhoenixxFire makes the transition from their role as National Moderator to their new role as Honorary Moderator - and this thread is to celebrate and applaud all of PF's contributions so far. 👏

Thank you PhoenixxFire: Honorary Moderator #29

As a very quick overview, PF joined AN in late 2016, as I mentioned, and then started posting in early 2017. The first few posts were in the forum games section, but PF soon branched out to other areas of the forums, and their presence was soon felt widely. At time of writing, PhoenixxFire has a pretty wide range of most-posted boards, including VCE subjects (mostly Bio, where PF really helped take the lead), general discussion, and VCE boards including the VCE Journey Journal section.

But I think it's fair to say that PF was and is well known across practically the entire community, particularly as a State Mod and then a National Mod. Here are some quick facts:

✅  In 2018, PhoenixxFire was voted the Class of 2018 VIC MVP.
✅  In 2019, PhoenixxFire was voted co-winner of the BLAA - an award that aims to represent everything good about ATAR Notes.
✅  That same year, PhoenixxFire became a National Moderator, and has been in that role for more than two years.

As I mentioned above, PF really helped to take the lead in the Bio sections. Check out some of these thread highlights:

🔥  Feedback thread for self-marked exams (August 2019)
🔥  What you don't need to know - and other tips found in VCAA documents (January 2019)
🔥  Challenging biology questions (December 2018)
🔥  Converting content to exam-style questions (Biology) (December 2018)
🔥  Biology Q&A archive/Bio FAQ (April 2018)
🔥  A short guide to studying biology (January 2018)

These threads have thousands and thousands and thousands of views. PF has helped so many students, which is just an awesome thing.

PhoenixxFire is patient, encouraging, and kind with users looking for help, irrespective of whether they've been on ATAR Notes for ten years or for one day. But they also have a balanced posting style, are thought-provoking, and are happy to contribute on a range of topics.

As a mod, PF always takes initiative, is fair, and is a great leader in general. We've been really lucky to have them in a position of leadership for several years, and I'd personally like to thank you, PF, for everything you've done for and with ATAR Notes - not least banning what feels sometimes like thousands of bots.

Please use this thread to join me in thanking PhoenixxFire for more than five years of ATAR Notes contributions. Congratulations PF on your new role as HonMod!

Thank you PhoenixxFire: Honorary Moderator #29
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 11:47:06 am by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.