Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:42 am

Author Topic: Selective School Test 2022  (Read 19043 times)  Share 

ureba

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective School Test 2022
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2021, 02:16:02 pm »
I am not sure but I don't think it's 5% of the people trying out from your school. I think it's 5% of ALL the year 8s in your school. So if you have 200 students in year 8, only 10 can get in. If 5 are trying out then all 5 of them might get in. Not sure but that's what I believe!

Logical reasoning for the thing I just said lol: If only 5 people were trying out from your school..then 5% of that would be 0.25 and it's not possible that none of the students can get in and therefore it makes more sense to me that 5% of all year 8s in your school can only get in.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2021, 04:40:03 pm »
I am not sure but I don't think it's 5% of the people trying out from your school. I think it's 5% of ALL the year 8s in your school. So if you have 200 students in year 8, only 10 can get in. If 5 are trying out then all 5 of them might get in. Not sure but that's what I believe!

Logical reasoning for the thing I just said lol: If only 5 people were trying out from your school..then 5% of that would be 0.25 and it's not possible that none of the students can get in and therefore it makes more sense to me that 5% of all year 8s in your school can only get in.

Yep that's correct but, not all 5 ill make it cause if someone's performance is below standard, then thney won't make it.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2021, 05:27:00 pm »
Yeah, that's why I said it might be a possibility that all 5 would get in meaning no one would need to worry about being cut because of the 5% rule :)

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2021, 11:57:53 am »
I am getting so nervous now lol, only 6 days left, and now I'm getting serious doubts because of the PD-5% thing and seeing that some people got good scores... BTW the tests were different on both days I think because on Saturday people guessed over 20 and on Sunday people guessed only 5 or so for the maths tests, some kids at my tuition who got really low scores did well in the test 

Junhi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2021, 03:08:27 pm »
How did you do in the test Junhi and how many people are trying out from your school?

Lots of kids from my school sat, a good number dropped out before the test.
Numerical =  :'( abysmal. I was prepared Maths was going to be bad but that one was worse.
Verbal was doable. Same for Reading. I was bummed they cut the written test.
What did you think?

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2021, 03:51:45 pm »
I pretty much agree with you - Reading was reasonably good, Verbal was slightly less, but still good and doable., munerical/maths were both poor, guessed 20 in numerical (about 23 for maths). Writing was my strong point, at JAC I averaged 29/30 and at my other tuition 85%.

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2021, 04:38:23 pm »
I pretty much agree with you - Reading was reasonably good, Verbal was slightly less, but still good and doable., munerical/maths were both poor, guessed 20 in numerical (about 23 for maths). Writing was my strong point, at JAC I averaged 29/30 and at my other tuition 85%.
Im nervous too and have been ever since i finshed that brutal test.
I guessed about 15-20 questions in math
10 questions i guessed for numerical
RC was pretty straightforward and i guessed probs like 1 or 2
Verbal was a bit harder than RC and i ended up guessing like 8-9 questions on the test.
From what i heard many people did similar to me on the test day from my school and my school is kind of sweaty which gives but of assurance. I literally sit and think about this exam everyday, the thought of the exa never lets go off my head. Sometimes i want to know the results and sometimes not because i know that if i dont make it in im going to feel reeally depressed. Maths is also my strong point and knowing that i guessed a lot of questions on the day of the test really hurt me. I really hope, really really really hope that we all make it in.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 04:40:09 pm by AnxiousInd »

owly123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2021, 04:50:06 pm »
i am a yr 7 student planning to take the macrob entry exam next year. i haven't practiced at all and i am very nervous, do you have any study tips that might help?

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2021, 04:55:42 pm »
AnxiousInd, were you on saturday or sunday?

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2021, 05:47:48 pm »
sunday

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2021, 05:50:45 pm »
IM pretty sure the test was the same because i did a hendersons recap after the tests and people who did the test on saturday got the same question as the people who did it on sunday

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2021, 06:01:01 pm »
i am a yr 7 student planning to take the macrob entry exam next year. i haven't practiced at all and i am very nervous, do you have any study tips that might help?
Welcome to ATARNotes!

This post helped me prepare (although it isn't strictly "last minute") : https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=155074.0

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2021, 09:31:25 pm »
Hi, these were the websites that helped me the most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkvTgAiBt5o
https://atarnotes.com/selective-schools-tips/
https://atarnotes.com/selective-school-tips-student-guide/
https://www.examsuccess.com.au/blog/posts/how-to-prepare-for-the-victorian-selective-school-test-by-a-former-macrob-girl

Just out of curiosity, what school do you go to and how many people are trying out from it?

Other than these links, the basic info I can provide is that you select tuitions wisely (do Henderson’s or James An), don’t be intimidated by the questions on the day, don’t study very hard in the first few months because otherwise you will lose momentum towards the end and study on the maths topics.

ani2022

• Adventurer
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2022, 09:13:35 pm »
Hi, I took the selective entry exam in 2021 and got all superiors and got into the school of my choice. I wanted to share my experience on the exam and some tips and tricks so see below for a Youtube video I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5xPea-Q4xY