Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:34:26 am

Author Topic: STUDYING and not giving up as exams are approaching very very soon  (Read 2491 times)

fatimaalsaegh

+1
Hi, I'm Fatima. My final exams begin on the 9 of NOV. My exams are mostly all in the first and second week, one after another. Im scared of the results I might receive so..
I know I need to keep revising my work and doing practise questions to improve my ATAR hopefully because I'm really nervous about the outcome I will receive. it's really hard for me to stay confident since I have a fear of opening the exam and not knowing what to write.. or worse wasting my time and writing the wrong thing.
Last year wasn't so great for me in terms of grades so I received a limited amount of early offers in comparison to my peers. so I must put my all in this final exam to get the ATAR I need to get my desired uni preferences.
but lately, it has been really hard for me to get out of bed and keep up my work ethic also I just feel like giving up because it has been such a long year for me and obviously the 2021 Cohort. this is my first and last chance to receive the ATAR I need so i must keep up and do what is required without procrastinating. I'm hoping this thread is what keeps me accountable haha.  ;D

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: STUDYING and not giving up as exams are approaching very very soon
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 08:01:09 pm »
Hi Fatima,

If procrastination is an issue for you, I'd personally recommend downloading Cold Turkey and blocking the websites that distract you until the date of your last exam : https://getcoldturkey.com/

it's really hard for me to stay confident since I have a fear of opening the exam and not knowing what to write.. or worse wasting my time and writing the wrong thing.
I completely get this but the best you can do is prepare as well as you can, read the questions carefully and think before you write considering how many marks the question is worth.

Good luck with your studying!