Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:54:49 am

Author Topic: Holiday Studying  (Read 3282 times)

Octavio16

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Holiday Studying
« on: June 25, 2021, 11:17:31 pm »
Happy holidays everyone. It's the holidays before our trial exams and I want to know if there are any good ways of studying during the holidays. Im currently doing Module C and Module D (Good night and good luck) but I don't know what will be in trials. I want to practice my writing skills and use my evidence more efficiently. If I could get some help that would be great. Maybe some practice questions or study timetable ideas?

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Holiday Studying
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 01:38:23 pm »
+13
Happy holidays everyone. It's the holidays before our trial exams and I want to know if there are any good ways of studying during the holidays. Im currently doing Module C and Module D (Good night and good luck) but I don't know what will be in trials. I want to practice my writing skills and use my evidence more efficiently. If I could get some help that would be great. Maybe some practice questions or study timetable ideas?

Hey Octavio16!
Welcome to the forums :D

Before my English Advanced exam last year, I made a goal to attempt at least 1 essay question everyday until the final exam. I would then ask my teacher to review the essay and mark/ edit for me (which I was so thankful for), and then use the feedback to see how I could reword my response and apply this feedback to future responses.

I found this extremely beneficial to not only my writing skills, but also how to attempt random questions under a timed situation. Over time this conditioned me to be able to walk into the exam and feel like it was another practice question.

I would also recommend writing a plan of what you want to include in the essay, have some documents with many quotes and evidence. Also, have a timetable for when you plan to practice an essay response; For Example, you may want to practice writing essays at the same time as when your English Advanced trial exam is held.

Everyone student gets the holiday period and 24 hours each day before the Trial Exams, but it is how students use their time that can really affect their mark.

Goodluck! :)
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

papa kwan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Holiday Studying
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 11:25:00 am »

I personally found it very beneficial to do essay plans. They're much shorter than full essays so you can revise a wide range of topics in a much shorter period of time. For each plan I'd get a question, identify my arguments and quotes+techniques to support each argument. Then I'd do some brief dot point analysis so I've got an idea of what I'd talk about. I'd also do a couple of essays (at least 2-3) to see how much I can write it the time limit.

Regarding exam questions, I used past HSC papers, past trial papers, trial papers from other schools. I also made my own questions, or adjust other questions, for instance, if a past HSC question specifies a theme, what I'd do is simply change the theme and/or directive verb.

Good luck