Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:04:51 am

Author Topic: Bio Unit 1  (Read 1533 times)  Share 

chaput

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mount Waverley Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2020
Bio Unit 1
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:32 am »
Hi there,
Does can someone please explain the course of unit 1 in more detail, but simple english. I have checked the VCAA website and the study guide, but I can'r exactly get my head around it. Additionally, are there any good resources to work with?

Thanks

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Bio Unit 1
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:46:47 pm »
+8
Here you go. I 'translated' the key knowledge dot points from the Unit 1 study design for you. Don't worry about it too much I barely knew what a study design was going into Unit 1 biology. A lot of the language they use is scientific terminology that you will learn as you go through the course which is why it won't make much sense right now. It will make a lot more sense once you've started it. The files are split up by Area of study. There's 3 in Unit 1. The bolded parts are off the study design (and the blurb at the start is too) the dot points below them (not bolded) are my interpretation of them in simpler language. Feel free to ask if you have any questions/don't understand something.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

chaput

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mount Waverley Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2020
Re: Bio Unit 1
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:11 pm »
Here you go. I 'translated' the key knowledge dot points from the Unit 1 study design for you. Don't worry about it too much I barely knew what a study design was going into Unit 1 biology. A lot of the language they use is scientific terminology that you will learn as you go through the course which is why it won't make much sense right now. It will make a lot more sense once you've started it. The files are split up by Area of study. There's 3 in Unit 1. The bolded parts are off the study design (and the blurb at the start is too) the dot points below them (not bolded) are my interpretation of them in simpler language. Feel free to ask if you have any questions/don't understand something.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It helped me out loads!! :)