Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:58 am

Author Topic: Japanese Tips  (Read 5582 times)  Share 

kalskads

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Strathfield Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Japanese Tips
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:24 pm »
Hi,
Is there anyone who's studied Japanese, or is currently studying Japanese continuers or above? Do you have any tips for studying Japanese Beginners? I'm currently studying it, and it would be great to get some advice on things that I could be doing to improve.

[email protected]

• Fresh Poster
  • School: BMGS
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Japanese Tips
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:02 am »
+1
Hi there,

I'm currently studying Japanese continuers and would love to give advice! what kind of things were you after?... :)
I've been studying Japanese for quite a while now and noticed the beginners course goes soon fast. Are you comfortable with all hiragana and katakana yet? There are heaps of ways to learn fast and boost confidence.

I would suggest having a study timetable and regularly doing short drills to remember what you've learnt. When it comes to kanji, it's essential to keep practising otherwise it just departs your memory for ever! There are many ways to improve reading and writing like reading Japanese signs and notices. Believe it or not Japanese Children's books are helpful because they go through the mechanics of learning hiragana and katakana in a easy to understand way. For speaking and listening try to listen to Japanese television to get used to the sound, rhythm and speed. If you have an opportunity to speak to someone outside of your Japanese class do so because it is the best way to learn! being out of your comfort zone is absolutely essential for learning a language.

rh1A

• Trailblazer
Re: Japanese Tips
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:01:00 pm »
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THOSE!!!!!!