Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:50 pm

Author Topic: How to get a Band 6 in Business Studies!  (Read 112109 times)  Share 

sophiemacpherso

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: How to get a Band 6 in Business Studies!
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:54 pm »
So so helpfultthankyou !!

marcusgrahamm

• Forum Regular
  • --
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2017, 08:12:10 pm »
Thank you this is great!!

Acronyms help so much more.
Business Studies-89

Legal Studies-93

Modern History-93

Society And Culture-93

Advanced English-93

Ext 1 Eng- 42

ATAR: 96.95

Kirri Rule

• Trailblazer
  • School: Northern beaches christain school
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2017, 07:58:11 pm »
Hi I was wondering if people are recommending doing hypothetical businesses or having specific case studies??

Kirri Rule

• Trailblazer
  • School: Northern beaches christain school
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2017, 07:59:17 pm »
Sorry just regarding the question above, if people are recomending the case studies where are they getting the infomation from (as its taking me ages) and how are you/what is the best way to remember them as this was my big struggle for half yearlies. Thank you

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:35 pm »
+1
Hi I was wondering if people are recommending doing hypothetical businesses or having specific case studies??

My teacher has suggested that it doesn't matter if you use real or hypothetical case studies as long as you can demonstrate how it connects to the theory. I find it easier to use real case studies as it can be hard to make up your own

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »
+1
Sorry just regarding the question above, if people are recomending the case studies where are they getting the infomation from (as its taking me ages) and how are you/what is the best way to remember them as this was my big struggle for half yearlies. Thank you

There are a few business case studies designed specifically around the Business Studies syllabus that you can get. The major one is Qantas (http://businesscasestudy.com.au/) and I have seen one for Ikea.
This is a link for an Apple case study: https://tablo.io/christanphotography/everything-business-studies
Hope this helps!  ;D

jingyi.ren1999

• Adventurer
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2017, 12:07:59 pm »
Hi! how does one really study for business trial? I have my trials in week 1 and studying this much contents is a bit overwhelming. Any tips???
 ;)

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2017, 12:25:42 pm »
+1
Hi! how does one really study for business trial? I have my trials in week 1 and studying this much contents is a bit overwhelming. Any tips???
 ;)

Hi, have you written any studies notes so far?
If you have I find summarising those notes into flashcards helpful as these are easy to read and quickly go over.
I also find it helpful to link my case studies into the notes.
For example, for Liquidity I would have a quick definition of what it is, how it is measured and what strategies can be used to improve it. Then on the same card or on another card I would write what Qantas's liquidity ratio is and then list the strategies they use to improve their liquidity.
If you haven't written any notes I would suggest looking at the notes section on ATAR Notes and use some of those notes to make summaries.
Practice HSC questions are REALLY helpful!! You could do a practice paper and then mark it. This will give you an idea of what content you are confident with and what areas you may need to focus on. I would suggest you make flashcards of key things to remember that you may have gotten wrong.
And I find that reading through study notes before going to sleep a useful way to remember them, but this might not work for everyone.
This is basically how study the week or a few days before a business studies exam.
Hope this helps!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:27:57 pm by bearbear »

jingyi.ren1999

• Adventurer
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:58 am »
+1
Hi, have you written any studies notes so far?
If you have I find summarising those notes into flashcards helpful as these are easy to read and quickly go over.
I also find it helpful to link my case studies into the notes.
For example, for Liquidity I would have a quick definition of what it is, how it is measured and what strategies can be used to improve it. Then on the same card or on another card I would write what Qantas's liquidity ratio is and then list the strategies they use to improve their liquidity.
If you haven't written any notes I would suggest looking at the notes section on ATAR Notes and use some of those notes to make summaries.
Practice HSC questions are REALLY helpful!! You could do a practice paper and then mark it. This will give you an idea of what content you are confident with and what areas you may need to focus on. I would suggest you make flashcards of key things to remember that you may have gotten wrong.
And I find that reading through study notes before going to sleep a useful way to remember them, but this might not work for everyone.
This is basically how study the week or a few days before a business studies exam.
Hope this helps!  ;D

haha thanks, I am up to date with my notes as I tend to do them as I go. and I have finished 3 business past papers and reviewed them. i'm not confident with the finance topic expecially applying expense ratio... to real life scenarios. I don't think I get it. ahha

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2017, 05:27:42 pm »
+2

haha thanks, I am up to date with my notes as I tend to do them as I go. and I have finished 3 business past papers and reviewed them. i'm not confident with the finance topic expecially applying expense ratio... to real life scenarios. I don't think I get it. ahha
Hi, so the expense ratio is a way of measuring efficiency, which is one of the financial objectives, and it helps the business to see if it's costs are too high. This link might be helpful https://aishscbusinessstudies.wikispaces.com/file/view/Efficiency+Ratios.pdf
And finance is quite a hard topic for most people but the best way to improve is probably to doing practice questions

bwayne212415

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2017, 01:02:16 am »
+1
Hey, could you possibly repost the link for the notes? I'm getting to a blank page

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2017, 06:57:19 pm »
Hey, could you possibly repost the link for the notes? I'm getting to a blank page

Hey there, do you need to get to the notes section?? You can super easily get there by going up to the top of the page and hovering over the notes section and clicking on HSC notes - then search for business studies. You'll see heaaapsss of FREE notes here not just for business but for a range of other subjects like English, Economics, History etc. If you had some time, it would be awesome if you could upload any notes or anything you have donee!!!

Lemme know if you need help navigating anywhere else :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

harriethurley

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2021, 06:06:49 pm »
How do I study for finance - there's so much to remember and its so confusing