Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:53 pm

Author Topic: Bachelor of Education K-12 (Middle Schooling) at CSU  (Read 2335 times)  Share 

walkec

Bachelor of Education K-12 (Middle Schooling) at CSU
« on: June 06, 2012, 08:58:50 pm »
Hey everyone.
I am living in metro Melbourne at the moment, so I'm starting to look around at unis with the aim of completing an education degree. I am currently thinking that I would like to be qualified to teach both primary and secondary so I was looking at K-12 Education at CSU Albury-Wodonga.

However, I am a bit concerned about the financial viability of the move from metropolitan Melbourne to Albury-Wodonga. My parents tell me that I would have to fund the move entirely and essentially double the cost of my university education.

So, is there anyone out there who has made the move to CSU Albury-Wodonga? If so, how much is accommodation (both on and off campus), what do you do for employment, is CSU a good university and positive environment. But more importantly, how did you survive the move and do you regret it? How do you budget?

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
Re: Bachelor of Education K-12 (Middle Schooling) at CSU
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:53:27 am »
Have you looked into whether you would qualify for Youth Allowance if you moved out of home? Without parental or government support, it will be very difficult to pull in enough cash from a part-time job to support yourself.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:07:39 am »
Do you really wanna go to CSU considering you live in metro Melbourne?
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

walkec

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »
Do you really wanna go to CSU considering you live in metro Melbourne?

Well moving away from home to go to uni has always appealed to me. But the cost issue is probably the biggest deterring factor. And it would also be based upon what I want to study and where it is offered.