Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:05:11 pm

Author Topic: What ATAR could I get as a B+ student?  (Read 2341 times)

beematw

• Fresh Poster
What ATAR could I get as a B+ student?
« on: May 18, 2022, 06:52:51 pm »
I think of myself as a pretty average student, excelling in some areas and doing just fine in others. Nothing online seems to make much sense when it comes to what ATAR I could achieve with my grades (see below), so I was hoping for some clarification there. I'm only in Year 11 so I know my grades will fluctuate and it doesn't matter too much, but I like to be prepared.

English: A, B+, A+
French: B+, B
Media: A, B+
Politics: B, B
Philosophy: B+, B+
History: B, B

I'm aiming for an 85+ ATAR, but I'd be happy with an 80. Does anyone know what kind of ATAR these results would get me? Thanks :)

PS: I'll probably drop philosophy next year.
:,)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
Re: What ATAR could I get as a B+ student?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 08:48:11 pm »
Hi beematw!

Since you're in yr 11, vcaa only wants to know if you pass or fail. That is if you get an S or N on your sacs.

In yr 12, ss (study scores) depend on your rank and the class average. Lets your history class gets 50% average on a certain sac and you got 60%. That would mean that you have rank that is at least higher than most of your classmates. Sacs are used purely to determine ranking and how vcaa would determine your ss. Vcaa will use your sac ranking against exam performance and use data on how your classmates did too,

My advice for yr 11 is just try your best. If you get one bad sac mark then its not the end of the world. Even if you do get a bad sac mark in yr 12, its just one sac.

All the best,
beep boop
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

kartik735

• Fresh Poster
Re: What ATAR could I get as a B+ student?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 08:57:46 pm »
Thankyou beep boop,
can anyone give any advice for someone who is going into 1&2 accounting soon.